You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

4TH JULY PROTEST!! THIS IS OUR MOMENT!

Kopkid09

Hi guys

i posted a few days ago about an idea someone had over on RAWK, i personally thought it would be a brilliant idea. The problem we seemed to have was SOS were not too confident on numbers for it to happen.

Ladies and Gentlemen this is our moment, while those two are celebrating Independance Day on 4th July we will be fighting for our Independance against them! Lets push it out and turn out in numbers, its a free day off the World Cup as well. Please reply either YES you will attend if it happens or NO you cant make it.

Details are as followed (copied and pasted from RAWK ) If you are members of other sites please forward this on! LETS STAND TOGETHER TO SAVE OUR CLUB!

Date: Sunday 4th July 2010

Time: TBA

Plans: A mass march from Liverpool city centre to Stanley Park (via Anfield).

The plan is to meet outside St George's Hall and make our way passed Anfield and onto Stanley Park. We want everybody to help distribute anti-Gillett and Hicks leaflets/posters/stickers whilst on the march, to hand out to all non-participants we will pass. We will need one volunteer to operate a megaphone, leading the chants/songs at the front of the march (after all, there's nothing worse than not singing in unison). We want everybody to bring their anti-Gillett & Hicks flags/banners. If you don't have one, make one. It doesn't need to be a work of art. A simple sheet with a clear message painted on will do the trick. Once we arrive at Stanley Park, a mass amount of black balloons will be released into the sky.

Pre-march plans: On Thursday 1st July at 6pm BST, everybody who plans to participate in the march will send a pre-planned e-mail to a selection of media contacts (similar to the Rafa support e-mails a few weeks ago) to let them know are plans and give them chance to

This is a free date in the World Cup.

This isn't a debate on whether you think Rafa should be manager or not, this is simply a protest to let Gillett and Hicks know, we won't give up until they are gone. If they stick around much longer, we won't be discussing whether Rafa should be the manager or not as we won't have a football team in existant for anybody to manage.

I've been in contact with SOS about plans but they had doubts about the date/time due to the start of the holiday season but I had a lot of messages of support when I originally suggested the idea and I think we can make this work. If the march is to be effective though, we will need big numbers to attend and to make ourselves seen and heard by the UK media.

Who's in?

----------------------------

Resources

SOS leaflets and posters - Leaflets and Posters – Spirit Of Shankly – Liverpool Supporters' Union

Flag making explained - Flag Making Explained.

Black balloons - wholesale balloons - Google Search and/or black balloons items - Get great deals on Home Garden, Clothes, Shoes Accessories items on eBay UK!

bump

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems to be gathering pace over on the other site!. Some brilliant ideas being put together. Sorry to keep copying and pasting but for some reason i can not get signed up on RAWK. Here is what one fella suggested :

If it was more than a march and more like a day out you could loads of involved, as soon as people in this city see something going on they attend in numbers! a lot of people who aren't season ticket holders or regular match goers tend to feel excluded from marches like this but they are the people who will swell the numbers to make the day pressworthy, its all about the numbers game...could see a proper sunny day, bbq goings, families and kids involved, well known reds involved etc, music, flags flying, a day out with a serious message if you like culminating in a march when the drink has kicked in and a spirits are high...boss!

basically an independece day mirroring the americans independence day How to Celebrate Independence Day | eHow.com

Been reading too many websites!

Visit one of the places where the urge for freedom simmered up and finally boiled over into the revolution

2.Read the Declaration of Independence

3.Watch the parade, cheer at the speeches on the green, sing at the top of your lungs when the band strikes up ooh and aah at the fireworks

4.Throw an old-time neighborhood barbecue. Grill hot dogs, toast marshmallows, wave flags, twirl sparklers and sing patriotic songs

what about contacting famous reds to see if they give up their time for a worthy cause? and give us a tune or two...

So come on you miserable bunch, the ball is rolling.

The best protest would be not to turn up on the first game of the season if they are still in charge. And then the second game. And third. And so. That will hit them hard, put pressure on them and have the most media coverage.

This of course will never happen.

A summers day march will have no impact whatsoever. Sorry.

I think it's a really good idea.

