You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jamie Carragher is my all time favourite Liverpool player. He's a local lad, says it how he sees it and has his feet firmly routed to the ground. He's a world class player who has featured in our greatest wins over the past decade.

He's a red through and through and is a testament to himself, his family and the city. If there is anyone who I have never lost faith in at the club it's Jamie. He's the fan on the pitch, he's loyal to the cause.

If we talk about him from a purely footballing point of view. The past 2 years have seen Carra get some stick. At his age, he should be taking the 'Hyypia' role. But sadly unlike Sami, Carra didn't have anyone like Hyypia alongside him I.E Carragher to help him out.

What we have got with Carragher is someone who is leading the pack, organising a seemingly blind defence and is playing with different people week out. Thats not to give him an excuse for hoofing the ball alot or often getting caught out. But he hasn't been given the sort of reliance he has afforded the likes of Hyypia over the years. He's a 30 odd year old running up the wing and coming back again. It takes it's toll.

Thats just my short take on the whole Carra as a player bit, it's been argued to death. But thats not really the point of this thread, the point of this thread is to ask what are people going on about Carragher having too much power at this club.

I've been reading comments on twitter, on here and other websites. Calling Carra a cunt for getting Rafa the sack, giving Roy the job. It's bizarre. If there is one person I truly believe has this clubs interest at heart. It's Jamie.

I don't know what it is with some sections of our support. Is it the fact they don't like scousers? Is it they don't like fans idolising such an old school defender. I genuinely don't know what it is. But the vitrol about him is bizarre and unfounded. It's become a niche market with Carragher. I've seen piss take pictures of him with Hodgson. Who the fuck knows what Carra thinks about Hodgson? He might want him sacked, he might want him to stay, he might also think fixing this problem is going to take more than a manager change and a few big name purchases.

Carragher is on his way out, his glory days are behind him but as a player he can still offer us leadership and a steady head. He might be rash, he might be too passionate but you can never doubt he does what he does because he is Liverpool Football Club.

Carragher can never have too much power at this football club and the notion that he himself got Rafa sacked is fucking ridiculous as it is funny, and it's also ridiculous that he also wanted Hodgson. We don't know Carragher's preference but many fans seem to be wanting to find a scape goat, and Carra fits that bit perfectly.

I hope the fans who are reading this, and they know who they are. Realise that Jamie Carragher is one of the few shining lights in this team. He could play his trade in Sunny Spain and Italy, have a piss easy job, but no he's here, is Gerrard's talent deserve a bigger stage, so does Carraghers.

Never before has this club expressed vitriol from pillar to post over a under performing manager, and never before has some sections of the fanbase seemingly wanted to get other entities chewed up and spit it in an orchestrated internet campaign of manager and player change.

Jamie deserve better than this.

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't want to provide you with quite big load of proofs or half-proofs, that he could have taken part in it, because you seem fireproof for any criticism for Carra in this area. It's not the question of his contract, it's a minor thing, but there are at least 53 incidents, which I managed to enlist in my copy book, that speak volumes. It could be right, could be wrong. I also believed in Carragher lasting innocence and rejected all this talk as rubbish until I started to think retrospectively of the scenario that seems possible or even probable now. There are countless ITK, not only self-confessed ones, but the ones on twitter or RAWK (not my favourite place), who get the squad and all the transfer well ahead of them taking place, who say it was Carra who wanted Rafa gone and orchestrated it. Explains all the dressing room problems we've been having for last 4-5 months.

If Carragher is a shining light in this team, i would like to see the lights turn out. because this team is piss poor even tho we play with 8 defenders every match. sorry but thats the way i read your propaganda.

all that debate about hodgeson and manager appointments i dont wanna talk about because i dont know shit about it.

but watching the team i love be in such a huge mess every single match i find baffeling when many people think we have the best leader in the world controlling our defense

Jamie Carragher is my all time favourite Liverpool player. He's a local lad, says it how he sees it and has his feet firmly routed to the ground. He's a world class player who has featured in our greatest wins over the past decade.

He's a red through and through and is a testament to himself, his family and the city. If there is anyone who I have never lost faith in at the club it's Jamie. He's the fan on the pitch, he's loyal to the cause.

If we talk about him from a purely footballing point of view. The past 2 years have seen Carra get some stick. At his age, he should be taking the 'Hyypia' role. But sadly unlike Sami, Carra didn't have anyone like Hyypia alongside him I.E Carragher to help him out.

What we have got with Carragher is someone who is leading the pack, organising a seemingly blind defence and is playing with different people week out. Thats not to give him an excuse for hoofing the ball alot or often getting caught out. But he hasn't been given the sort of reliance he has afforded the likes of Hyypia over the years. He's a 30 odd year old running up the wing and coming back again. It takes it's toll.

Thats just my short take on the whole Carra as a player bit, it's been argued to death. But thats not really the point of this thread, the point of this thread is to ask what are people going on about Carragher having too much power at this club.

I've been reading comments on twitter, on here and other websites. Calling Carra a cunt for getting Rafa the sack, giving Roy the job. It's bizarre. If there is one person I truly believe has this clubs interest at heart. It's Jamie.

I don't know what it is with some sections of our support. Is it the fact they don't like scousers? Is it they don't like fans idolising such an old school defender. I genuinely don't know what it is. But the vitrol about him is bizarre and unfounded. It's become a niche market with Carragher. I've seen piss take pictures of him with Hodgson. Who the fuck knows what Carra thinks about Hodgson? He might want him sacked, he might want him to stay, he might also think fixing this problem is going to take more than a manager change and a few big name purchases.

