You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The world of a woman.

Ezekiel 25:17

Supposed to be watching a film tonight but she's spent the last (checks watch) 3 hours slagging off our brother in law with her sister as they're splitting up. Can't wait for them to patch things up and watch my missus squirm when she has to be nice to him despite her sister knowing my missus has called him "a fat lazy cunt with not a care in the world for his own kids."

Some from my boss today:-

Bloke on the other end of the phone makes a salient point, "You've knocked it on the head there." (she meant 'You've hit the nail on the head')

Our biggest client on the phone, "That's the crutch of the matter.", she's said this about three times now, she means 'crux'

Passes a load of work on to someone else, "They can eat their heart out." (she means they can 'fill their boots')

She's not stopped talking all day so I've probably missed a good few although she was talking about an abortion her mother in law had this morning, 'not sure how happy I would be if one of my relatives was sharing private information like that about me at their work but there you go.

It's called a malaphor when people get two sayings mixed up into one.

Or a malapropism when somebody uses the wrong but similar sounding word in a sentence (crutch of the matter)

Might be worth remembering for the future if you want to look like a smart arse.

• Upvote 1

Plans for the afternoon are to visit an open house across town and drop my daughter off in another part of town even farther away. Daughter needs to be there by 2:30 open house ends at 4, The wife and daughter argue back and forth for a bit about when to leave with my wife making constant changes of her mind. it's 1:10 when I say we'll take to her friends first and see the house on the way home. All agree. I tell my wife we'll have to leave by 2:10 she agrees. 1:25 she looks at me will I have time to wash my hair? I reply that I have no idea how long she needs to wash her hair, all I know is we have to leave at 2:10.

Of course that prompted the death stare on her way out the room to the shower.

Plans for the afternoon are to visit an open house across town and drop my daughter off in another part of town even farther away. Daughter needs to be there by 2:30 open house ends at 4, The wife and daughter argue back and forth for a bit about when to leave with my wife making constant changes of her mind. it's 1:10 when I say we'll take to her friends first and see the house on the way home. All agree. I tell my wife we'll have to leave by 2:10 she agrees. 1:25 she looks at me will I have time to wash my hair? I reply that I have no idea how long she needs to wash her hair, all I know is we have to leave at 2:10.

Of course that prompted the death stare on her way out the room to the shower.

Haha. You've done well there. I end up getting sucked in with "well how long does it take to wash your hair?" and before I know it I'm tangled in a web of over complication and confusion.

We were both getting ready to go out for a meal on Saturday evening, she's in the shower and I'm having a shave.

She uses up the end of one bottle of shower gel and then starts the next, but being a total klutz she drops the new one breaking the lid. As she gets out the shower she tells me the new bottle of shower gel is leaking because she had broken the lid on it. I told her they were both exactly the same and to just swap them over.

I then watched her take the unbroken lid off the empty bottle and spend 20 minutes squeezing the shower gel from the bottle with the broken lid into the empty bottle. 

I didn't have the heart to tell her (I was enjoying it far too much!) and just loved watching every minute of her squeezing the bottle and then having to stop and wait for the shower gel to work it's way back down so she could squeeze more in.

I fought like crazy to not just piss myself laughing - but totally lost it when she then took the broken lid off the 'new' bottle to rinse it out for the recycling.

• Upvote 5

We were both getting ready to go out for a meal on Saturday evening, she's in the shower and I'm having a shave.

She uses up the end of one bottle of shower gel and then starts the next, but being a total klutz she drops the new one breaking the lid. As she gets out the shower she tells me the new bottle of shower gel is leaking because she had broken the lid on it. I told her they were both exactly the same and to just swap them over.

I then watched her take the unbroken lid off the empty bottle and spend 20 minutes squeezing the shower gel from the bottle with the broken lid into the empty bottle.

I didn't have the heart to tell her (I was enjoying it far too much!) and just loved watching every minute of her squeezing the bottle and then having to stop and wait for the shower gel to work it's way back down so she could squeeze more in.

I fought like crazy to not just piss myself laughing - but totally lost it when she then took the broken lid off the 'new' bottle to rinse it out for the recycling.

This is fucking brilliant.

Not sure whether this should go in the have a rant thread or this one. My Mrs two mates are a pair of self absorbed twats who seem to think being ill is some form of competition.

My Mrs got rushed to hospital on Thursday after she thought she had a heart attack. We've been under pressure a lot recently and she's had the added worry of putting her mum in a care home.

I had taken the day off already and we planned to take my daughter out but we spent the entire day at the hospital waiting for ecg and blood tests to confirm whether she was OK. Luckily she was OK and the doctors put it down to stress and anxiety. She was ordered to have a few days rest.

Anyway, one of her mates whatsapped her asking her what she was doing next week and if she wanted to meet up. This woman always needs to be entertained and usually just talks about herself non stop.

My Mrs replies and explains what happened and that she will be spending the week relaxing or sleeping. But instead of asking her how she is the other mate just dismisses everything she says and just says "I'll probably do the same next week as I haven't been well myself". Not how are you, are you OK. Fuck all. Then the other one replies and tells her about how she got rushed to hospital 6 years ago. Absolute pair of cunts, the first thought in both of their heads was to outdo her and make it about them.

• Upvote 1

Just had a blazing row with a stupid woman while I was watching JC on the Marr program.

He called him a coward a proceed to say how brave and strong May was. I countered her nonsense by asking how dropping bombs on Syria could in any way be good for the population. Of which half a million are already dead.

9 11 was then mentioned with the implication that US lives are more relevant than Arabs. Apparently the population in the Middle East are responsible for their own situation Told her to fuck off which produced tears and she is now off to church. Fucking hypocrite.

Went out for the morning with the wife, mother in law and wife’s Grandma. Was supposed to be a nice morning taking her Grandma out from the home and then go for Sunday dinner.

All three of them fell out each other, taking it in turns to gang up in pairs on the other one for a bit.

It was like being out with 3 brat children and all three said I was rude for wandering off and just walking around the garden centre on my own.

Fucking witches.

Yeah I've heard of those Col. Surely if she wanted to start using one she should just go ahead, not sure why she needs a second opinion. Especially from a bloke.

She wants to help the environment then fair enough, there's just no fucking need to ask me, what possible opinion could I give her?

Advice for ladies.

When someone casually asks you how are you doing. It is just small talk, politeness, like saying hello. It gives the impression that you care for someone else’s wellbeing.

The reality is that the person asking could not give a flying fuck and certainly does not want a detailed explanation of your state of mind followed by hourly updates to keep him updated.

• Upvote 1