You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a lot of entrenched opinion and hypocrisy on here, that is fallout from the Rafa departure, and I think some of the prominent ART members are as guilty of it as anyone. It's fully acceptable to think that Carragher is generally a chap who is a very positive influence on Liverpool Football Club whilst at the same time thinking that he may have been involved in some power games to remove a manager that he, and others, had fallen out with. In exactly the same way as you could see the former manager as someone who generally wanted to do positive things for the football club but played hardball when he wanted something personally, like more control, more money for players or his payout.

I presume that there was some mischief from Carragher during the later period of Rafa's reign, and that presumption is, I think, pretty uncontroversial given the musings that were coming out at the time as evidence to back up opinion against the gaffer; I'm also still to see Bascombe attack Roy for playing him at right-back every game but we'll leave that one for now. I do think it's a bit off that the same sources and methods that were used to back up opinions against Rafa are now being questioned by the people that unquestioningly believed them previously. No smoke without fire is suddenly being taken out of the manifesto. Thumb twiddling has gone from being all the rage to being beneath us.

A bit of Machiavellian tinkering doesn't make him a force for evil, it just makes him a human being (just as is didn't whenever Rafa did it to get his own way on things). And giving so many good years to a club and starting his very worthy foundation doesn't elevate him from that position of being human, and sometimes being open to criticism. People are always going to carry bias but debates about Carra can still be debated strongly from his side without the need to start changing the rules of engagement that people played by for the last year or two. And lastly, I couldn't give a fuck if he shouts at some fans, he's a grown man and so are they.

Cracking post Stu. Pity it will get lost in a myriad of personal slanging match on another waste of a thread.

Whatever you are, you're no Liverpool fan.[/quote

If you are the definition of a LIVERPOOL FAN, then I am gladly not a fucking liverpool fan because the liverpool support isn't full of ignorant, deluded twats like you.

So keep up with your bullshit every single footballing point you have posted I have responded to and you can't deal with awwwww poor you.

So are you the 'very definition of a Liverpool fan' then? Because if you are then we are all in trouble. I wasn't aware of the change, are we all to act like egotistical, antagonistic, clueless twats now, as Liverpool fans? I must have deleted that email before I read it.

You, lad, are bringing trouble where it isn't needed or wanted. You have said your piece (far too often, and with some appalling grammar) now just crawl off back under your rock and leave the sensible discussion to the grownups. Break is over, it's time for milk and story on the mat.

Edited by RedBrian84
error

As you all know, I can usually lower myself to any fucking level in order to hurl opprobrium and swear-words at the shit-smeared spastics that occasionally splash about in the sewage pipe in the depths of this site.

There has been nobody at all that I have deemed too pathetic, stupid, pitiful or defenceless not to get a "thick cunt" at the very least.

Until now. Until lyricallylethal.

I am at a loss. There seems, for the first time, simply no point at all.

Lyricallylethal - I salute you.

Behave, they've embarrassed themselves recently along with a lot of other so called Liverpool forums.

This 'recently' stuff needs to stop sooner rather than later, whatever side of the divide you fall no Liverpool forum has covered themselves in glory over the past few years whether it's this one allowing stories of corruption and outright fucking nastiness to go on or having our own continuously monotonous polls. The 'other forums' with their polls and name calling or individuals being absolute twats across multiple site.

This so called demise of Liverpool supporters didn't start this season or last it's been going on for decades so to try and paint it as a recent occurrence is completely disingenuous.

And what has your beloved Merieles done when he has played? it is funny how most people hadn't even heard of him until he signed and now he is the best thing since sliced bread.

Well you say that, but according to FIFA's statistics, each game in the World Cup was watched by an average of 93 million people and he played in all of Portugal's games.

As you all know, I can usually lower myself to any fucking level in order to hurl opprobrium and swear-words at the shit-smeared spastics that occasionally splash about in the sewage pipe in the depths of this site.

There has been nobody at all that I have deemed too pathetic, stupid, pitiful or defenceless not to get a "thick cunt" at the very least.

Until now. Until lyricallylethal.

I am at a loss. There seems, for the first time, simply no point at all.

