You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Surely its the end for rafa now!

old skool tom

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I meant the bigger picture earlier Rage in that maybe the players can See what a mess the clubs become under these owners - they can See the transfer funds being siphoned off they can See our previously enormously Strong Squad gradually being replaced by a mixture of kids and squad fillers/shite (Alonso and Keane money? Insua replacing Aurelio - Lucas replacing Alonso for a while, N'gog replacing Crouch AND Keane apparently - All of these things you can rest assured Will have been noticed by the players along with their effects on/contributions to our decline).

The players can See all this happening - they can See that it is starting us off on at first (and now hurtling us down at breakneck speed) the road to a horrible decline and flatline in our form. They can see our club being overtaken by teams that not twelve months ago were not even close enough to us to taste our vapour trails (City were a joke last season, Spurs just escaped relegation and Villa won what 3? Games from Jan' - May - an utter shambles I'm sure you'll agree) clubs who buy players as though they're going out of fashion as WE stand silent in THREE successive transfer windows now bar a not fully paid for (and injured) Aquilani and a Johnson who we got due to money owed from Crouch from the one club in a Worse mess than us. and just maybe KNOWING all of this has our clubs owners at heart and that they could if not REMOVE most of this stuff by dipping into their own pockets Or arranging a decent sized transfer fund regularly to help sort the team out in each window as Spurs, Villa and esp' City have managed quite nicely to do has hit our players hard where it matters Most of all in football - in their hearts and minds.

Maybe our players can see all this and hear the taunts/harping on from the above mentioned shite clubs not fit to lick our boots not even 12 months ago about how they'll take our star players (City), our place in the CL (Spurs, City, Villa) and how far we've fallen along with how it helps THEM (Villa, Spurs and City again). Perhaps the players see us outbid for players and outspent by the likes fcuking Sunderland, Birmingham City, Everton (!!), the above mentioned 3, United, Chelsea, Arsenal and of course even the likes of Stoke City now and maybe just maybe knowing ALL of this is down to our owners along with being given strict instructions from Rafa' to shut up re said owners (as they will have done - do you honestly think he'd let THEM off the leash if HE is on it? Don't forget, Carra's had a go at them in the past and I'm sure he would do again given half a chance). Just maybe the players see ALL of the above and NO solution offering itself, no buyer, no stadium, no investment, Nothing bar a mountain of debt and they think 'fcuk it - why should I play so well for my club here when it's getting us Nowhere and we're clearly not strong enough to win anything? Why bother?'' - In short maybe our players have LOST HEART DUE TO THE BLOODY OWNERS GUTTING OUR CLUB AND LEAVING IT TO DIE!!! I know I have and I'm human like the players - whose to say They aren't affected in the same way?

Then there's the players futures to consider AND the fact this is a World Cup Year - They'll know that all this carry on and uncertainty re CL And difficulties financially etc is threatening not just their future career prospects but also their places at the World Cup and they might just give up (helps to Not be injured in WC Year no?) - a few of them have looked like that -utterly resigned/can't be ar*ed for a while now - not least the Captain on occasions (I know that's blasphemy almost but it's true). The answer? I don't know, I really don't but I think the problem/question has a HELL of a lot more to do with Hicks and Gillette than you give it credit for......................................................

NB Paulie - you couldn't be More wrong - it's the Owners that need to go - Rafa' is hamstrung by them and has Never had the money to compete properly if he did? We'd be on our 5th title or so by now. WHEN he's had the money to compete PROPERLY and failed - then and only then should he go.

NNB: LFCBRIAN - As ever, I see insults (and pathetic attempts at one by someone lacking a brain quite clearly in YOUR case) are the refuge of the ignorant (or the mentally damaged lik..........but even They show more sense than YOU).

