You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Thought I'd start this up as there's nothing on the board. Note the absence of '@' in the thread title. *looks threateningly at Zigackly*

Think this has the makings of a tricky game as Portsmouth seem to have shown a bit of fight since Grant took over. Still, if we're serious about 4th place, these are the types of games we have to go and win.

Reina

Johnson

Carragher

Agger

Insua

Mascherano

Lucas

Kuyt

Gerrard

Benayoun

Torres

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If we get beat, mate, I'll take your negging like a man.

If we get beat the last thing I will be thinking about is negging people over '@' signs!

Hopefully we can take a bit of momentum from the Wigan result, Torres will be on form and hungry and we'll be celebrating a mighty two win run.

Doubting Aquilani will start for some reason. Call me mad, but it's just this strange feeling I have. I would be happy with the team you posted above though.

Do we know if Johnson is likely to be back?

7 30 am pitch inspection I believe. Why it couldn't be done the night before I've no idea as it's hardly going to improve through the dark hours is it? So if it's bad Friday evening, call it off.

No idea, if it goes ahead, what to predict team or result wise. From what I've seen of Portsmouth, they've been playing ok without getting the results. And you've got the risk of playing our big names on a probable hard pitch...so definitely not Aquilani starting!

7 30 am pitch inspection I believe. Why it couldn't be done the night before I've no idea as it's hardly going to improve through the dark hours is it? So if it's bad Friday evening, call it off.

No idea, if it goes ahead, what to predict team or result wise. From what I've seen of Portsmouth, they've been playing ok without getting the results. And you've got the risk of playing our big names on a probable hard pitch...so definitely not Aquilani starting!

Exactly, fuck the fans who are travelling! There is no way you are getting to Portsmouth from Liverpool if you leave after 7.30! The majority of us will be well on our way by then.

From the offal :

Albert Riera, Martin Kelly and Nabil El Zhar will remain on Merseyside, however, to continue their rehabilitation from recent injury problems.

How the fuck is El Zhar injured, bummed into submission by Willy Wonka again? He only played 15 minutes against Blackburn,

How the fuck is El Zhar injured, bummed into submission by Willy Wonka again? He only played 15 minutes against Blackburn,

We took a chance on his fitness, threw him on after a long break when he wasn't quite ready and it's back-fired. We should have gambled on Aquilani instead.