You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

If we had won in Athens NO ONE would question Rafa

Jens

Had Rafa picked up his second Champions League title in Athens, no one would be screaming for his head at this moment. People would look at the current situation in a different way.

"We have a manager that in three years did what took Alex Ferguson twenty years to achieve."

"We´re a bit unbalanced since Alonso left and have been through an injury crisis, but we will get it right soon. We nearly won the league last season, remember?"

"If Rafa could bring in a few more players in the 20 million bracket, we would have more players of Torres´and Johnson´s standard, it´s not his fault that Man Utd and Chelsea have money to spend and we don´t."

These would be a lot more frequent comments among Liverpool fans.

Now, everyone goes:

"We are shit and it´s Rafa´s fault"

"Rafa has bought 70 players. How many of those signings have been good enough?"

I just have one thing to say. We were the better team in Athens.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Pistonbroke

If if if....Thought Rafa fucked up with his tactics in Athens myself and Milan were not that good, we just handed them a 2 goal lead.

Would it have made a difference to the form we find ourselves in and how the fans are feeling? I doubt it very much. But we'll never know as it DID'T happen.

It works both ways though. If Dudek hadn't have made a once in a lifetime save from Shevchenko in extra-time or Gerrard hadn't have pinged one in from 30 years in the last minute of the FA Cup Final, then he would be criticised with even more ferocity.

As has been said, if my aunty had balls, she'd be be my uncle.

It works both ways though. If Dudek hadn't have made a once in a lifetime save from Shevchenko in extra-time or Gerrard hadn't have pinged one in from 30 years in the last minute of the FA Cup Final, then he would be criticised with even more ferocity.

As has been said, if my aunty had balls, she'd be be my uncle.

Actually, Dudek made TWO once in a lifetime saves - one after the other - from Shevchenko in extra-time.

If your aunt had a set of testicles, she'd be your uncle, Jens.

I wouldn't completely rule out the probability of transgender deficiencies in Jens family.

In two.

He worried about a team rather than let them worry about us which is his modus operandi and always will be.

To be fair, it was a team who had taken us apart not too long before. He was right to be more cautious second time around - you don't repeat Istanbul - but that's not to say mistakes weren't made.

I wouldn't completely rule out the probability of transgender deficiencies in Jens family.

To be fair, it was a team who had taken us apart not too long before. He was right to be more cautious second time around - you don't repeat Istanbul - but that's not to say mistakes weren't made.

Taken us apart but we won.

We where a better team in Athens than Istanbul and Milan were the reverse.

They were there for the taking.