A prick am I? It takes one (and an abysmally awful excuse for a poster of one at that in you) to know one yes? Not Real Madrid? Don't know what you mean by that but with our team missing half it's main components? No wonder we've done badly tonight and recently. Stupid Boy? Oh, that IS rich coming from a sad excuse for a tot like YOU - now you listen to ME son, I was watching LFC damn near 33 years ago when YOU weren't even a twinkle in your fathers eye (you're probably younger even than that) and grow pubes? I was born just After Shankly raised us up so was old enough to Know what he raised us from and believe me if you think we're in trouble now it's NOTHING compared to the state we were in back then. I saw us under Paisley, under Dalglish and Fagan, under Souness (FAR worse than now), Evans, Houllier and now Rafa' - THAT enough experience for you BOY? You pathetic piece of shite?

I KNOW we're bad at the moment but there's REASONS for that (I know, big words and their meanings are difficult when Nurse isn't there to help you aren't they?) Idiots like you though? They don't allow so much as a divot on the pitch or a slip while defending, never MIND a run of bad luck and injuries like we're going through - to explain what's going wrong with the team, nope - in their eyes it's ALL the managers fault when it goes wrong - even the weather. It's perfect or nothing to you isn't it? Well my idiot friend, it's YOU who is nothing as is your pathetic excuse for a 'post' on this board - now get out of my sight - I'm putting you on ignore.

I meant the bigger picture earlier Rage in that maybe the players can See what a mess the clubs become under these owners - they can See the transfer funds being siphoned off they can See our previously enormously Strong Squad gradually being replaced by a mixture of kids and squad fillers/shite (Alonso and Keane money? Insua replacing Aurelio - Lucas replacing Alonso for a while, N'gog replacing Crouch AND Keane apparently - All of these things you can rest assured Will have been noticed by the players along with their effects on/contributions to our decline).

The players can See all this happening - they can See that it is starting us off on at first (and now hurtling us down at breakneck speed) the road to a horrible decline and flatline in our form. They can see our club being overtaken by teams that not twelve months ago were not even close enough to us to taste our vapour trails (City were a joke last season, Spurs just escaped relegation and Villa won what 3? Games from Jan' - May - an utter shambles I'm sure you'll agree) clubs who buy players as though they're going out of fashion as WE stand silent in THREE successive transfer windows now bar a not fully paid for (and injured) Aquilani and a Johnson who we got due to money owed from Crouch from the one club in a Worse mess than us. and just maybe KNOWING all of this has our clubs owners at heart and that they could if not REMOVE most of this stuff by dipping into their own pockets Or arranging a decent sized transfer fund regularly to help sort the team out in each window as Spurs, Villa and esp' City have managed quite nicely to do has hit our players hard where it matters Most of all in football - in their hearts and minds.

Maybe our players can see all this and hear the taunts/harping on from the above mentioned shite clubs not fit to lick our boots not even 12 months ago about how they'll take our star players (City), our place in the CL (Spurs, City, Villa) and how far we've fallen along with how it helps THEM (Villa, Spurs and City again). Perhaps the players see us outbid for players and outspent by the likes fcuking Sunderland, Birmingham City, Everton (!!), the above mentioned 3, United, Chelsea, Arsenal and of course even the likes of Stoke City now and maybe just maybe knowing ALL of this is down to our owners along with being given strict instructions from Rafa' to shut up re said owners (as they will have done - do you honestly think he'd let THEM off the leash if HE is on it? Don't forget, Carra's had a go at them in the past and I'm sure he would do again given half a chance). Just maybe the players see ALL of the above and NO solution offering itself, no buyer, no stadium, no investment, Nothing bar a mountain of debt and they think 'fcuk it - why should I play so well for my club here when it's getting us Nowhere and we're clearly not strong enough to win anything? Why bother?'' - In short maybe our players have LOST HEART DUE TO THE BLOODY OWNERS GUTTING OUR CLUB AND LEAVING IT TO DIE!!! I know I have and I'm human like the players - whose to say They aren't affected in the same way?

