You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Hodgsons substitutions.

Code

Hodgsons substitutions or rather lack of is something I have noticed and as depressing as it might be, its starting to annoy me more than I think is good for my health already this early in his Liverpool career so I thought I should look into it.

Its not like we have played even half decent in any of our games so far so hopefully the pattern that emerges below is no a consequense of Hodgson being happy wih our peformances so far this season or maybe worringly it is?

Anyway these are the cold hard facts.

Europa League:

Rabotnicki away: 72, 83, 83 mins.

Rabotnicki home: 62, 67, 73 mins.

Trabzonspor home: 45, 73 mins.

Trabzonspor away: 77, 86, 90 mins

Steua home: 78, 85, 88 mins.

Utecht away: 81 min.

League Cup:

Northampton home: 90, 99, 105 mins

Premier League:

Arsenal home: 66, 74, 78 mins.

Man City away: 78, 86 mins.

West Brom home: 59, 89 mins.

Birmingham away: 76, 77 mins.

Man Utd away: 62, 79, 82 mins.

Sunderland home: 28, 61 mins.

I could have breaked these stats down even more but I dont have time for that right now, maybe tomorrow.

Is it possible to read anything out of this, do we have a problem on our hands here?

Hodgsons substitutions or rather lack of is something I have noticed and as depressing as it might be, its starting to annoy me.....

Is it possible to read anything out of this, do we have a problem on our hands here?

What problem do we have?

We have a maximum of 3 subs to make. Nobody says they all have to be used.

When was the last time a sub changed a game for us anyway?

The lack of positive subs worries me. Tonight was a good example, The game was there to be won. Maybe bring on Babel or Ngog and take off either Lucas or Poulsen and really go for it but all we got was a very late like for like substitution. In the context of the group a draw away isn`t a bad result but the performance was lacking again and the Managers reluctance to risk a positive change is pretty deflating to say the least.

Guest Dog Chaser

Tonight it was clear that we were lacking ideas and it was left untill the 81st minute to change it. It is becoming as puzzling as our inept 1st half performances.

Just look at tonight - playing poorly and you've got Lucas and Poulsen playing alongside each other passing five yards sideways to Utrecht players all night, but he chooses to take off the most creative player on the park in Joe Cole and replace him with Maxi in the 81st minute. Had David Ngog on the bench, who is by no means the greatest of players by a long way, but he has scored 5 goals in the competition already. Surely it was worth a gamble?