You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Petrov and Warnock- 14m raid

Ynwa20

Would add to squad depth- in terms of genuine improvement I'm not so sure. Guess that'd depend on Roy's coaching. Warnock will bolster full back slots, I'd play him ahead of Aurelio myself. I'd be happy with 7m ish for Warnock. Don't think I'd pay above 4m for Petrov though.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ouch! Maybe you could show me how to best do it, you window-licking, argument-starting Mongol?

That is a horrendous come back. Put some effort in atleast.

This is me on holiday last year - if im giving out tips, i suggest a down to upwards motion when licking. Hope this helps.

licking-windows.jpg

Why has the OP been rinsed for this thread?

Would have had Petrov before Poulsen for the same cash and would take Warnock back in a flash. Can't believe we ever sold him. Would be the best full back on our books if he came home. I miss him. The smile on his face, the curl in his hair. God I miss him.

Why has the OP been rinsed for this thread?

Would have had Petrov before Poulsen for the same cash and would take Warnock back in a flash. Can't believe we ever sold him. Would be the best full back on our books if he came home. I miss him. The smile on his face, the curl in his hair. God I miss him.

Nonsense. Even taking fitness into account, he's not half the player of Aurelio. Poor positional sense, lacks composure and offers little going forward. He's a good lad but a classic example of someone's birth place giving people a rose tinted view of footballing ability.

Nonsense. Even taking fitness into account, he's not half the player of Aurelio. Poor positional sense, lacks composure and offers little going forward. He's a good lad but a classic example of someone's birth place giving people a rose tinted view of footballing ability.

Spot on!!

Spot on!!

Warnock's not good enough. He wasn't when we sold him and he isn't now.

He is, however, better than Konchesky who is one of the worst players i've ever seen.

Warnock's form over the time since he left has overshadowed anything that Aurelio has ever done for us, apart from his excellent end to the 08/09 season. Aurelio is ok at best and is extremely overrated by most. Add his injury record and you've got a bit of a waste of space really. Riise for me was the best we've had and I don't get why we sold him. He was guilty of the odd positional error, but compared to Johnson's positional and defending sense, he was Paolo fucking Maldini, so you can ram your rose tinted view up your shitter.

At the time, I'd have to call you reading ability into question as you have clearly disobeyed the order. Ignorance, juvenile sense of humour or anarchist? Perhaps a window-licking Mongol is best for you.

That aside, Warnock's solid enough and has done really well at Villa. Dodgy injury record doesn't inspire confidence though. Not sure about Aurelio- shows good technical ability but what else? And when? Many injuries leave his place always in doubt. Under MasterCoachRoy, trust his Warnock signing. Reckon most fans'd love to see him back too.

Great point earlier poster about Riise. Why the devil did we get rid of him? Best lb I've seen at the club in last ten years.

At the time, I'd have to call you reading ability into question as you have clearly disobeyed the order. Ignorance, juvenile sense of humour or anarchist? Perhaps a window-licking Mongol is best for you.

Awwwww. Shucks. Another post for me? I feel special.

You clearly have no sense of irony. Ofcourse its not a picture i took - i just thought we were having a playful scrap and wanted to take it up a notch with something visual. Didn't realise it would be lost on you. Sorry.

Unfortunately i cant be arsed to get into petty, childish, pathetic name-calling. I leave that to 'real men' like you.

Now where's that window, i bet it taste's lovely....

Of course you didn't take it! You're in it you mug! And as for special, a great word with which to describe yourself. Next time, if you want a playful scrap, show it. What you've done here is come onto the thread I've posted and attack! I'll leave it here. You're right, it is getting childish.

Warnock's form over the time since he left has overshadowed anything that Aurelio has ever done for us, apart from his excellent end to the 08/09 season. Aurelio is ok at best and is extremely overrated by most. Add his injury record and you've got a bit of a waste of space really. Riise for me was the best we've had and I don't get why we sold him. He was guilty of the odd positional error, but compared to Johnson's positional and defending sense, he was Paolo fucking Maldini, so you can ram your rose tinted view up your shitter.

I didn't mention Aurelio and rose tinted specs about what?

My sole point is that Warnock's very limited but better than Konchesky.

Weird

Great point earlier poster about Riise. Why the devil did we get rid of him? Best lb I've seen at the club in last ten years.

He did do well at some stages of his LFC career but towards the end???? -

rubbish rubbish rubbish!!

Defensively caught out numerous times positionally, hopeless at tackling giving away free kicks in dangerous areas.

Passing useless - often trying Hollywood balls which never came on so we gave the ball away.

Shooting - latterly a joke - would often shoot from nearer the half way line than the goal and most times the keeper would not even have to make a save as it went over or wide (often by a long way!!) Also wasted many free kicks with wayward shooting - no brain sort of stuff - belt it as hard as you can you know - hitting the wall most times.

No by the end JAR was not good for us and getting rid of him was right

I didn't mention Aurelio and rose tinted specs about what?

My sole point is that Warnock's very limited but better than Konchesky.

Weird

I quoted yours and a couple of other posts mate, so not so Area 51 after all eh? You're so self obsessed these days. It's all about you, you, you. You've changed.

Yeah, remember watching Riise sometimes was like watching Roberto Carlos with shooting. 3% hit the target sort of thing. And on a side note, JAR went bankrupt. On 50k a week. How the hell does that happen?! Speaks poorly of both his upbringing and his intelligence.