Then there's the players futures to consider AND the fact this is a World Cup Year - They'll know that all this carry on and uncertainty re CL And difficulties financially etc is threatening not just their future career prospects but also their places at the World Cup and they might just give up (helps to Not be injured in WC Year no?) - a few of them have looked like that -utterly resigned/can't be ar*ed for a while now - not least the Captain on occasions (I know that's blasphemy almost but it's true). The answer? I don't know, I really don't but I think the problem/question has a HELL of a lot more to do with Hicks and Gillette than you give it credit for......................................................

NB Paulie - you couldn't be More wrong - it's the Owners that need to go - Rafa' is hamstrung by them and has Never had the money to compete properly if he did? We'd be on our 5th title or so by now. WHEN he's had the money to compete PROPERLY and failed - then and only then should he go.

NNB: LFCBRIAN - As ever, I see insults (and pathetic attempts at one by someone lacking a brain quite clearly in YOUR case) are the refuge of the ignorant (or the mentally damaged lik..........but even They show more sense than YOU).

A prick am I? It takes one (and an abysmally awful excuse for a poster of one at that in you) to know one yes? Not Real Madrid? Don't know what you mean by that but with our team missing half it's main components? No wonder we've done badly tonight and recently. Stupid Boy? Oh, that IS rich coming from a sad excuse for a tot like YOU - now you listen to ME son, I was watching LFC damn near 33 years ago when YOU weren't even a twinkle in your fathers eye (you're probably younger even than that) and grow pubes? I was born just After Shankly raised us up so was old enough to Know what he raised us from and believe me if you think we're in trouble now it's NOTHING compared to the state we were in back then. I saw us under Paisley, under Dalglish and Fagan, under Souness (FAR worse than now), Evans, Houllier and now Rafa' - THAT enough experience for you BOY? You pathetic piece of shite?

I KNOW we're bad at the moment but there's REASONS for that (I know, big words and their meanings are difficult when Nurse isn't there to help you aren't they?) Idiots like you though? They don't allow so much as a divot on the pitch or a slip while defending, never MIND a run of bad luck and injuries like we're going through - to explain what's going wrong with the team, nope - in their eyes it's ALL the managers fault when it goes wrong - even the weather. It's perfect or nothing to you isn't it? Well my idiot friend, it's YOU who is nothing as is your pathetic excuse for a 'post' on this board - now get out of my sight - I'm putting you on ignore.

Do you ever post messages that contain 50 words or less? "TLDR" was invented for you.

Do you ever post messages less than 50 words? "TLDR" was invented for you.

Why? Is there a forum imposed word limit? He can post as much as he wants like anyone else. If you don't like what he posts, or it looks too long, then don't read it or put him on ignore.

we need to get back to players who wear the shirt with pride, the Scousers , Irish, scottish, welsh, rafa has lost the fans almost entirely whether or not its the transfer debacle or not he has wasted the majority of our money Torres being the exception. Sammy and Kenny overthrow the man and put the fucking midfield generals in the Mersey Lucas and Aquilani but that would be pollution on a grand scale

we need to get back to players who wear the shirt with pride, the Scousers , Irish, scottish, welsh, rafa has lost the fans almost entirely whether or not its the transfer debacle or not he has wasted the majority of our money Torres being the exception. Sammy and Kenny overthrow the man and put the fucking midfield generals in the Mersey Lucas and Aquilani but that would be pollution on a grand scale

I'd rather have Torres than Earnshaw.

people go on about Benitez limited funds over the years. But surely what money he has been given could have been put to better use rather than bringing in the likes of Josemi, Antonio Nunez, Fernando Morientes, Jan Kromkamp, Mark González, Ryan Babel, Jermaine Pennant, Charles Itandje, Gabriel Paletta, Philipp Degen, Andrea Dossena, Mauricio Pellegrino and Andriy Voronin, Lucas and Insua... Just to name a few, i know certain players were on frees and what not but at the end of the day we are still paying there wage.

majority of the players he has brought in have not been worth the paper there contracts were written on.

Blame Rafa all you like but your letting the players get off scot free.

