You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Wanted to give you all an update on the continued fight to get our united message across here in the States. As many of you know, the lads from LFCNY (and many other good reds here in the States) started a campaign against Cohen for his comments about the Hillsborough Disaster.

He was back on our radar recently as the American Outlaws (AO); a US Mens National Team supporters group contacted Cohen and asked him to come on some of their podcasts to help promote the World Cup here in America. LFC Boston came up in arms as they have had good relations with the Boston branch of the AO, and wanted nothing to do with the affiliation.

After getting their message across to the President and Vice-President of the AO, they quickly pulled out of the deal with Cohen saying this on their twitter:

"We are canceling anything involved with WFD & Cohen. It is not "Uniting" US Soccer fans and that is our only goal. We represent our Members."

Whether this decision is genuine or not, I could care less. Our voice has been heard once again.

Well done to the lads in Boston

He does have a daily podcast that is subscription only. Supposedly its not doing all that well.

This recent decision has caused an uproar amongst many AO members and general footy fans here in the states.

The Cohen debate has been done to death on footy related forums here in the states and it all leads to some pretty vile shit being spouted about us.

Case in point:

"You guys murdered a bunch of people, I'm over it."

Guest ShoePiss

I'd never heard of the American Outlaws until yesterday, I saw some of their listeners comments on twitter about this, not pretty.

Dissapointing to hear that has been the reaction in the main but it's very hard to eduacate people who have such strong views while they're ignorant on the subject and show no desire to learn what actually happened.

Fully agree, cracking post.

And well done to the lads in Boston who have yet again prevented this cunt from getting any airtime.

Dissapointing to hear that has been the reaction in the main but it's very hard to eduacate people who have such strong views while they're ignorant on the subject and show no desire to learn what actually happened.

this is the battle we fight over here mate. I got into it with a few Liverpool supporters that were upset he went off air. I'm not one to questions someones support, but I got stuck into these idiots.

We had the Hillsborough memorial service make the rounds here in Seattle last year, so we're doing our best to spread the word.

Americans football fans, on the whole are thick as pigshit. They don't seem to grasp the fact that they can get pretty much all the same "soccer" related news that we enjoy here. And that;s what you hear when they go off on one about Cohen. "it was the only source of soccer news here". Fuck off. I listened to that podast once, and anyone not listening to it on a regular basis is better off for it. It was the most mind numbingly stupid thing i'd ever heard and done absolutely nothing for the idea that Americans know fuck all about football.

Americans football fans, on the whole are thick as pigshit. They don't seem to grasp the fact that they can get pretty much all the same "soccer" related news that we enjoy here. And that;s what you hear when they go off on one about Cohen. "it was the only source of soccer news here". Fuck off. I listened to that podast once, and anyone not listening to it on a regular basis is better off for it. It was the most mind numbingly stupid thing i'd ever heard and done absolutely nothing for the idea that Americans know fuck all about football.

What a load of bollocks.

How much do you know about American soccer? How many levels are there? Who's USL champions? Why do loads of English kids go to US colleges on scholarships? What's the amateur scene like?

Most English fans are completely ignorant of North American football - and there is no reason it should be any different. The Premier League and Champions League get a load of air time here - and as a result, people watch what they are shown and listen to what they are told.

The more there are comments like "Americans football fans, on the whole are thick as pigshit" and "Americans know fuck all about football" - the more it reinforces the view that football fans in Europe are, on the whole, xenophobic thugs, living in a myopic insular universe.

Despite the best recent efforts of tv in North America, people here (and in the States) still hold onto the notion that Europeans know more about the game; therefore, Europeans are asked to provide "expert analysis" that is passed off as such. When scum like Cohen speak, it is therefore in the role of an expert. And people believe it. It's exactly the same in Europe FFS. How many people believe what Tom Cannon says about football finance? Shitloads, that's how many - and that's because he is asked his opinions in the role of an expert.

What I would say about 'soccer' here is that people love the game more than they love a particular club. That is obviously a broad generalisation - but it's not unusual to find people that support us, ManU and Arsenal. The game is flourishing in the States (it's still crap in Canada, mind) - and they have excellent coaching and great facilities.

With a bit of luck, they'll thrash England in South Africa.