Lyricallylethal - I salute you.

Fuck me, that made me laugh. The emboldened bit had me struggling for breath for a couple of seconds, there; still chuckling now as I type. Genius.

All that says is that Monty has deemed it worthy of his time.

*Desperately wishes he hadn't repped Monty's previous post thereby preventing neggage of the use of the third person.*

*Recognises the double standard of criticising self-referential third person usage with self-referential third person usage.*

*Slopes back off to semi-retired posting status.*

So let me get this straight.

If (hypothetically speaking) Carra wields power inside the club, power and influence over and above that of any other player, if anyone objects to this (hypothetically speaking), you're not just a 'tit', but you're anti-Scouser too? Even if you're a Scouser yourself?

Would that mean you're a self-hating Scouser? And also, the OP thinks there can be no end to his power, that it can be infinite and must never be questioned?

If (hypothetically speaking) Carra or any other player gained power and influence inside the club over and above that of his station, he should be cut down to size with great (metaphorical) violence and speed.

Player power turns a club into shit.

For how long do you think that Shankly and Paisley would tolerate any (purely hypothetically speaking) player power from the likes of Carragher? They'd have ripped his head off and kicked him to the kerb.

Now, this is all hypothetical, right? So don't get your knickers in a twist if it offends you.

(and lastly, if Carra wants to manage us one day, I hope he goes and manages another club and shows he can do it and then if a vacancy arises in the future with us he can apply for it and if he has proven his talent then maybe he can get an interview. Thats the way to do it)

If (hypothetically speaking) Carra wields power inside the club, power and influence over and above that of any other player, if anyone objects to this (hypothetically speaking), you're not just a 'tit', but you're anti-Scouser too? Even if you're a Scouser yourself?

Would that mean you're a self-hating Scouser? And also, the OP thinks there can be no end to his power, that it can be infinite and must never be questioned?

If (hypothetically speaking) Carra or any other player gained power and influence inside the club over and above that of his station, he should be cut down to size with great (metaphorical) violence and speed.

For how long do you think that Shankly and Paisley would tolerate any (purely hypothetically speaking) player power from the likes of Carragher? They'd have ripped his head off and kicked him to the kerb.

Now, this is all hypothetical, right? So don't get your knickers in a twist if it offends you.

(and lastly, if Carra wants to manage us one day, I hope he goes and manages another club and shows he can do it and then if a vacancy arises in the future with us he can apply for it and if he has proven his talent then maybe he can get an interview. Thats the way to do it)

The words of Alex Ferguson:

"The minute a footballer becomes more important than a manager, your club is dead,' he added. 'The history of this club goes right down the drain.

'I'm the most important man at Manchester United. It has to be that way. The minute a player threatens my control I have to take it seriously. If he's affecting results or morale he has to go. My strength has to be obvious for all to see.

I think it's dangerous to say that a player (in this case Carragher) can't possibly have too much authority or influence at a club.

It's not the way to success. Ant might want to rethink what he's saying here.

Indeed it is all a bit hi-pathetic really

Is that the same Alex Ferguson whose recently been publicly spitroasted by Rooney and his agent?

But also the one who bombed out Beckham, Keane, Hughes, Stam, Ince and Van Nistelrooy when he thought the time was right, or they'd got too big for their boots.

If Alex Ferguson had taken Ant's advice and decided that those players were untouchable, and could never have too much power and influence, would Manchester United now be on 18 titles?

But also the one who bombed out Beckham, Keane, Hughes, Stam, Ince and Van Nistelrooy when he thought the time was right, or they'd got too big for their boots.

Exactly. I think this is one of the reasons Man Utd has maintained itself on top for so long - a ruthless attitude towards the playing staff, fostering stability in managerial decisions.

But here we are, scared to drop a single player for even a game in case he gets angry.

If Alex Ferguson had taken Ant's advice and decided that those players were untouchable, and could never have too much power and influence, would Manchester United now be on 18 titles?

I've seen it all now. The words of Alex Ferguson used to have a go at one of Liverpool's finest servants.

Some people really need to have a word with themselves. This witch hunt for Carragher is getting out of hand.