You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Babels Twitter story the other day....

Moorsey

I know, its the principle of the thing, the fella wasted pure hours of his day.

No one would just bung him a twenty.

Anything to have a go at the lad.

That's £14 in our money. 14 quid

he's a cunt, end of.

And 8 dollars for a cab ride? people have been charged a lot more than that as tourists and not felt as aggrieved and he's a multi millionaire.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so if some mong of a taxi driver did that to you you'd just pay?

so what if he is loaded, perhaps he didnt have much on him but even if he did doesn't mean he should be pissed around, if this was one of the other lads no-one would be making these comments

so if some mong of a taxi driver did that to you you'd just pay?

so what if he is loaded, perhaps he didnt have much on him but even if he did doesn't mean he should be pissed around, if this was one of the other lads no-one would be making these comments

He's doomed, absolutely fucking bonkers, its like watching fat people eating double Decker's whilst walking to the gym, pointless.

I dont know if I'd pay (it's difficult to know how to really feel unless you're in that situation) but if I was a multi millionaire like Babel I probably would be slightly less arsed and just pay the bloke

when my principles cause me to lose 7 hours in my day to argue about a $20 cab ride (and im a skint bastard) theres something wrong. Im sure he had better things he could have been doing? like... sleeping?

That whole thing reads like an episode of Curb.

Babel: So what do you I owe ya?

Taxi: Eh, just give me a twenty.

Babel: A twenty? Twenty bucks? You gotta be kidding me.

Taxi: Kidding you? The meter says sixty-eight buddy, I'm letting you off.

Babel: It says sixty-eight because you picked up those women and took em to the airport for free.

Taxi Driver: No, no -

Babel: I bet if that was me you wouldn't have picked me up and driven me to the airport for free.

Taxi Driver: If you're inferring that just because they were two attractive women-

Babel: That's exactly what I'm inferring.

Taxi Driver: I don't believe this - just give me the twenty and get out.

Babel: I'll tell you what, I'm going to give you *counts out change* eight dollars, and I'm going to leave.

Taxi Driver: Fuck you.

Babel: Yeah? Fuck youuu.

Taxi Driver: Fuck you

Babel: Fuck hyouuuuuuuuuuu.

Guest TesticleOReilly

Being loaded has nothing to do with it. A rip off is a rip off.

Wanna know how millionaires stay millionaires? By not paying $68 for an $8 cab ride.

i still think there's a player in there.

He was unplayable for Holland in the European Championships (U21's i think).

Play him up top.

He was good in the final but that's about it, he was completely ordinary for most of that tournament and outshone and outscored by Maceo Rigters, who had a failed trial at Southend last year after failing to get anywhere near the Blackburn first team.

I'll never remember reading through a Dutch Ajax forum on the day we signed Babel. The reaction of their fans was similar to what you'd expect on here if we got a £10m offer for Degen; just this bizarre mix of bemusement and sheer fucking euphoria. It was such a kick in the teeth to see their fans pissing themselves at the idea of us wanting to pay so much for him (or wanting him at all for that matter), after being assured by half of RAWK (most of whom had clearly never seen him kick a ball) that he was the best young player in world football (the quote "he's like Zidane but with pace" still stands out, as well as the numerous Henry and Ronaldo comparisons).

If a club offered us anything close to what we paid for him I'd bite their hand off.

Can't find this anywhere else, so apologies if been done but anyway:

Ryan Babel (RyanBabel) on Twitter

So I'm waiting on Washington for a taxi right .. And one stops ..

It was like a big taxi van ..

It had like 3 rows where u could sit .. So I'm jumping in all the way in the back ..

I gave him the address where I needed to be it suppose to be a drive for like 10 min max ...

I was kinda tired so I closed my eyes hoping dat the driver would give me a shout when we were there ..

So I'm sleeping rite .. And the next thing u know .. After 5 min drive he stops for 2 pretty lady's who were waiting for a taxi too

He asked where they needed to go ... " To the airport "

Pretty lady's : " we r in a hurry so we need to go to the airport asap, can u take us "

So the driver said ofcourse I can take u guys jump in ..

