You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Cameron: "Cuts will change our way of life"

Section_31

I think Corbyn's lack of strategy is hurting him. He needs a better back room team in terms of how to present himself, his policy, and in terms of speech writing. However, the sheer viciousness of the media machine in this country, and just how far they are prepared to go, really is something to behold.

Corbyn's ideas are far more attractive than some in the media are prepared to admit. His problem is that good management, and effective politics, is about converting ideas into action, and that is where he is extraordinarily weak.

He has never held an executive position. The best he has managed is chairing a committee. So not only does he lack experience, he also lacks enforcers to make things happen.

Corbyn's reluctance to bomb Syria without a coherent overall plan makes sense. However he does not know how to deal with those who simply exploit the first part of that sentence. Attacking the Tories craven kow towing to Bejing is fair game- invoking the thoughts of a mass murderer who put Stalin and Hitler to shame to do so is unwise. Cautioning against the risks of a "shoot first" policy is again sensible, innocents invariably die. Querying a "shoot to kill" policy hardly plays well amongst those of us who would rather that it was the suicidal jihadi who was wasted rather than ourselves.

Labour is going through a terrible time, you can see so many MP's enjoying Corbyn staggering from one PR gaffe to another. But bendy Burnham, Yvette "Balls" Cooper and Liz Who would have been no better, in a different sort of disastrous way.

• Upvote 1

Corbyn's ideas are far more attractive than some in the media are prepared to admit. His problem is that good management, and effective politics, is about converting ideas into action, and that is where he is extraordinarily weak.

He has never held an executive position. The best he has managed is chairing a committee. So not only does he lack experience, he also lacks enforcers to make things happen.

Corbyn's reluctance to bomb Syria without a coherent overall plan makes sense. However he does not know how to deal with those who simply exploit the first part of that sentence. Attacking the Tories craven kow towing to Bejing is fair game- invoking the thoughts of a mass murderer who put Stalin and Hitler to shame to do so is unwise. Cautioning against the risks of a "shoot first" policy is again sensible, innocents invariably die. Querying a "shoot to kill" policy hardly plays well amongst those of us who would rather that it was the suicidal jihadi who was wasted rather than ourselves.

Labour is going through a terrible time, you can see so many MP's enjoying Corbyn staggering from one PR gaffe to another. But bendy Burnham, Yvette "Balls" Cooper and Liz Who would have been no better, in a different sort of disastrous way.

Pretty much no politicians have until they gain power, what had the like of Cameron or Gideon done other than be snivelling shit bag politicians?

The majority have never had a job outside of politics and as such the majority of them do not have a clue about anything outside of the weird political bubble they live in.

Cameron says he agrees about Isis. Britain has the ability to bring countries together, he says. And it has “a large wallet” to help reconstruction.

Do we? That'll come as news to the NHS, local councils, and public services in general.  Do these cunts even listen to what they are saying?

• Upvote 5

He's making a complete cunt of himself here but, sadly, most of the people in the house don't seem to realise and, obviously, nobody in the media is going to pick him up on it.

There is zero consistency to anything he is saying.

That's mainly down to the fact he's just a fucking idiot that got lucky.

The likes of Osborne and IDS are actually evil cunts.

The results may be the same but the intentions are different.

Guest Pistonbroke

That's mainly down to the fact he's just a fucking idiot that got lucky.

The likes of Osborne and IDS are actually evil cunts.

The results may be the same but the intentions are different.

Osbourne is also a thick cunt, he gambles on things happening which could easily go the other way.

How anybody can vote for the Tories is beyond me, self serving cunts.

Osbourne is also a thick cunt, he gambles on things happening which could easily go the other way.

How anybody can vote for the Tories is beyond me, self serving cunts.

Fair point, I'd expect him to remember he took his daughter to the fucking pub with him though.

Cameron is just a fat fucking tumour born into wealth, I'd not be surprised if he's signing documents with a wax crayon.

Guest Pistonbroke

Fair point, I'd expect him to remember he took his daughter to the fucking pub with him though.

