You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Surely its the end for rafa now!

old skool tom

I meant the bigger picture earlier Rage in that maybe the players can See what a mess the clubs become under these owners - they can See the transfer funds being siphoned off they can See our previously enormously Strong Squad gradually being replaced by a mixture of kids and squad fillers/shite (Alonso and Keane money? Insua replacing Aurelio - Lucas replacing Alonso for a while, N'gog replacing Crouch AND Keane apparently - All of these things you can rest assured Will have been noticed by the players along with their effects on/contributions to our decline).

The players can See all this happening - they can See that it is starting us off on at first (and now hurtling us down at breakneck speed) the road to a horrible decline and flatline in our form. They can see our club being overtaken by teams that not twelve months ago were not even close enough to us to taste our vapour trails (City were a joke last season, Spurs just escaped relegation and Villa won what 3? Games from Jan' - May - an utter shambles I'm sure you'll agree) clubs who buy players as though they're going out of fashion as WE stand silent in THREE successive transfer windows now bar a not fully paid for (and injured) Aquilani and a Johnson who we got due to money owed from Crouch from the one club in a Worse mess than us. and just maybe KNOWING all of this has our clubs owners at heart and that they could if not REMOVE most of this stuff by dipping into their own pockets Or arranging a decent sized transfer fund regularly to help sort the team out in each window as Spurs, Villa and esp' City have managed quite nicely to do has hit our players hard where it matters Most of all in football - in their hearts and minds.

Maybe our players can see all this and hear the taunts/harping on from the above mentioned shite clubs not fit to lick our boots not even 12 months ago about how they'll take our star players (City), our place in the CL (Spurs, City, Villa) and how far we've fallen along with how it helps THEM (Villa, Spurs and City again). Perhaps the players see us outbid for players and outspent by the likes fcuking Sunderland, Birmingham City, Everton (!!), the above mentioned 3, United, Chelsea, Arsenal and of course even the likes of Stoke City now and maybe just maybe knowing ALL of this is down to our owners along with being given strict instructions from Rafa' to shut up re said owners (as they will have done - do you honestly think he'd let THEM off the leash if HE is on it? Don't forget, Carra's had a go at them in the past and I'm sure he would do again given half a chance). Just maybe the players see ALL of the above and NO solution offering itself, no buyer, no stadium, no investment, Nothing bar a mountain of debt and they think 'fcuk it - why should I play so well for my club here when it's getting us Nowhere and we're clearly not strong enough to win anything? Why bother?'' - In short maybe our players have LOST HEART DUE TO THE BLOODY OWNERS GUTTING OUR CLUB AND LEAVING IT TO DIE!!! I know I have and I'm human like the players - whose to say They aren't affected in the same way?

Then there's the players futures to consider AND the fact this is a World Cup Year - They'll know that all this carry on and uncertainty re CL And difficulties financially etc is threatening not just their future career prospects but also their places at the World Cup and they might just give up (helps to Not be injured in WC Year no?) - a few of them have looked like that -utterly resigned/can't be ar*ed for a while now - not least the Captain on occasions (I know that's blasphemy almost but it's true). The answer? I don't know, I really don't but I think the problem/question has a HELL of a lot more to do with Hicks and Gillette than you give it credit for......................................................

NB Paulie - you couldn't be More wrong - it's the Owners that need to go - Rafa' is hamstrung by them and has Never had the money to compete properly if he did? We'd be on our 5th title or so by now. WHEN he's had the money to compete PROPERLY and failed - then and only then should he go.

NNB: LFCBRIAN - As ever, I see insults (and pathetic attempts at one by someone lacking a brain quite clearly in YOUR case) are the refuge of the ignorant (or the mentally damaged lik..........but even They show more sense than YOU).

A prick am I? It takes one (and an abysmally awful excuse for a poster of one at that in you) to know one yes? Not Real Madrid? Don't know what you mean by that but with our team missing half it's main components? No wonder we've done badly tonight and recently. Stupid Boy? Oh, that IS rich coming from a sad excuse for a tot like YOU - now you listen to ME son, I was watching LFC damn near 33 years ago when YOU weren't even a twinkle in your fathers eye (you're probably younger even than that) and grow pubes? I was born just After Shankly raised us up so was old enough to Know what he raised us from and believe me if you think we're in trouble now it's NOTHING compared to the state we were in back then. I saw us under Paisley, under Dalglish and Fagan, under Souness (FAR worse than now), Evans, Houllier and now Rafa' - THAT enough experience for you BOY? You pathetic piece of shite?

I KNOW we're bad at the moment but there's REASONS for that (I know, big words and their meanings are difficult when Nurse isn't there to help you aren't they?) Idiots like you though? They don't allow so much as a divot on the pitch or a slip while defending, never MIND a run of bad luck and injuries like we're going through - to explain what's going wrong with the team, nope - in their eyes it's ALL the managers fault when it goes wrong - even the weather. It's perfect or nothing to you isn't it? Well my idiot friend, it's YOU who is nothing as is your pathetic excuse for a 'post' on this board - now get out of my sight - I'm putting you on ignore.

