You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What constitutes the perfect cooked breakfast?

ISeeRed

Beans with a full English?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Beans with a full English?

• Aye, bean me up, Scotty.
    • Nay, poke your beans up your bum, one at a time.

2 hours ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

Breakfast al fresco.

out of mushrooms, annoyingly, but otherwise pretty pleased with this start to the day.

F6C7BDED-918B-4B8F-A025-B6E97FB131AC.jpeg

We are all self isolating and your swanning round Rose Wests for brekkie willy nilly. 

1 hour ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

On the plus side, the eggs looked like they're done to perfection and there's a good quantity.

On the minus side, it all looks very dry. Don't know if it's been overcooked or because there's no bean or tomato juices.

That toast also looks like it's well done but.........

The eggs were superb and provided a fine amount of runny yolk which accompanied the black pudding tremendously. 

the tomatoes were juicy but the bacon was too dried out and the beans could’ve done with more juice. A fair critique on the whole.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Pidge said:

Four rashers of smoked and two black pudding, nice big breakfast sandwich. Grilled to perfection. Only miss-steps were putting the toast on the same setting I use for crumpets so it was slightly overdone and ran out of brown sauce so used BBQ.

No pics because when I put it on a plate it bounced right down my gullet.

BBQ sauce on a breakfast sanrnie, you durty fucker.

• Upvote 3

As I had made Turkish bread I decided to look for something to have with it for breakfast. I came across a dish called Cilbir; room temperature Greek yoghurt with garlic paprika and dill with 2 fried eggs on top and drizzled in a paprika, chilli and cumin infused butter. Very quick to put together and very nice

IMG_20200418_080136.jpg

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

24 minutes ago, Remmie said:

As I had made Turkish bread I decided to look for something to have with it for breakfast. I came across a dish called Cilbir; room temperature Greek yoghurt with garlic paprika and dill with 2 fried eggs on top and drizzled in a paprika, chilli and cumin infused butter. Very quick to put together and very nice

IMG_20200418_080136.jpg

No sausage, no black pudding, no bacon, no beans = not a ‘brekkie’

The weekend is here, the only thing that keeps me tracking the days at the moment is counting down for Saturday and Sunday to have a breakie. I discovered a bean shortage in my lockdown cupboard. Sausage and bacon were sourced at my local butcher, the black pudding and eggs from Aldi - the eggs were fucking great, golden yoke speciality or something, but I'd avoid the black pudding in future, it was ok but there's better. As always my butcher's stuff is great. 

As an aside, I discovered the bury black pudding lot now do a chilli one. Now I'm not advocating it on a breakfast, spice on a breakfast is for mentally disturbed people and Mexicans, but it was really tasty. I did it on a BBQ - it's not overly overly spicy, you know it's black pudding and the chilli is just a little booster in there. I would get it again and it was brilliant broken in to a roll with a sausage . 

IMG_20200418_122530.jpg

• Upvote 16

18 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

The weekend is here, the only thing that keeps me tracking the days at the moment is counting down for Saturday and Sunday to have a breakie. I discovered a bean shortage in my lockdown cupboard. Sausage and bacon were sourced at my local butcher, the black pudding and eggs from Aldi - the eggs were fucking great, golden yoke speciality or something, but I'd avoid the black pudding in future, it was ok but there's better. As always my butcher's stuff is great. 

As an aside, I discovered the bury black pudding lot now do a chilli one. Now I'm not advocating it on a breakfast, spice on a breakfast is for mentally disturbed people and Mexicans, but it was really tasty. I did it on a BBQ - it's not overly overly spicy, you know it's black pudding and the chilli is just a little booster in there. I would get it again and it was brilliant broken in to a roll with a sausage . 

IMG_20200418_122530.jpg

Pretty decent that Barry

26 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

IMG_20200418_122530.jpg

Letting the pro-bean majority down there Barold, looks good but would look so much better with beans.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

54 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

IMG_20200418_122530.jpg

Looks good that. 

Only question is when are you going to finish buttering your toast?

4 hours ago, Remmie said:

IMG_20200418_080136.jpg

Cum infused butter? No for me. You veggies are an odd bunch.

1 hour ago, Barry Wom said:

IMG_20200418_122530.jpg

It's a bean-free masterpiece.

*wipes tear*

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Barry Wom said:

IMG_20200418_122530.jpg

The plate isn’t great but the food looks lovely. Welcome to a bean free existence. May the odds forever be in your favour 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Barry Wom said:

IMG_20200418_122530.jpg

There you have it, Ladies & Gentlemen. The Future!

No beans and suddenly everything is better

The bread looks shite and could do with some quality fungi but very good

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Barry Wom said:

IMG_20200418_122530.jpg

Toast is underdone but the rest of it looks sound. I’d want mushrooms and tomatoes, obviously. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Remmie said:

IMG_20200418_080136.jpg

Looks good that Rem. 

9 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

Looks like you did the toast with a hair dryer.

9 hours ago, belarus said:

Looks good that. 

Only question is when are you going to finish buttering your toast?

8 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

After he toasts it.

It's a fried slice, so it required no toasting or buttering. 

• Upvote 2