As someone has already said we know G&H don't care, but this is about trying to get some publicity, educating people and us making some kind of stand for our club.

A thought/ suggestion, would it be feasible for 10-20 protesters to stand outside the city centre club stores and urge shoppers, in the most polite way possible, not to go in on that day? Again if it's feasible, get some leaflets printed for them or a few "official" looking SOS (if they get behind it) t-shirts done up for them to wear?

The best protest would be not to turn up on the first game of the season if they are still in charge. And then the second game. And third. And so. That will hit them hard, put pressure on them and have the most media coverage.

This of course will never happen.

A summers day march will have no impact whatsoever. Sorry.

So we do nothing?

Whatever the merits of this march or otherwise, one thing we can be certain of is doing nothing will achieve nothing.

Seems to be gathering pace over on the other site!. Some brilliant ideas being put together. Sorry to keep copying and pasting but for some reason i can not get signed up on RAWK. Here is what one fella suggested :

If it was more than a march and more like a day out you could loads of involved, as soon as people in this city see something going on they attend in numbers! a lot of people who aren't season ticket holders or regular match goers tend to feel excluded from marches like this but they are the people who will swell the numbers to make the day pressworthy, its all about the numbers game...could see a proper sunny day, bbq goings, families and kids involved, well known reds involved etc, music, flags flying, a day out with a serious message if you like culminating in a march when the drink has kicked in and a spirits are high...boss!

basically an independece day mirroring the americans independence day How to Celebrate Independence Day | eHow.com

Been reading too many websites!

Visit one of the places where the urge for freedom simmered up and finally boiled over into the revolution

2.Read the Declaration of Independence

3.Watch the parade, cheer at the speeches on the green, sing at the top of your lungs when the band strikes up ooh and aah at the fireworks

4.Throw an old-time neighborhood barbecue. Grill hot dogs, toast marshmallows, wave flags, twirl sparklers and sing patriotic songs

what about contacting famous reds to see if they give up their time for a worthy cause? and give us a tune or two...

So come on you miserable bunch, the ball is rolling.

I very much like the idea of this culminating in a declaration of independance.

So we do nothing?

Whatever the merits of this march or otherwise, one thing we can be certain of is doing nothing will achieve nothing.

I never suggested we 'do nothing'

I am taking your argument of doing nothing as sitting back and carrying on as normal (paying for official merch, match tickets, season tickets etc and going on the official website etc)

I would argue that refusing to go to games, purchasing merch, go on the official website is not 'doing nothing' Its taking a stance by telling the club I\you\we are not prepared to be treated like mugs. More importantly its hitting them where it matters - on the weekly financial sheet. Obviously only a handful of fans taking this stance is not going to make the slightest bit of difference as someone else will happily take my seat and my place in the club shop queue on a match day.

Rather than a summer days march, why not organise those same group of people to protest against giving the club money? Organise groups of people to attend Anfield on first days of sales and persuade the ticket buyers not to purchase. On match days distribute leaflets about the owners and the harm they are doing with the aim of persuading fans not to enter through the turnstyles, attend the next game, purchase any more tickets until the owners have sold up.

Someone mentioned earlier the idea of boycotting season tickets, keeping a database of those people and giving this information to the new owners. That is by far and away the best (feasible and practical) idea I have heard in a long time.

I would be more than happy to get involved in any of the above as I think it would make a difference.

I dont think a summers day march will make one bit of difference in pressing the owners to sell. It probably wont even make an impact on their radar. I appreciate you are trying to do something, I just think it's pretty pointless.

The owners will be more pressed to sell should numbers significantly dwell on match days. It will be hitting them in the only place that matters, the finance sheet.

