You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was awful against Villa. I've defended Babel since he got here, I still think he's been strangely treated by the manager, but he's shown nothing in the way of improvement in that time either. Enough is enough.

His 20 mins or so the other day consisted of a couple of wild, mis-hit shots (they must fly in in training for him to have some many attempts in matches....) and some hesitant, going nowhere type play with the ball at his feet.

I did hold out a bit of hope but think now it's never going to happen for him at LFC, especially working under a 'tactician' type in Rafa. Babel needs a change of club.

Agree with all that. I'd also add that he's the laziest non-Communist I've ever happened upon.

Sky Sports | Football News | Premier League | Liverpool | Babel open to Ajax return

Liverpool winger Ryan Babel admits he may have to consider a loan move to former club Ajax in January to boost his World Cup hopes.

Babel has struggled to make a sustained impact since joining Liverpool from Ajax two years ago and was recently challenged to take his game up a level by manager Rafa Benitez.

The Holland international started the Reds' opening match of this season against Tottenham, but has subsequently made just one late substitute's appearance in the defeat by Aston Villa.

The 22-year-old is unhappy with his limited outings so far this term and believes promises have been broken.

"There have been a lot of things promised, but they haven't been followed up," Babel told De Telegraaf.

"I would get to play for more minutes and have more chances, but after the first defeat, I only lost my place."

A return to Ajax has been mooted and Babel believes a temporary deal in the January transfer window could provide his best chance of securing a place in Holland's squad for next summer's World Cup.

He added: "I think half a season at Ajax with a view to the World Cup wouldn't be a bad idea. I can add something to the Ajax squad.

"Loaning me out was not an option (in the summer). Now we have agreed to review the situation in January.

"I see the current situation as a signal that I really have to get playing."

-----------

Ta-ra.

Had his chances and not taken them.

He doesn't deserve to be in the team infront of Yossi or Riera and not good enough to challenge Torres as a striker.

Maybe if when he came on he looked like he was actually bothered then maybe he might get a chance.

Rafa dropped a bollock with this kid and whilst i admit he had looked good for Holland when i first looked once we had signed him he just does not have the heart to play for a top team.

Maybe if when he came on he looked like he was actually bothered then maybe he might get a chance.

I don't think this is true.

He worked extremely hard in pre season.

OK he had a poor game against Spurs, he wasn't the only one. Think he deserves a chance to play in a position which might suit him, where it clearly doesn't on the left.

He has played on the left before signing for us and plays on the left for Holland so does it seem too much of a surprise we then play him there.

He had a decent pre-season against minnows but at this stage of his Premiership career he should be tearing the opposition full back to pieces.

When he wants to he can and he recently had a very good game against Glenn Johnson when Holland played England and when he played against Madrid but we need consistant performers who can play week in week out to a high standard.

He was shocking against Spurs, unable to control the ball and offered zero protection to Insua at left back.

Like i said he has had his chances but if at the start of his third season at the club he still isn't performing to the standard required then he never will.

OK he had a poor game against Spurs, he wasn't the only one. Think he deserves a chance to play in a position which might suit him, where it clearly doesn't on the left.

Which position suits him do you think? He played on the left for Ajax and plays on the left for Holland. But at Liverpool it is Rafa's fault for playing him out of position?

Fuck him. Lazy cunt.

Don't let the door hit your arse on the way out, Ryan.

I have said earlier in the thread.

As I said, he played left at Ajax and for Holland.

He doesn't even have 5% of the character Dirk shows on the right.

Everyone knows he has the pace but how many times have we seen him beat a player and go past him? You can probably count with one hand.

Having pace and potential means fuck all if the player doesn't have a heart and desire. We have played 4 games and it looks like he has already talked about going back to Ajax once this summer and again now. He is probably counting his days for January.

As I said, fuck him.

I don't know where you get that, he ran around a bit but he didn't exactly dazzle, or at least I don't recall him standing out. Yossi and Dirk were the players working hardest in pre-season for me, and Babel certainly didn't strike me as someone who should be picked ahead of either of them.

I can forgive him poor games, everyone has them and Gerrard, Torres and Carragher have all stunk the place out already this season. What I can't forgive is someone who doesn't even look like they can make the effort and when Babel has had a chance in competitive games this season, yet again he has not even put in a half-shift.

As for his best position not being on the left, well that's a myth isn't it? He played on the left at Ajax. He plays on the left for Holland. Surprise fucking surprise, we're playing him on the left. If he was so fucking great as a striker then he would get a game there, it's not as if we have quality cover is it?

I think in the past he has been lazy.

But judging him in pre season and against Spurs, I don't think he didn't work any less hard than anyone else, he just didn't perform... but I don't think he will on the left.

Babel first and foremost sees himself as a striker and moaned about it so was given a chance against Crewe and stunk the place out.

You could say this was only one game but against a team like Crewe he should have ripped them apart instead was as shite as usual.

He has hates playing on the right and has clearly sulked in the past when asked to go out there.

He is played by every team he has played for on the left hence us playing him there and if he got his loan move in January then Ajax will play him on the left.

He was told at the end of last season he could leave the club if a suitable bid came in but that never did so he was then told by Rafa to knuckle down and he had one last chance to prove that he is good enough.

I would say his performance against Spurs and his omission from the team completely shows he is not good enough.

Tell you what pisses me off. In all the time he has been here, he has not played a single reserve game as far as I can recall.

He should be playing reserve games, so they can try him out in different positions and for him to build some confidence by playing well and scoring goals. It would also help keep him sharp, rather than the one game a month he seems to be getting. And if he's shit in those games, then fuck him right off.

Same goes for other squad players too.

Tell you what pisses me off. In all the time he has been here, he has not played a single reserve game as far as I can recall.

He should be playing reserve games, so they can try him out in different positions and for him to build some confidence by playing well and scoring goals. It would also help keep him sharp, rather than the one game a month he seems to be getting. And if he's shit in those games, then fuck him right off.

Same goes for other squad players too.

That's a good point.

Benitez doesn't seem to like building players confidence up does he?!

A good run in the reserves or on loan and we really might see him thrive. He seems to give the players 'tough love' - "take your opportunity, otherwise you're out of the team... take it next time." I think that's good in a way, however not all players can cope with this method, some need an arm round their shoulder or games to build up confidence and form.

I think Babel should go on loan, it's not like we really need him at present and he can be recalled if needed. Someone like Villa would be perfect for him, where we can see him in this league, he'll get regular games hopefully and he should be able to use his pace to full advantage on the big pitch at Villa Park.