'Its our only source of news for soccer fans in the USA'

Use the fucking worldwide web you fucking gang of tools, go on itunes

As an analogy, how many Liverpool fans still buy the S*n and Sunday S*n?

You'd think, with this world wide web thingy, the message would have got across, no?

It's because people do what is easiest. I read the Guardian and Independent on line (cos I'm a pseudo-intellectual) - but most English expats over here don't. They watch the tv (where we get pro-Manchester United Setanta or Fox idiots) or go to their club's forums. If you aren't into English "footy culture", it is harder than you would think to get educated about things.

The newspapers have nothing in them, there is nothing on the radio, and only the abovementioned stuff on tv. It's not easy. Well, it is, but it's not as easy as you might think.

Guest ShoePiss
What a load of bollocks.

How much do you know about American soccer? How many levels are there? Who's USL champions? Why do loads of English kids go to US colleges on scholarships? What's the amateur scene like?

Most English fans are completely ignorant of North American football - and there is no reason it should be any different. The Premier League and Champions League get a load of air time here - and as a result, people watch what they are shown and listen to what they are told.

The more there are comments like "Americans football fans, on the whole are thick as pigshit" and "Americans know fuck all about football" - the more it reinforces the view that football fans in Europe are, on the whole, xenophobic thugs, living in a myopic insular universe.

Despite the best recent efforts of tv in North America, people here (and in the States) still hold onto the notion that Europeans know more about the game; therefore, Europeans are asked to provide "expert analysis" that is passed off as such. When scum like Cohen speak, it is therefore in the role of an expert. And people believe it. It's exactly the same in Europe FFS. How many people believe what Tom Cannon says about football finance? Shitloads, that's how many - and that's because he is asked his opinions in the role of an expert.

What I would say about 'soccer' here is that people love the game more than they love a particular club. That is obviously a broad generalisation - but it's not unusual to find people that support us, ManU and Arsenal. The game is flourishing in the States (it's still crap in Canada, mind) - and they have excellent coaching and great facilities.

Portland Timbers! That play off system is a joke, the Timbers are the current USL champions.

When I moved to Canada, we had Soccer Made in West Germany which was on PBS with some guy with a funny accent operating an old VCR machine. Borussia Moenchengladbach rolled off his tongue like Sinatra in Vegas. It may have been in black and white, or that could have been my shitty Zenith telly with rabbit ears.

Then we had Graham Leggat on TSN with one week tape delayed games from the First Division (ie- the one we won 18 times).

Now we have Pat Dolan on Setanta (who fills the whole screen and I have a 52 inch telly) and Bobby McMahon, another Scot, who pass as experts. To be fair Bobby ain't too bad.

I hope the Americans trundle the Limeys over in RSA; the Rooneymania and WAG shit is too much to bear. Sooner Ingerluund are out the better. I'm sure they've got Boer War chants all lined up for the South Africans.

Anyway, 'soccer' is growing fast becuase MLS has finally got a decent marketing strategy and put teams in places that want them and Champions League/ Premier Leaugue is easily accesible (ie- you don't need a four storey satellite dish).

As an analogy, how many Liverpool fans still buy the S*n and Sunday S*n?

You'd think, with this world wide web thingy, the message would have got across, no?

It's because people do what is easiest. I read the Guardian and Independent on line (cos I'm a pseudo-intellectual) - but most English expats over here don't. They watch the tv (where we get pro-Manchester United Setanta or Fox idiots) or go to their club's forums. If you aren't into English "footy culture", it is harder than you would think to get educated about things.

The newspapers have nothing in them, there is nothing on the radio, and only the abovementioned stuff on tv. It's not easy. Well, it is, but it's not as easy as you might think.

Fair point, I place the blame at those who aren't prepared to look further than that Cohen's massive head

What a load of bollocks.

That's them lot put in their place! Well said mate.

Because they get considerably more then they would if they went to Uni over here?

yes - and it's a strategy for developing the grassroots of the game.

Anyway, I don't want this to distract from what an utter, UTTER cunt Cohen is - but he has nothing to do with the States - his particular brand of bigotry is most definitely Made in England. The NY fan club is doing some great work on this. Pity there is no Canadian equivalent worthy of the name.