Fans of football clubs (not just ours) are very reluctant to give up match days, no matter how they are treated or how they feel towards aspects of 'their club' (this is not directed towards anyone on here, just an observation). They dont want to be seen or be accused of no longer being a 'true' fan.

re: SOS - have they had a 'face to face' meeting with RBS yet to get them to confirm what the options for Gillette and Hicks will be come September (end of the 6 month extension period) and no sale?

surely RBS will have to pull the plug?

if they do what will be the full implications for LFC etc?

putting pressure on RBS is the way forward at this point - in my opinion

Why?

cos the extension was only agreed for 6 months to find a buyer - presumably RBS thought that the 2 cunts would drop their asking price to get the deal done and Brioughton was brought in cos of his dealings with the Middle East and could smooth over any deal that way - rather than them having to deal with Gillette & Hicks

if September deadline approaches and still no sale on the horizon and Hicks still wanting £800m then imo they should hang the owners out to dry

i understand that they didn't want to pull the plug previously cos they didn't want to be responsible for putting the most decorated English club into administration - and also the fans backlash that would associated with that

but if SOS communicate that the majority of teh fan base would rather go into administration than have these 2 cunts as owners maybe that - coupled with the fact that they are losing patience with Gillette and Hicks - will change their minds?

Guest TesticleOReilly
cos the extension was only agreed for 6 months to find a buyer - presumably RBS thought that the 2 cunts would drop their asking price to get the deal done and Brioughton was brought in cos of his dealings with the Middle East and could smooth over any deal that way - rather than them having to deal with Gillette & Hicks

if September deadline approaches and still no sale on the horizon and Hicks still wanting £800m then imo they should hang the owners out to dry

i understand that they didn't want to pull the plug previously cos they didn't want to be responsible for putting the most decorated English club into administration - and also the fans backlash that would associated with that

but if SOS communicate that the majority of teh fan base would rather go into administration than have these 2 cunts as owners maybe that - coupled with the fact that they are losing patience with Gillette and Hicks - will change their minds?

Sorry, mate, but that's absolute rubbish, and you, like many others, think that because you feel the way you do about LFC that everyone should.

RBS are a bank, they exist to make money. H&G paying the loans back doesn't make them money. New owners or investors coming in doesn't make them money. £40M a year does make them money. In an ideal world, RBS would love nothing better than for Liverpool to never pay back the debt, and to continue handing over a million quid a week in interest. Simple as.

Which is why the extension was granted, and why there'll be another extension September.

Guest TesticleOReilly
Email the cunt you can tell its getting to him die you fat texan cunt ,i hope you rot in the bowles of hell

Well done.

Err no. No he's not. He just owned the Montreal Canadiens at one point. We've got enough trash like Avril Lavigne, Hedley and Celine Dion being associated with us. Don't push it.

And Justin Bieber. :whistle:

I never suggested we 'do nothing'

I dont think a summers day march will make one bit of difference in pressing the owners to sell. It probably wont even make an impact on their radar. I appreciate you are trying to do something, I just think it's pretty pointless.

The owners will be more pressed to sell should numbers significantly dwell on match days. It will be hitting them in the only place that matters, the finance sheet.

Fans of football clubs (not just ours) are very reluctant to give up match days, no matter how they are treated or how they feel towards aspects of 'their club' (this is not directed towards anyone on here, just an observation). They dont want to be seen or be accused of no longer being a 'true' fan.

Can't really argue well enough against most of your points - but for me the march would be to show reds that there are enough numbers to make a match day protest work - to feel good about ourselves - to give us the courage to take it to the next step - of itself very hard to argue that it would impact the owners but its more about what it can do for us

its like the european atmosphere at anfield - ok it can cause some opposition to bottle it but by far the most important thing is what it does to our players - makes them feel 10 foot tall and invincible - this march could give enough people hope that we can make a difference - it could be the tipping point - when your average Joe turns round and says you know what fuck 'em we can do this, a show of red strength that Shanks would smile at

Can't really argue well enough against most of your points - but for me the march would be to show reds that there are enough numbers to make a match day protest work - to feel good about ourselves - to give us the courage to take it to the next step - of itself very hard to argue that it would impact the owners but its more about what it can do for us

its like the european atmosphere at anfield - ok it can cause some opposition to bottle it but by far the most important thing is what it does to our players - makes them feel 10 foot tall and invincible - this march could give enough people hope that we can make a difference - it could be the tipping point - when your average Joe turns round and says you know what fuck 'em we can do this, a show of red strength that Shanks would smile at[/quote

I agree with Vulmea, it really could be the tipping point, belief that we could take it further.

Lets just hope SOS will realize there are significant numbers willing to partake in getting our Independance from these leeches.

Fingers crossed for a ground breaking day for the club we all love and care for.