You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Will Purslow keep his job under the new regime?

myrlas

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that's what hes saying. And I don't believe him.

I don't believe him either - not even for 1 second.

Take Aquilani for example - Rafa bought him - NO ONE else. It was clearly evident as he thought he was a £30m player who we got for a cheap price.

We haven't bought anyone as expensive since to lay the blame at Purslow's door.

If Purslow had a say in buying players I bet it was about young players with potential - possibly based on Kenny's advice.

Purslow's job was to dig us out of the financial mess we were in. He did it and deserves nothing but lifelong gratitude for the way it all came together in the end.

He didn't get the job because of his football genius, we've turned to shite on his watch. You can blame his bosses for a lot of it but as a football administrator he has been appalling. Better to part ways now while he has the goodwill than hang around and damage his reputation.

I think when it boils down to it, is that Rafa wants to still be our manager and wishes he was still here even though he has a brilliant job at Inter. Think it was right time rafa went but i do kind of feel sorry for him a bit.

My money is on Purslow staying on as CEO.

Purslow's job was to dig us out of the financial mess we were in. He did it and deserves nothing but lifelong gratitude for the way it all came together in the end.

He didn't get the job because of his football genius, we've turned to shite on his watch. You can blame his bosses for a lot of it but as a football administrator he has been appalling. Better to part ways now while he has the goodwill than hang around and damage his reputation.

Thank him for helping to sell the club, but Purslow should have kept out of team affairs.

He can be blamed for Hodgson, and the position we are in the league as a result.

I think when it boils down to it, is that Rafa wants to still be our manager and wishes he was still here even though he has a brilliant job at Inter. Think it was right time rafa went but i do kind of feel sorry for him a bit.

My money is on Purslow staying on as CEO.

He wanted to be our manager so desperatley that he negotiated with Juventus as a way of saying: "I'll go, ya know. Honestly I will."

Bluff called. Lllllllaters.

Purslow should go. He's involved himself way too personally in some bad stuff - orchestrating the whispering campaign against Rafa, he was instrumental in sacking him, caving in to player power, giving Hodgson the job.

Nah - he is not the right man for the job. At all.

He wanted to be our manager so desperatley that he negotiated with Juventus as a way of saying: "I'll go, ya know. Honestly I will."

Bluff called. Lllllllaters.

Very true just think there is an element of what could have been when Benitez talks (bitterly or not) about us.

I’m hopeful that Purslow will go now that he’s helped ensured a change of ownership, though I don’t think he will. His record in football matters is not very good. I’d not have a problem with him staying on in a purely business role whilst somebody else came in to take care of the appointment of managers, negotiations for players etc, but I can’t imagine that he’d be able to stop himself from getting involved.

Purslow v Benitez is an irrelevance now, the important thing is that we clean up the mess made by appointing Hodgson.

Rafa has every right to say whatever.

Problem is that those who wanted him gone so badly only have more of the same tired old insults to throw around 'cos it's far better than looking at the current manager's monumental incompetence.