You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Is Konchesky: the worst player to ever to play for us?

1892-LFCWasBorn

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bjornebye was three times the player Konchesky is.

Bjørnebye had his obvious flaws and were hugely critisized for his crossing, but in the 1996/97 season when he made the PFA team of the year he had 19 assists.

If our current fullbacks manages 10 assist amongst them that would be a huge improvement.

Dossena is streets ahead of Konchesky. At least he plays for Top 6 Italian outfit, in a starring role at times, and is considered one of Top 5 best left wing backs in Italian football. As poor as he is defensively, he can be an attacking threat. Insua might be on the par with Konchesky in terms of positioning sense, but is much more composed and can offer something going forward. Konchesky thanks to assist at Maxi goal has the same amount of assists as Insua in his first season, so he's likely to get better. Insua get international call-ups, Konchesky can't get the sniff of them at the moment. Insua has better assists per games ratio than Patrice Evra and Gael Clichy, worse than Baines only, whose assists come from set-pieces mostly. Insua was to blame for 8-9 goals last term at most, Konchesky already has 5.

I actually hate him because of his utter shiteness.

He ineptness makes my blood fucking boil. He is the most clueless footballer I've ever seen. His awareness of what's around him is just fucking abysmal.

Can't we hound him out of the team like we did with Poulsen?

Come back Insua, all is forgiven.

Rant over!!!

EDIT: Please merge with the other useless turd thread.

Look at your own name.

That's 118 years ago. And you imagine that someone who is (at worst) middling by Premiership standards is the worst ever???

Bell.

Bjørnebye had his obvious flaws and were hugely critisized for his crossing, but in the 1996/97 season when he made the PFA team of the year he had 19 assists.

If our current fullbacks manages 10 assist amongst them that would be a huge improvement.

True, but his success rate was still about only 2 per cent, as he attempted those crosses about 1000 times that year. Both him and Mcateer were vital to the way we played then, but whereas Mcateer actually had the ability then to beat a man and mix between a decent forward pass/cross, Bjornebye just banged it as soon as he passed the halfway line. Still agree he was better than Konchesky, but as I tried to poin out in my first post it was more that he broke the magic of playing for Liverpool for me than him being a horrible player. Him being in the PFA team that year was the equivalent of players with Youtube compilations these days though. Most of those assists were down to Fowler's brilliance as much as the quality of the crosses anyway, a lot of them were just hopeful punts before God made them tell. Fuck me I miss Fowler:(

Originally Posted by Royal Family View Post

I suppose I should be surprised that he gets slaughtered for thewir winning goal (and rightly) but noone has even mentioned Carra's culpability for letting Modric run past him, and not even bothering to track him on the first goal?

But Carra was trying to cover Johnson's inability to close down and prevent an opposition player attack the penalty area.

I blame Johnson for that myself as Carra probably would have given away a free kick outside the box if he'd been playing at right back.

But Carra was trying to cover Johnson's inability to close down and prevent an opposition player attack the penalty area.

I blame Johnson for that myself as Carra probably would have given away a free kick outside the box if he'd been playing at right back.

I guess I am about the only one thinking Carra's absence is a blessing in disguise. Time for the Kyrgiakos/Skrtel partnership to get a chance, one quick(ish) defender alongside one that actually knows how to make his presence felt should (in theory at least) be good. I have some concerns over their positional play together, but imo Carra should have been benched long ago...

I guess I am about the only one thinking Carra's absence is a blessing in disguise. Time for the Kyrgiakos/Skrtel partnership to get a chance, one quick(ish) defender alongside one that actually knows how to make his presence felt should (in theory at least) be good. I have some concerns over their positional play together, but imo Carra should have been benched long ago...

Carras been our best defender for past couple of months IMO and is a better defender than Johnson and Konchesky put together.

Benched with the quality of available replacements and current form? Not for me!

So a player runs directly at carragher. Skins him; just by running in a straight line, not with any Messi type wonderment and the covering full back is to take all the blame? I don't think so.

Carragher made the decision to step up and pressure a ball he was never going to reach, doing so took him out of the play. When you do that you have to get the man or the ball.

And Johnson was way too far away to cover, so his choice was a tackle from behind and a surefire penalty.

Konchesky is just a mediocre player - he's far from dreadful, and he is without doubt an upgrade from last year's incumbent.

Very much in doubt.

He is dreadful and he's eight years older.