You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Will Purslow keep his job under the new regime?

myrlas

Most of us have opinions on Purslow, and the job he has done during his time here.

Today he most certainly deserves a "well done" attitude along with Broughton and Ayre.

But when NESV now buys the club, do you think they will keep Purslow, or replace him?

For me the CEO is the most vital role at the club at this "fresh start". I don't think Purslow is the right man to take that role.

Rumours are than NESV have their own man lined up, and it's an experienced brit. Have no names, but that gives room for some speculation.

So, what do you think?

Will he stay? Will he leave - and who will replace him if he leaves?

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The new owners won't want a sweeping change as despite the problems with the debt and servicing the debt we had, Purslow and Ayre have made us a much more profitable club and we no longer have the corner shop mentality we had under Parry. It was the parasites fault we were in the position we were in, nothing to do with how Purslow and Ayre carried out their duties.

A manageable debt now (providing history doesn't repeat itself nder the new owners of course), higher profit rates than ever before, more money for players, it is a snowball effect that helps us in the long run hopefully.

Purslow deserves some of the credit for that. I think he will be kept on. Deservedly so.

Hopefully he will get paid his bonus, and then given a hearty "thank you, good luck in your future career" speech. We need a new beginning, he should himself understand that and ride into the sunset with the his loyal fans voices shouting "Come back, Shane"...

Purslow's initial task was to find £100m investment by easter just gone and he failed to do so.

We need a proven experienced football man in charge of day to day running of our club and not just a numbers man with 12 months experience of asset stripping.

Purslow and Broughton are being very well paid to get this club sold, so once its done i expect them to walk away from our club never to return.

Purslow's initial task was to find £100m investment by easter just gone and he failed to do so.

We need a proven experienced football man in charge of day to day running of our club and not just a numbers man with 12 months experience of asset stripping.

Purslow and Broughton are being very well paid to get this club sold, so once its done i expect them to walk away from our club never to return.

Didn't he find £100m from the Rhone group but it was refused at board level ? If so he succeeded. These people have fought, and continue to fight for our club. They maybe from a strictly business point of view, but I'd rather have a business man who fights than a 'fan' who does fuck all.

My personal view is that I'd be happy if he stayed.

"White liquid in a bottle? Gotta be milk" - Rafa Benitez today criticising Purslow for his downfall today.

We got 82 points and came second in the league, then Purslow came into the club and everything changed!

That's what he was saying in the Inter press conference.