FUCK ME! HE DOES GO ON ABIT DON'T HE!

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

people go on about Benitez limited funds over the years. But surely what money he has been given could have been put to better use rather than bringing in the likes of Josemi, Antonio Nunez, Fernando Morientes, Jan Kromkamp, Mark González, Ryan Babel, Jermaine Pennant, Charles Itandje, Gabriel Paletta, Philipp Degen, Andrea Dossena, Mauricio Pellegrino and Andriy Voronin, Lucas and Insua... Just to name a few, i know certain players were on frees and what not but at the end of the day we are still paying there wage.

majority of the players he has brought in have not been worth the paper there contracts were written on.

This is one the biggest problems that he's created, buying shit players so there is no decent cover when the likes of Torres or Gerrard are out injured

Guest davelfc
The emotion in this thread is palpable and understandable. I have always been one of those who has defended Benitez and I think that in his time here, we've had some great nights. ........

I've given up looking to defend the manager. Your whole post is well argued and I can't disagree with most of what you say.

I don't think things will get better if we replace our manager, I think they will get worse. I fear just who the owners will get and how much further we would fall. We are not going to attract a decent manager, we'll end up with some bargain basement joker who will service the needs of the owners.

I do think he will go, something has to give and in all cases it's the manager that pays the price in the end. But that's just a continuation of the drop and adding to the problem in my opinion.

I keep saying that the 'next game' we'll do well. That we will start to build the confidence and work from there. But no matter how poor our opposition we seem a tonic for them and we're out thought and out fought all of the time.

But no matter who our manager is, under these owners it isn't going to be pretty, it isn't going to get better. It's like sacking the captain of the titanic after the iceberg has struck.

Happy days eh?

Once again the players have to take a major portion of the blame here, because they are just lacking confidence. The one thing I've noticed more this season, is that we tend to start matches very well but if we don't score in the first 15-20 minutes, then the confidence just seems to drain out of the players. It's almost like then they are scared to make a mistake. But, when we do score, they just panic!!!!

I like rafa, and most of what he has has done for the club, but can he really carry on after this season? If we don't get 4th place or win the europa league, then his position must be looked at.

Once again the players have to take a major portion of the blame here, because they are just lacking confidence. The one thing I've noticed more this season, is that we tend to start matches very well but if we don't score in the first 15-20 minutes, then the confidence just seems to drain out of the players. It's almost like then they are scared to make a mistake. But, when we do score, they just panic!!!!

I like rafa, and most of what he has has done for the club, but can he really carry on after this season? If we don't get 4th place or win the europa league, then his position must be looked at.

He has guaranteed us 4th spot. If we don't get it, well then he has gone back on his guarantee. Surely that means he'll have to walk.

Guest davelfc
He has guaranteed us 4th spot. If we don't get it, well then he has gone back on his guarantee. Surely that means he'll have to walk.

4th from the bottom?

you'll find the smallprint says something like 'as long as its my fault'

we all now its never rafa's fault

I still think he should be given to the end of the season. He's caused the mess, he needs to clean it up.

I could perhaps agree with that. But, after games like last night's and plenty others before it, do you seriously think he's capable of cleaning up the mess he's caused?

He's turned us into a team that's outplayed, outfought, outgunned and outright ridiculed by a team fighting a relegation battle in the fucking Championship with no fucking manager.

If Benitez stays, we'll struggle to finish in the top 8.

Benitez can turn it round if he stops putting his faith in some of the players who keep letting us down. dropping Kuyt for Maxi would be a good start and getting Pacheco in the team, the current lot are awful in an attacking sense

we also badly need a 2nd senior striker

One thing tha puzzles me by those who still defend Rafa is this line that he was working for a pair of cunts as owners and, as such, he is impeded in doing his job properly.

Who is disputing that he is working for a pair of cunts and that his job is difficult?

BUT, which club manager ISN´T working under some kind of constraints? I can only think of one, Mancini, and he certainly would not survive after 6 wins in 26 games. We can compare ourselves and Utd: We finished 4 points behind them last year, they lost their best midfielder and their second-best striker and replaced them with players nowhere near the same standard. Result? They are not as good as last year, but are there fighting for the title. Now compare how we have 'coped' with the loss of one full-back and a key midfileder.

Yes, we have had injuries and loss of form, but the manager is payed royally ti deal with these situations and he just isn´t. Last year, we coped with adversity, however only after we had virtually been out of the title race in February, to find a resurgrence. We just got on with it. All I have heared this year, from fans, players and the manager, is excuses about how we cannot be expected to compete. It has become a self-fulfilling propphecy. Everybody at the club should have good, hard look at themselves to see if THEY are doing everything they can, I don´t think anybody is. We, and Rafa in particular, seem to have lost the ability to make the best out of what we have got. That suggests that something is seriously wrong and that he is unable to address it. That is why it´s time to go.

