You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Kenny Huang linked to Liverpool takeover

Wor Horse

Golden Word wasn't trying to lord it over us. He was excited that he "knew" some info.

Let's not London Fireman him. He asked for it, this feller didn't.

Goodbye, Golden Word, I'll never remember you...

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

K whatever. I'm out then. Wish you guys the best of luck with whoever takes over your club.

Don't be like that! Nobody on here really hates George, we know he was genuine in trying to buy the club but Hicks duped him. What we need to know is what you can do to undo the crap you created, George

That statement looked pretty positive to me.

Of course I may be fucking mental but it did.

The way I see it, there will only be one bid.

Proposals will be drafted, checked, submitted, frowned or hmmmm'ed over, adjusted, re-submitted.

One will be preferred.

The preferred proposer will be invited to submit a formal bid.

It will be accepted.

I really don't see 4-5 actual bids ever being put on the table.

Business people don't like to make formal offers if there's a chance they'll be knocked back.

Thats my take on it but I may have dreamed it all.

And I havent taken my Ritalin today.

That statement looked pretty positive to me.

Of course I may be fucking mental but it did.

The way I see it, there will only be one bid.

Proposals will be drafted, checked, submitted, frowned or hmmmm'ed over, adjusted, re-submitted.

One will be preferred.

The preferred proposer will be invited to submit a formal bid.

It will be accepted.

I really don't see 4-5 actual bids ever being put on the table.

Business people don't like to make formal offers if there's a chance they'll be knocked back.

Thats my take on it but I may have dreamed it all.

And I havent taken my Ritalin today.

There was certainly nothing discouraging about it. Of course it would have been great to get the 'big' announcement, but frankly I was glad to have had the board meetings confirmed, given the media speculation that they weren't going ahead. As far as we all now know the changeover process is on track. I remain optimistic.

a educated and speculated guess on what really happend today

barcap/broughton and the board met today to decided wich bid to go with they had 2 bids on the table one from huang and the other from mukesh ambani or the kuwaitis. the board voted for huang and prepared a statement for 8pm. in the last minute they recieve a bid from the dodgy Kirdi fella.. hence why everything gets delayed and the decision to go back to study the offers again. thats why we recieved a blank holding statement at a delayed time of 9.22 pm

In all the to-ings and fro-ings I've lost track of where some information came from. Who was the originator of the late, third bid theory?

Can't remember but I will say this ; If anyone was ever in any doubt that the Kirdi bid was a delaying tactic on behalf of the two shits, it must be obvious now.

(they don't call me captain obvious for nowt)

(actually, they don't call me it at all)

So what then? Each time we get close they bring in someone else? Right upto october? I thought one of them was due for a rocket, doesn't seem like it's happened if they're stalling the sale process like that. I give up on this now, not getting my hopes up anymore after what happened earlier.

So what then? Each time we get close they bring in someone else? Right upto october? I thought one of them was due for a rocket, doesn't seem like it's happened if they're stalling the sale process like that. I give up on this now, not getting my hopes up anymore after what happened earlier.

But only if the 3rd bid exists, which we aren't sure of.

Before that snippet, it was going ok.

I think.

But only if the 3rd bid exists, which we aren't sure of.

Before that snippet, it was going ok.

I think.

Yeah, well Broughton and Barcap can't be that stupid, they'll have to do something about this happening again if it did take place earlier. Still think that stuff about Gillett and missing money will break soon anyway and that might help finish it all off.