I was still sleeping .. While this happened

Next thing I know .. I woke up .. Looked outside and saw dat we were driving 70 miles n hour on the motor way ..

I screamed to the driver .. : Hey what the hell .. Where we going .. ????? At the same time the girls were looking both to the bak and .

And where shocked cause they didn't knew there was a guy sleeping in the back ..

Pretty girls : Who the hell r u?????? What's going on here .. Driver hellooo who is dis guy???

The driver was so embarrassed .. He totally forgot he had a passenger in the back sleepin .. He totally for got me ..

He apologized constantly .. And said sorry sorry .. I bring them quik to the airport then I will bring u back ..

So I looked at the girls like what's goin on here .. The girls looked at me like what the hell is disss ...

When we dropped the girls .. We drove back to where I needed to be ..

When we were at the destination .. The counter was on $68,50

I looked at the driver I said how much do I need to pay now???? Cause I aint gonna pay dat ..

By the way the driver I think was a trainstan kinda guy ( I think )

He said uhmm .. Give me 20 .. I said: WHAT ... R u nuts .. This drive suppose to be 6, 7 doller max .. 20 dollers????? Hell nooo

He was like yes yes ..I want 20 dollars.. He was like arguing with me ..

So after 5 min arguing.. Left 8 dollar on the seats and walked out ..

Next thing u know .. He stepped out his car and starts screaming : GIVE ME MY MONEY !!!!! GIVE ME MY MONEY !!!

Everybody was looking at me like .. Dude r u serious u didn't payed him ????

I try to walk away quickly.. Next thing .. Police on a motor cycle .. Stopped me .. What a coincidence ..

Police: Where do u think u going with out paying the tax driver ????

I looked at the police dude .. And was thinking : What's is going to happen now .. #jail??? nahh nahh .. Can't be ..

Me the police and the driver where arguing on about what happend ..

Ok dat didn't worked .. I had to go the police station .. 10 min away after he heard I was from Holland ..

I brought my passport with me .. And they were askin me questions like .. Why u here for what am I doin bak home etc etc

Next thing u know .. Police said .. : why looks ur name so familiar???? And he starts lookin at me ..

Yes officer .. I play football ... Officer: American football???? Noo sorry my bad.. I play soccer ..

where do u play??? I play for Liverpool fc sir ..

His face starts changing and he starts .. Noooo wayyyyy??? LIVERPOOL???? IM a MASSIVE LFC FAN ...

Next thing .. He is talking so longgg about last season .. About the bad year ..and everything ...

Same story .. Every time ..

Then at the end he was like : ur free to go man, good luck for next season ..

I was like ok thanks .. Wat about the taxi driver????

Officer: ahh don't worry about dat .. We take care of dat ..

I'm finally on my destination .. At 830pm..

I took the taxi at 1.20pm -_-

All day wasted .. While the the journey should have bin 10 min max !!!!! Can u believe dat?????

33vfeix.jpg

is that twitter shit from today? isnt he supposed to be in trianing?

Anyway this fucking cripples me :

"so yday riteafter i got hit about da price of dis swimming short, i went to foot locker""!!!!! fucking hell

Translation: Yesterday was an interesting day, I went to the local shopping centre only to find myself bemused at the price and the singularity of the swimming shorts that they were apparently selling. I therefore decided that it would make more sense to buy a pair of trainers from Foot Locker even though I was obviously interested in swimming shorts!

Fucking hell hes a twat isnt he

Guest simon

i have asked him this @RyanBabel I have a question mate and im very serious If you were offered a Rap contract in the next few days would you give up Footy. Also is your heart at LFC.

I cant believe people think just because someone is rich they should just cough up the money.

True, extortion is bad. But it takes a true idiot to fall asleep during a 10-minute cab ride in a foreign city. I'd have called it even -- an extra 10 bucks is a small trade-off for being an idiot.