Yes i agree. Im not saying rafa is without blame. He certainly is and must take a large share of it. But something else is afoot. To me it is clear the players dont believe in rafa anymore and respond by playing utterly shite.

Benitez needs to make some serious changes to the squad and stop putting his faith in these cunts letting us down, he should be introducing Pacheco and experimenting with different players. I hope the UEFA cup will be for experimenting now and he needs to be clear to the under performing players that they either fight or go.

We also need a decent backup senior striker. not Ngog for fucks sake and we've needed it for a year

Guest ShoePiss
Yes Redmist - see This message Or my first reply to LFCBrian. Rather short by my standards No?

I don't care how many words you use but will you please stop capitalising certain words?

Benitez needs to make some serious changes to the squad and stop putting his faith in these cunts letting us down, he should be introducing Pacheco and experimenting with different players. I hope the UEFA cup will be for experimenting now and he needs to be clear to the under performing players that they either fight or go.

We also need a decent backup senior striker. not Ngog for fucks sake and we've needed it for a year

We were crying out for a back up for Torres all summer. Rafa did nothing about it and this is where we are. 17m on a full back, but no striker. Ngog has potential but is not the answer. How was Shane Long any worse than Ngog tonight. I just wish this season would end now. Can't take the shit football any more. Not even the results. The SHIT football.

Fucking hell why does the Europa league start so shitting late? That and doing seriously well in the PL are the only things that will save him now, but the Europa league is still over a month away. He's probably going to have to get stuff properly sorted in the PL or he'll have to go.

If he can keep his players fit he might possibly sort things out, but there's so little room for error. A team with Pepe, Agger, Carra, Masch, Gerrard, Torres and Rodriguez really shouldn't fuck up, but he has to get them working and fast. If not he might not last until the end of the month.

I don't think it's the end for him yet, but now it's got so bad that it looks like he's literally one or two bad results from being off. That's if he isn't arranging to leave already, seeing as he stated the importance of the FA Cup and then we messed up so badly.

I've been on a few football site forums.

Christ almighty, we are the laughing stock of all laughing stocks.

It turns my stomach. Gets me thinking, I'd Love to see Rafa turn this round.

So we could shove this back in their fucking faces.

But I've lost any hope that we can. I've seen alot of people saying, give Rafa a chance.

Comparing him with Shanks and how he struggled at first.

But Shanks and Rafa is 2 very different people and 2 very different situations.

I think If Rafa could have stopped the rot even a month ago.I'd think differently.

But now this seasons a fucking write off. And I honestly can't see how next season could be any better. Not with some of the players we have.

And with the fact that we will more than likely(despite Fathead Hicks claims) spend fuck all next summer without selling, well, we'll be in deep deep shit.

The emotion in this thread is palpable and understandable. I have always been one of those who has defended Benitez and I think that in his time here, we've had some great nights. He has brought in some world class players who were a vast improvement on what we had before - Torres, Reina and Mascherano are among the best in the world at what they do. But...we can't go on pretending that something hasn't gone wrong.

Reading - fucking Reading, a team struggling to stay in the league below us - is simply the crowning glory. We have also lost to the worst team in our league and to several other teams who are less than ordinary. Whatever the limitations of the current squad, the players we have are better than those in most of the teams that have turned us over this season. That can only point to one thing - the players are not performing as they can 9and did towards the end of last season). That is where the manager comes in - if he can't motivate the players or build up what looks like shattered confidence - then he is not doing his job.

I have no doubt Benitez has fallen in love with LFC or that he works hard, but frankly, so would I if I were our manager (and so does Kuyt on the pitch, but what's the outcome?) I'd be sad to see Rafa go, but we just seemed to have reached a point, as we did with Houllier, where the players don't believe in him (or themselves) anymore. We can point to shocking luck with injuries and some bad luck in certain games, but the bottom line is, this keeps happening and it can't be allowed to go on. Things have changed very quickly, as they often do in football and Rafa doesn't look like he knows how to resolve this. Like Boxer in Animal farm, his only solution is to work harder.

