You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

How many people can actually get to Madrid?

Bert

Had flights booked with Ryanair but they've been cancelled. Typically of the club's "Couldn't give a shit about the fans" attitude, because the game is on I can't get a refund.

Got me wondering how many can actually get across and whether any pressure can be put on the club for refunds??

Had flights booked with Ryanair but they've been cancelled. Typically of the club's "Couldn't give a shit about the fans" attitude, because the game is on I can't get a refund.

Got me wondering how many can actually get across and whether any pressure can be put on the club for refunds??

It is a shit sandwich but it is hardly the clubs fault. Surely something can be done with regards to people who bought tickets and getting the money refunded.

Flights being cancelled is then the airlines responsibility.

My mam and two sisters had flights booked to Dublin last Friday with Ryanair from Liverpool which were cancelled, and they got full refunds for their flights.

It's crazy that the match is going ahead with the current travel restrictions though, typical UEFA. If some of our fans lose out financially I'd love to see them sue Platini and his minnions, maybe it's something SOS could look at organising.

Obviously it's also not ideal for the club to have such ridiculous travel arrangements and as Schwarzer says in the paper this morning, Hamburg and Atletico should have to travel in similar style so as not to gain any kind of advantage.

Had a Wednesday morning Jet 2 flight to Alicante from Blackpool cancelled on Sunday and after spending most of yesterday and a couple of hours this morning looking at viable alternatives to get to Madrid have finally thrown in the towel.

There were only two of us intending to travel - whereas normally there's 4 to 6 of us -and as I don't drive the 2,600 mile round trip was a little too much for a single driver.

Some of the prices we were quoted for rail travel were a bit steep as well - like £90 from Lime Street to Dover - and then we faced the prospect of a ferry crossing as foot passengers, getting the train from Calais to Paris and then Paris to Madrid tomorrow.

Eurostar was a non-starter. Good luck to anybody attempting to navigate their website never mind the European rail network.

The Portsmouth and Plymouth to Santander ferry seems to run about once a month and making sense of the Brittany Ferries website was beyond a man of my meagre intellect. Possibly because the fucking thing would not work.

Throw in the prospect of the current industrial action on the french railways - with disruptions and limited services south of Paris - and the increased demand due to flight restrictions and the decision was reluctantly taken to jib it.

I then spent 45 minutes in a queue to the Jet 2 call centre and when I was finally connected had a verbal disagreement with a young lady who wouldn't agree to refund my Alicante to Manchester flight on Friday as "it hasn't been cancelled".

The fact that they were unable to get me to Spain in the first place, which meant I would be unable to take my place on the un-cancelled flight in the second place was obviously lost on the fucking retard. The entire conversation - consisting of lots of "flight reference 2 Delta Golf 7 Whisky Whisky Tango X-Ray" was conducted in pidgin English - by both protagonists I hasten to add - which only added to my frustration.

So thank you UEFA for not doing the decent thing and putting back both legs 7 days. Monsieur Platini you were a great player but you are obviously a fucking turd of a human being as are the rest of your ilk. By which I mean politicians not Frenchmen. Nah fuck it Frenchmen as well.

As a season this has fallen so far below the expectations I had last summer I feel like crying. What with debt, debt and more debt, exploding volcanos, torn cartilages, Yank liars, beach balls, RBS, Howard Fucking Webb and his chum Lee Mason I have actually just burst into tears. Throw in the usual crew of cretins and performing monkeys on Sky and the end of the season cannot come quickly enough.

Add to the above list those "supporters" who started booing at the end of the Fulham game and those who commenced leaving the match last night on 75 minutes.

So it was cold and it wasn't much of a game.......so what?

Not only is it dispiriting for the players but it impedes the view of those of us in attendance who are actually trying to watch the match. Don't bother coming back next season - you won't be missed and the hot dogs aren't that fucking good anyway.

And breathe.............I need a drink.

Had a Wednesday morning Jet 2 flight to Alicante from Blackpool cancelled on Sunday and after spending most of yesterday and a couple of hours this morning looking at viable alternatives to get to Madrid have finally thrown in the towel.

There were only two of us intending to travel - whereas normally there's 4 to 6 of us -and as I don't drive the 2,600 mile round trip was a little too much for a single driver.

Some of the prices we were quoted for rail travel were a bit steep as well - like £90 from Lime Street to Dover - and then we faced the prospect of a ferry crossing as foot passengers, getting the train from Calais to Paris and then Paris to Madrid tomorrow.

Eurostar was a non-starter. Good luck to anybody attempting to navigate their website never mind the European rail network.

The Portsmouth and Plymouth to Santander ferry seems to run about once a month and making sense of the Brittany Ferries website was beyond a man of my meagre intellect. Possibly because the fucking thing would not work.

Throw in the prospect of the current industrial action on the french railways - with disruptions and limited services south of Paris - and the increased demand due to flight restrictions and the decision was reluctantly taken to jib it.

I then spent 45 minutes in a queue to the Jet 2 call centre and when I was finally connected had a verbal disagreement with a young lady who wouldn't agree to refund my Alicante to Manchester flight on Friday as "it hasn't been cancelled".

The fact that they were unable to get me to Spain in the first place, which meant I would be unable to take my place on the un-cancelled flight in the second place was obviously lost on the fucking retard. The entire conversation - consisting of lots of "flight reference 2 Delta Golf 7 Whisky Whisky Tango X-Ray" was conducted in pidgin English - by both protagonists I hasten to add - which only added to my frustration.

So thank you UEFA for not doing the decent thing and putting back both legs 7 days. Monsieur Platini you were a great player but you are obviously a fucking turd of a human being as are the rest of your ilk. By which I mean politicians not Frenchmen. Nah fuck it Frenchmen as well.

As a season this has fallen so far below the expectations I had last summer I feel like crying. What with debt, debt and more debt, exploding volcanos, torn cartilages, Yank liars, beach balls, RBS, Howard Fucking Webb and his chum Lee Mason I have actually just burst into tears. Throw in the usual crew of cretins and performing monkeys on Sky and the end of the season cannot come quickly enough.

Add to the above list those "supporters" who started booing at the end of the Fulham game and those who commenced leaving the match last night on 75 minutes.

Not only is it dispiriting for the players but it impedes the view of those of us in attendance who are actually trying to watch the match. Don't bother coming back next season - you won't be missed and the hot dogs aren't that fucking good anyway.

Boss post. Go and get yourself that well earned bevvy mate

Quite possibly the best post all season.

Just to echo the sentiments; great post.

Fuckin` brilliant post mate!:thumbup:

Club told me today that they will refund all tickets provided there returned by tomorrow I think it is, not sure how that effects your credit for the game

Thanks for that mate - will try again.

My mate who got us the tickets asked at the ticket office last night and they said that because the game is going ahead, normal rules apply. Maybe there's been a change of heart since.

I know what people mean when they say that this is UEFA's fault which it is. Still the club could do the right thing and refund match tickets for people who can't afford to do the journey they are doing.

Put it this way, sadly Everton would probably help their fans out in this situation.