You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

You have an opinion.

Examples back up your opinion.

I have backed up why Carragher has been poor. Bar one goal against Birmingham it is hard to say when he's been at fault for a goal.

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess if you can't think of examples, just make up some shit.

Yes he can dive in too often, but it is hardly a regular occurance.

You're such a tart it's actually quite comical!

There's a big difference between sitting down and listing specific examples and not being arsed. If I wanted to, I could go back and analyse each game and list loads of examples where Skrtel has made a massive individual error, but I have one of those life things so i'll pass.

As Stringvest says, you build up a general consensus of someone's performance by watching the games and that's all it is.

Skrtel has been shite and Carra has been poor.

Carra in the team every time for me though.

Carra and Skrtel have both been poor and have been affected by the fact they don't have Xabi stood next to them, nor full backs who are arguably better defensively than the current ones.

Both need to improve at the minute and I've no doubt that they will do. Carra cos he's proved it many times before and Skrtel cos he's still only 24.

LFD mate, both Carra and Skrtel have been poor this season. In my opinion, Skrtel has been worse than Carra at times and you could easily argue vice versa.

There is no point in banging on about examples as our defense as a whole has been piss poor bar a very few games.

In my opinion, Carra should play as he is the organiser of our defense. If Agger is fit enough, he should partner Carra.

Or maybe you won't list examples, because there are very few.

More likely.

I'll give you two examples from our most recent match.

Skrtel was at fault for both goals conceded.

First goal: Outmuscled in the box and lost header.

Second goal: His very poor pass upfield went straigt to a Birmingham player, a few seconds later it was in the back of the net.

Granted, he isn't the only one to blame, but if he'd played his part better both goals would have been avoided.

It'll be good to see them play again after that fucking intershitional break, I loathe those breaks so much now. The downer is that even if we smash these up 5-0 it's consistency we need, so it'll barely mean anything to me apart from relief that we have the chance to get things moving again.

Everton and Blackburn away after this, (and the CL match obviously.) and even though it's one game at a time, we badly need to string stuff together now if we manage to get a result today. Hopefully we'll have the Torres back for next sunday, and again, IF we win today, there'll be a genuinely big chance to move on from this nightmare we've been having for so long.

Carra and Skrtel have both been poor and have been affected by the fact they don't have Xabi stood next to them, nor full backs who are arguably better defensively than the current ones.

The Alonso point is clear. The distribution from the back has been woeful this year, as there's no short ball to Xabi followed by him passing it forward.

I'll give you two examples from our most recent match.

Skrtel was at fault for both goals conceded.

First goal: Outmuscled in the box and lost header.

Second goal: His very poor pass upfield went straigt to a Birmingham player, a few seconds later it was in the back of the net.

Granted, he isn't the only one to blame, but if he'd played his part better both goals would have been avoided.

You could say that about every goal though. Carragher has clearly been pooier than Skrtel who has only been pooish by comparison.

You could say that about every goal though. Carragher has clearly been pooier than Skrtel who has only been pooish by comparison.

Negative, skrtel has been worse. Carragher has improved his form, whil skrtel is going backwards, worringly so. He's starting to look like he's afraid of opposition players now.

Negative, skrtel has been worse. Carragher has improved his form, whil skrtel is going backwards, worringly so. He's starting to look like he's afraid of opposition players now.

Carragher has improved the last few games, but to be fair early in the season he was playing like he was drunk so it's not a great surprise. Getting the balance right in the pairings with the full backs and the other center half partner is going to be as important as individual performances in determining who is going to first choice come the end of the season.

If Johnson continues to press on and Carragher continues to struggle one on one then Skrtel won't need to do very much to become a starter.