I can't believe I'm saying this given that I tipped us for the title this year, but the only thing that can keep Rafa at the club now is us not being able to find the right man to take over. The cost of firing him and the likely cost of bringing in a Hiddink or a Mourinho (with no real transfer budget) could well keep him in his job. If we can't bring in the very best, we'd have to look to the next level down - an O'Neill, Hodgson or similar -and that may be a bigger gamble than keeping Benitez. I'm sure Kenny would take over as an interim, but he has been out of the game at this level too long to inspire confidence that is anything other than sentiment. But...if things are so badly wrong that we can be outplayed by such a shit team...maybe we just have to bite the bullet. I wouldn't relish it as some people on here seem to, but it is hard today to see a way back for this regime.

dear mr shadow. i can't be bothered quoting your 1000 word essay as i feel that an entire library of books cannot disguise or take away from the FACT that rafa is a fucking liability.

we played Reading over 220 minutes, that's nearly 4 hours and they convincingly beat us.

it is inexcusable and if rafa worked for me i'd sack him for gross misconduct.

We can't afford NOT to sack him.

This is the truth, as andy townsend said last night, it should be about the football club and not about business, but unfortunately we've got the yanks in charge who won't look at the football side of things, they're in it for money and that is all that matters! So it seems we're stuck with el shite for the forseeable future!

The emotion in this thread is palpable and understandable. I have always been one of those who has defended Benitez and I think that in his time here, we've had some great nights. He has brought in some world class players who were a vast improvement on what we had before - Torres, Reina and Mascherano are among the best in the world at what they do. But...we can't go on pretending that something hasn't gone wrong.

Reading - fucking Reading, a team struggling to stay in the league below us - is simply the crowning glory. We have also lost to the worst team in our league and to several other teams who are less than ordinary. Whatever the limitations of the current squad, the players we have are better than those in most of the teams that have turned us over this season. That can only point to one thing - the players are not performing as they can 9and did towards the end of last season). That is where the manager comes in - if he can't motivate the players or build up what looks like shattered confidence - then he is not doing his job.

I have no doubt Benitez has fallen in love with LFC or that he works hard, but frankly, so would I if I were our manager (and so does Kuyt on the pitch, but what's the outcome?) I'd be sad to see Rafa go, but we just seemed to have reached a point, as we did with Houllier, where the players don't believe in him (or themselves) anymore. We can point to shocking luck with injuries and some bad luck in certain games, but the bottom line is, this keeps happening and it can't be allowed to go on. Things have changed very quickly, as they often do in football and Rafa doesn't look like he knows how to resolve this. Like Boxer in Animal farm, his only solution is to work harder.

I can't believe I'm saying this given that I tipped us for the title this year, but the only thing that can keep Rafa at the club now is us not being able to find the right man to take over. The cost of firing him and the likely cost of bringing in a Hiddink or a Mourinho (with no real transfer budget) could well keep him in his job. If we can't bring in the very best, we'd have to look to the next level down - an O'Neill, Hodgson or similar -and that may be a bigger gamble than keeping Benitez. I'm sure Kenny would take over as an interim, but he has been out of the game at this level too long to inspire confidence that is anything other than sentiment. But...if things are so badly wrong that we can be outplayed by such a shit team...maybe we just have to bite the bullet. I wouldn't relish it as some people on here seem to, but it is hard today to see a way back for this regime.

Very eloquent and kind of sums up my feelings right now. But please not Oneill!!! I'm not even sure that if Rafa went we would put somebody good enough for us in his place and that's a worry for me.

I've trolled through the thread and there are folk who are posting stuff such as injuries and lack of funds and of course the 2 twats in charge as reasoning for our poor showing but in all honesty last night ( and in the 1st game) we were outplayed and outfought by a side that was cobbled together with a caretaker manager. There can be no excuses for that or to losing to a pompey side who don't know when their next pay packet will come.