Cameron is just a fat fucking tumour born into wealth, I'd not be surprised if he's signing documents with a wax crayon.

No doubt that Cameron is everything you say about him, just happens to be the son of a wealthy man who should have been imprisoned for corruption. To think Cameron is such a moron despite having a top education says it all. 

Are you high?

She backed the fucker to the hilt. She invited the murdering cunt round for tea and PR well after the event.

No, not high, I assumed you were referring to Milton Friedman. It didn't occur to me for a second that you were talking about Thatcher.

No, not high, I assumed you were referring to Milton Friedman. It didn't occur to me for a second that you were talking about Thatcher.

Well given that Friedman's Chicago school starlets were happily running the Chilean economy as people were going missing you'd probably even be on pretty shaky ground on that score too.

I'm still astounded that there are idiots out there who receive and need welfare and voted for the twats. I saw fella on a news item the other day saying how he had voted Tory and was now whinging about how cuts to welfare were going to affect him. They went in to the election saying they were going to cut £12bn from welfare, how could you not think you were going to be affected?

The same goes for people who either work in or rely on the public sector. If your job is at risk due to public sector cuts and you voted Tory, you more or less endorsed it. The same goes for someone who's child has learning difficulties and relies on special schools, respite care, care workers etc, what are these people doing voting Tory?

It's like they can't see beyond "the deficit" and are enticed by potential tax cuts and just do not think through how these bribes will be funded.

Why do people not see them for what they are, a party of millionaires running the country in the interests of the rich and big business?

• Upvote 3

Guest Pistonbroke

I'm still astounded that there are idiots out there who receive and need welfare and voted for the twats. I saw fella on a news item the other day saying how he had voted Tory and was now whinging about how cuts to welfare were going to affect him. They went in to the election saying they were going to cut £12bn from welfare, how could you not think you were going to be affected?

The same goes for people who either work in or rely on the public sector. If your job is at risk due to public sector cuts and you voted Tory, you more or less endorsed it. The same goes for someone who's child has learning difficulties and relies on special schools, respite care, care workers etc, what are these people doing voting Tory?

It's like they can't see beyond "the deficit" and are enticed by potential tax cuts and just do not think through how these bribes will be funded.

Why do people not see them for what they are, a party of millionaires running the country in the interests of the rich and big business?

You basically summed up the UK mate, far too many retarded fuckwits. 

Education, education, education: it’s the only way to solve this sort of asininity, so it’s no surprise that the conservatives have tried to fragment the education sector so that there is less uniformity and ease of access. Instead they are gearing it toward more of a commodity rather than a right. Which in the long run leads to a less well informed population.

• Upvote 1

Education, education, education: it’s the only way to solve this sort of asininity, so it’s no surprise that the conservatives have tried to fragment the education sector so that there is less uniformity and ease of access. Instead they are gearing it toward more of a commodity rather than a right. Which in the long run leads to a less well informed population.

There's a reason you get taught about who was on the throne in 1066 and not about the tools you need to be a responsible participant in a democracy.

Most people don't even understand the statistics they read, let alone get taught to question them.

• Upvote 1

Attended the Labour Merseyside Momentum conference today.

First time I've ever attended anything of this sort. Was very interesting and I met some interesting people.

We did a quick show of hands in the conference of who is for / against bombing Syria. Unanimous against. Obviously not quite a cross section of society, but a positive sign.

• Upvote 2

The Mirror, Independent, Mail, and ITV have all run polls on bombing Syria. All had a majority against.

The Mail. Even the fucking readership of the Mail are against it.

Funny, some guy (expert or Labour MP, not sure), saying Labour leadership totally out of sync with the British public. 

Setting the agenda not reporting it. Independent BBC

Funny, some guy (expert or Labour MP, not sure), saying Labour leadership totally out of sync with the British public.

Setting the agenda not reporting it. Independent BBC

Is it McTernan or Danzcuk? They're the two appalling cunts the BBC keeps wheeling out.

I'd be delighted if both of them burst into flames.