You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Uplifting tunage

Simbo

Post your favourite uplifting music here. Doesnt matter what genre but I want some tunes that give you goosebumps and make your hairs stand on end.

Whether its an uplifting hook/melody or the words that does the business.

I'll kick off with Radiohead - Climbing Up The Walls.

Radiohead have got a bit of a reputation for producing depressing music. How any brilliant music can be described as depressing is beyond me.

Its the last minute or so of this tune that does it for me.

[YOUTUBE]EgDPkqiXrjc[/YOUTUBE]

Edited by Simbo

The Kooks - She Moves In Her Way.

[YOUTUBE]pquhYpGHrlw&ob=av2e[/YOUTUBE]

It isn't the best song in the world but it has the power to make a shitty, rainy day feel like the middle of Summer.

I long for the day when Scientists create a truly interactive monitor for computers... then I would be able to kick you in the face through mine.

His voice makes me want to murder babies.

I long for the day when Scientists create a truly interactive monitor for computers... then I would be able to kick you in the face through mine.

Hahahahhaha. Whilst he is my mate, I would like to help you do this...

[YOUTUBE]WlAHZURxRjY[/YOUTUBE]

Another happy song.

Say they did create a screen such as this and you went to kick me in the face, would your foot get stuck if I turned the screen off until I decided to turn it back on?

You wouldn't see it coming.

I'm like a fucking Ninja.

I can imagine the screen going like the Stargate in the popular Sci Fi series and then a foot coming out quickly to give me a broken nose.

I was only asking as if this was the case, I would imagine the amount of cases would increase where people with foot fetishes get people to attempt to kick them through the screen and then they switch off the monitor, and then a "foot rape" would commence.

Great thread.

Fishbone. Fucking love them; definitely one of the greatest pick me up and party bands ever.

Initially I was looking for "Me and My Friends Go A Mighty Long Way", cos it is just a brilliant, brilliant uplifting, happy song, but I've always loved Sunless Saturday.

[YOUTUBE]GMz8NkpwI38&feature=fvw[/YOUTUBE]

Uplifting was the key adjective.

I think if "Express Yourself" by Madonna was by compulsion played at 8am on every radio station then Britain would be a happier place.

I think I'm half serious.

And yes, I do like music. Proper music.

But you just can't keep a good pop song down.

From 20 secs on:

[YOUTUBE]GsVcUzP_O_8[/YOUTUBE]

• 6 years later...