He should of been sacked weeks and weeks ago while the season was still salvageable.

He created the mess so why did so many think he was the one to clean it up?

Instead of being decisive and making the decision that needed to be made, the Club sat on it`s hands and hoped for the best. We`re now paying the price for the boards cowardice.

All the major figures at this Club this season have been derelict in their duty. The players , the manager and the board.

Rafa lost the players the night Babel put us level against Lyon.

He then took Torres off and his marker scored the goal that lost us control of our destiny in the CL. The players lost their belief that night.

I posted exactly this the night it happened.

Weve been in a tailspin ever since.

And we were fucking shyte before that too.

I still have the image of Agger making Rooney look like a village green humper 5 years ago for Denmark. I still remember Babel roasting the scum down the left when we snotted them twice in a season and being the U21 player of the tournament a while back.

Insua is a decent prospect but is absolutley fucked cos we dont have cover.

Kuyt cares but is basically a Golden Retreiver in a red shirt. Bye.

Degen is worth keeping. Said it before on here. He wants to wear the shirt.

Gerrard and Torres are clearly not right, but will want to be right for the World Cup. So will both maybe need an op before the summer.

Aquilani is a lightweight nothing. A waste of money i can barely get my head round.

Kelly is a good prospect.

Benayoun needs a rest.

Murphy, Crouch and Bellamy all got MoM in their respective games on the same day 3 weeks ago. All sold by Benitez. The man is a cold, clueless chancer, who won the CL on the drive of Gerrard and the purchases of Houllier, yes, HOULLIER. I'll repeat that, HOULLIER!!.

Not all Rafas signings have been shit at the outset, but hes made them shit over time.

Also,how do we manage to win the FA youth cup so much and not bring ONE of those players through the way that Gerrard came through 10 years ago.

We need to sack him, and rely on him ending up at Real Madrid to avoid the majority of that pay off.

Its gone seriously wrong.

O'Neill is needed at LFC.

He builds TEAMS.

Yes folks, its that bad.

if thats the case Pinocchio, then the whole team needs shooting, including torres, gerrard, carragher and reina. They play for LIVERPOOL, they are paid by LIVERPOOL, WE ARE LIVERPOOL and if those players go out and play like a bag of absolute shite knowing this.... then they should be run through with a rusty fucking skewer.

Should benitez go, and any player have the temerity to in anyway insinuate that they had given up on the manager, then they should be left to rot in the ressies.

If these players could play better under o'neill, then they shouldn't be here they should be at fucking villa - benitez is manager of Liverpool Football Club, he should be doing his utmost for Liverpool Football Club, and the gang of wankers on the pitch should be doing it for Liverpool Football Club - don't like the manager?? Tough shit, there's 40 odd thousand fans week in week out playing your wages, there is no excuse for consistently shit performances. Probelsm at Liverpool are in the boardroom, bootroom and most worrying of all on the fucking pitch.

These are the players that Rafa bought and the players Rafa picks week in week out when they've been shit, week in week out, the players that Rafa is supposed to motivate before a game.

I know players shouldn't need motivating to pull on the red shirt but sadly most do.

I can't put my finger on it but something is going on that has seriously affected their confidence and has been there since the season began.

These are the same lads (more or less) who were a win or two away from the title. Rafa is going no where, they would not let him buy players otherwise.

it's easy to say a manager should be sacked but the alternative is Curbishley so perhaps some of you should stop being so kneejerk and think long term

Says who?

In any case, keeping Rafa would also have a serious long-term impact.

6 wins in 26, knee-jerk indeed.

Is Rafa`s own words good enough for you.

I remembered it wrong, but here you go.

Benitez Not Interested in Ruud

I`ve been getting a lot of emails asking about Liverpool`s reported interest in Ruud Van Nistelrooy. I can tell you that Rafa Benitez is not interested in signing the Dutchman from Real Madrid because - while the former United striker`s quality has never been questioned - there are major doubts over his fitness.

With limited funds, the Liverpool coach would rather focus on another kind of player and there is little point over the longer term in placing obstacles in the way of Ngog`s progress: particularly at a time when he is starting to show glimpses of the player we all hoped he may become. Furthermore, Liverpool could not accommodate both Torres and Van Nistelrooy in the same starting eleven and the priority is to get the most out of the Spanish striker`s current from and keep him playing regularly.

In fact, Benitez is quite fed up with the stories linking Liverpool with Ruud and, despite the press speculation and despite the fact Ruud could leave Madrid for free as his contract finishes in the summer, it can be said that the target for January is quite different. If Dossena (At Madrid want him, plus teams in Italy and Germany), Voronin or Degen can be sold, then Liverpool will have greater room for manoeuvre in their pursuit of another target.

Guillem Balague Football Website | Benitez Not Interested in Ruud