You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sky, Virgin Broadband etc

bri

Just in the process at looking to get Sky tv.

Have looked at Sky and they can't get broadband to us so I looked at Virgin as they can do the whole tv, broadband, phone package. But having read some of the reviews of Virgin as wank I'm back to looking at Sky and just getting a separate broadband package.

Got talk talk at the mo which is wank. They dump you down to almost zero kbs when you start downloading. So can anyone recommend me a decent supplier. Don't even mention tiscali.

In a nutshell I'm after unlimited downloads for and phone for around £25 a month and a decent speed.

They are all wank becos they all have offshore techies on the phones. Go Virgin, they at least have the best speeds by miles although BT's wireless is better. Virgin have the best network by miles as the others have to invest billions to get their up to speeds to compote whereas Virgin have already done so. Their problems are due to the fact that they are at the forefront in the network technology side and are more teething issues that will be sorted in the medium to long term but depnds on your area. If you are in Liverpool/Merside go Virgin, without a doubt.

Just in the process at looking to get Sky tv.

Have looked at Sky and they can't get broadband to us so I looked at Virgin as they can do the whole tv, broadband, phone package. But having read some of the reviews of Virgin as wank I'm back to looking at Sky and just getting a separate broadband package.

Got talk talk at the mo which is wank. They dump you down to almost zero kbs when you start downloading. So can anyone recommend me a decent supplier. Don't even mention tiscali.

In a nutshell I'm after unlimited downloads for and phone for around £25 a month and a decent speed.

Virgin are the best around broadband wise, no one can compete with the fibre optic lines they provide.

Here are links to a couple of the broadband packages available from VM:

Up to 10Mb Broadband

Up to 20Mb Broadband

My Mrs works for Virgin. She may or may not be able to sort you out with a good deal. If you want me to get her to ring you, drop me a PM and I'll get her to give you a call.

Is this offer open to others? I'm an existing 20Mb customer and have been thinking of upgrading to the 50Mb service, (I would certainly be interested in the future 100Mb/150Mb services they are due to release). Spoke to a VM rep the other day, and was told that it would cost me £55 for install and service charge, plus an extra £5.50 per month on me bill, in relation to what I pay now of course.

I'd prefer to do the install myself, because I'm a shift worker and it's awkward for me to arrange for engineers etc... The rep said that they won't allow self installs, though I'm sure I've read elsewhere, that if push comes to shove, they'll eventually succumb to the request.

Is this offer open to others? I'm an existing 20Mb customer and have been thinking of upgrading to the 50Mb service, (I would certainly be interested in the future 100Mb/150Mb services they are due to release). Spoke to a VM rep the other day, and was told that it would cost me £55 for install and service charge, plus an extra £5.50 per month on me bill, in relation to what I pay now of course.

I'd prefer to do the install myself, because I'm a shift worker and it's awkward for me to arrange for engineers etc... The rep said that they won't allow self installs, though I'm sure I've read elsewhere, that if push comes to shove, they'll eventually succumb to the request.

Sure, help yourself. Anyone who wants their Virgin looking at, checking if money can be saved, upgrading etc, drop me a PM and Mrs AP will give you a ring.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Anyone who wants their Virgin looking at, checking if money can be saved, upgrading etc, drop me a PM and Mrs AP will give you a ring.

That's what she said.

• 3 years later...
  • 5 years later...
6 hours ago, Dave D said:

What do people pay on average for broadband and TV?

My Sky deal (around £45 a month for Tv, calls, line rental and broadband) is up for renewal.

Im not fussed with having Sports or Movies- any recommendations?      

I pay 67 for Virgin Media Dave so no help really.

• Upvote 1

My Sky deal (around £45 a month for Tv, calls, line rental and broadband) is up for renewal.

Can't see you getting it much cheaper from any of the major providers to be honest.

I was paying about £50 with Virgin before I got a bigger bundle & the sport added on.

• Upvote 1

£94 for all HD channels, phone and internet with Sky.

• Upvote 1

£15 for Broadband (Sky Unlimited - dropped from from fibre because I was getting shite speeds all the time and they kept telling me it was my connection) 

£7.99 for Netflix + SkyGo (subbed with my mother so we can access her Sky via SkyGo) 

Connected NAS to Freesat box and I just legally download a load of stuff to blam on there for the month. 

Chromecast - the odd documentary/highlights from Youtube

Sports: I often report Navixsport but often the lines busy so I give up. 

Anything on my phone - cast to Chromecast and bob's yer uncle. 

I know you didn't ask for the breakdown but I started typing it out and got too into it. Happy to facetime and talk about the cookies I'm about to bake and what I feel about the state of my drains as I'm sure they're not connected properly even though some rogue builder was like, 'naaaah lad'. Pretty sure he just shits in rivers and kicks fish when he's not smoking weed in his shite van. 

• Upvote 1