Carragher is on his way out, his glory days are behind him but as a player he can still offer us leadership and a steady head. He might be rash, he might be too passionate but you can never doubt he does what he does because he is Liverpool Football Club.

Carragher can never have too much power at this football club and the notion that he himself got Rafa sacked is fucking ridiculous as it is funny, and it's also ridiculous that he also wanted Hodgson. We don't know Carragher's preference but many fans seem to be wanting to find a scape goat, and Carra fits that bit perfectly.

I hope the fans who are reading this, and they know who they are. Realise that Jamie Carragher is one of the few shining lights in this team. He could play his trade in Sunny Spain and Italy, have a piss easy job, but no he's here, is Gerrard's talent deserve a bigger stage, so does Carraghers.

Never before has this club expressed vitriol from pillar to post over a under performing manager, and never before has some sections of the fanbase seemingly wanted to get other entities chewed up and spit it in an orchestrated internet campaign of manager and player change.

Jamie deserve better than this.

Carragher's no different to previous players who have given excellent service over the years,

players form dip and he should concentrate on playing his way back to form instead of haranguing younger lesser players

If Carragher is a shining light in this team, i would like to see the lights turn out. because this team is piss poor even tho we play with 8 defenders every match. sorry but thats the way i read your propaganda.

all that debate about hodgeson and manager appointments i dont wanna talk about because i dont know shit about it.

but watching the team i love be in such a huge mess every single match i find baffeling when many people think we have the best leader in the world controlling our defense

I don't think we have the best leader in the world. I do believe we have the person who has the clubs best interests at heart though.

He's a 30 odd year old playing about 3-4 different positions, he's playing alongside different players week in week out, and he's got fans chatting shit about him.

I don't want to provide you with quite big load of proofs or half-proofs, that he could have taken part in it, because you seem fireproof for any criticism for Carra in this area. It's not the question of his contract, it's a minor thing, but there are at least 53 incidents, which I managed to enlist in my copy book, that speak volumes. It could be right, could be wrong. I also believed in Carragher lasting innocence and rejected all this talk as rubbish until I started to think retrospectively of the scenario that seems possible or even probable now. There are countless ITK, not only self-confessed ones, but the ones on twitter or RAWK (not my favourite place), who get the squad and all the transfer well ahead of them taking place, who say it was Carra who wanted Rafa gone and orchestrated it. Explains all the dressing room problems we've been having for last 4-5 months.

I've tried reading that a number of times; i've held it up to a mirror; i've translated it into 25 languages on babelfish, and it still reads like complete nonsense. What on earth are you talking about?

Guest San Don

Seriously, you reckon? I think you're just pursuing a vendetta against Carragher.

When you've finished on him, you'll start on Gerrard. Then you'll start on Torres and or Reina.

You're a mong. Seriously, fuck off. I wouldnt believe twatter and rawk if they told me Liverpool FC played in Red.

i said it the other night in the hodgson thread and ill say it again.

why do people seek out stuff that drives them mad,were all grown folk here,if it bothers you that much avoid it.

although technically i agree with you to an extent,slating carra when we dont know the facts is out of order,the team is not in a state because of carra.

thats the trouble with us as fans,we get blind sided,we forget who the real problem is and go after people on the edge who just happen to be having a dip in form,btw i wasnt aware carra was playing badly?

I seem to remember last season when Paul Tomkins - he of the 4-hour lunch with Rafa - posted some snide and nasty accusations about Carra's family - which implied Carra was behind a campaign to remove the manager - he got a phone call from an irate Carra, and he quickly backtracked. So I'm sure Carra is well aware of all these rumours, and is probably bitterly hurt by it.

As i posted in another thread, where will this vendetta end?? Gerrard will be next, along with anyone else deemed 'suspect' by the blind followers of the ancien regime.

Mongs drink up and go home. Stop talking about shit you have no idea about and fuck off.

It's Roy who needs to go and maybe 3 of the summer signings, Brad, piss off, Knochesky, you r not wanted here, and Poulsen, get your coat (Made from 100% sizzling Schmeichel sliced bacon rashers). The lot of them can carry Roy out of Anfield chanting 'Dalglish'.

Arise, Sir Kenny of Dalglishire.

San Don

What would be the point of looking for a revenge? I wanted Benitez gone provided we got a superior manager and as I clearly emphasised, what you probably missed with your Carragher attorney glasses, I don't follow RAWK, don't like it and always had big respect for Jamie Carragher. It's funny when you speak of vendetta and blastt RAWK and Twitter without basic ability to read and understand what you read. I delibreately outlined, that I meant credible ITKs, mostly neutrals on Rafa, including some lads, who couldn't stand the man. And as much as you can't properly read, you use your imagination and suggest I'll have a go with other key figures. Made me chuckle.

Never before has this club expressed vitriol from pillar to post over a under performing manager, and never before has some sections of the fanbase seemingly wanted to get other entities chewed up and spit it in an orchestrated internet campaign of manager and player change

Really, seriously.

Good post Ant but you are making statements about Carra didn't do this and Carra didn't do that but you don't know yourself what has really been going off at Melwood.

Very few people do.

Still doesn't stop people spreading rumours around when there's no evidence to back them up, though.