You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

All new transfer speculation 09

Megadrive Man

Fucking hell lance, we are only 4 points off 4th place. Selling a bunch of players without replacing them is a great way to guarantee that we don't qualify for the CL. I certainly haven't given up on that yet and would be appalled if the club had.

I haven't even given up on 3rd place yet, call me crazy......

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then Rafa walks a very thin line Ste, Curbishley is hated by the West Ham fans, because they already have major money problems.

Imagine the supporters of this club who dont really give a fuck about the owners, seeing Rafa taking Liverpool to court to win money because he would not sell Babel for £9m, He would be fucking hated by most.

I think Purslow and the Yanks are playing a very good game.

Do you think that both camps (ie. Rafa on one side, and Purslow and the Yanks on the other) are leaking stories to the media of late to suit their agendas?

Tony Barrett in The Times and Paul Joyce in the Daily Express for example have both claimed that any monies recouped through player sales will not be reinvested in the playing squad, while Dave Maddock in the Mirror claims that "Liverpool fans have genuine cause for optimism in 2010" and praises Christian Purslow claiming that the new stadium project will commence this year.

There is too much spin and Propaganda coming out of Liverpool FC for my liking.

I get that bit, but it shouldn't mean that the money from those sales goes to pay off the interest payments.. If that is the case, I would rather keep Babel, as frustating as he is, at some stage of the season he will pop up with the odd goal, the odd pass, the odd assist. I'd rather that than the Yanks receive a single cent from his sale.

you are aware that the yanks ran the club at a £40m loss last year right?

if the same again this year we will go into administration - ie the banks will not agree their re-finance

we need additional investment - the best way to attract this is to have a healthy balance sheet - not necessarily the best players on the pitch

admittedly this is a bit of an oxymoron given that we are a football club who are traditionally judged by success on the pitch

with the 2 cunts in charge things are going to get worse before they get better

you are aware that the yanks ran the club at a £40m loss last year right?

if the same again this year we will go into administration - ie the banks will not agree their re-finance

we need additional investment - the best way to attract this is to have a healthy balance sheet - not necessarily the best players on the pitch

admittedly this is a bit of an oxymoron given that we are a football club who are traditionally judged by success on the pitch

with the 2 cunts in charge things are going to get worse before they get better

i thought the club ran at a profit last year. kop football ltd or whatever they call it lost money.

i thought the club ran at a profit last year. kop football ltd or whatever they call it lost money.

while the yanks own the club their loss is the club's loss in my eyes

if they do succeed in selling the club they will need to reduce the debt on Kop holdings (or whichever one it is that they use as their main registered company) as well as the club advancing re: off field profits

Indeed. I was merely giving the bare minimum for CL qualification. Obviously we needed to sort our shit out, but there are shoots of hope with Gerrard and Torres becoming more recognisable.

I'm expecting the worst, really. Tottenham and Man City have deeper squads, better records right now, and are playing better football.

Liverpool striker Andriy Voronin is discussing a cancellation of his Anfield contract, but will not be returning to Hertha Berlin, according to the Ukraine international's agent.

Good business.

That will cost the club a few million, but it's still good news if he's permanently off the wage bill.

while the yanks own the club their loss is the club's loss in my eyes

if they do succeed in selling the club they will need to reduce the debt on Kop holdings (or whichever one it is that they use as their main registered company) as well as the club advancing re: off field profits

but a new investor wouldn't care about the money kop football makes, they're interested in how much money the club can generate. Hicks and Gillett's debt would be irrelevant unless the new investory bought a part of Kop football and not LFC.

This is a scenario that is worrying me at the moment.

Say Purslow is right, the debt is 250 million, the yanks think sell Mascherano, Gerrard and Torres for 150, and together with whatever profit made reduce the debt to say 50 million.

They then sell the club for 400 million, meaning they make about 150 million each. Is that a possibility?

but a new investor wouldn't care about the money kop football makes, they're interested in how much money the club can generate. Hicks and Gillett's debt would be irrelevant unless the new investory bought a part of Kop football and not LFC.

surely to buy the club they need to pay an amount that would cover the debts of GG&TH - or else no sale would be agreed?

on this principle a deal would be more attractive to a prospective buyer if overall debt (across all Kop companies and LFC) was reduced - no?

This is a scenario that is worrying me at the moment.

Say Purslow is right, the debt is 250 million, the yanks think sell Mascherano, Gerrard and Torres for 150, and together with whatever profit made reduce the debt to say 50 million.

They then sell the club for 400 million, meaning they make about 150 million each. Is that a possibility?

of course it is - but we would be a much less attractive purchase without Gerrard and Torres at the club

however if we fail to get 4th who knows what might happen to balance the books

surely to buy the club they need to pay an amount that would cover the debts of GG&TH - or else no sale would be agreed?

on this principle a deal would be more attractive to a propestive buyer if overall debt (across all Kop companies and LFC) was reduced - no?

I'm sure if a new buyer say purchased 25% of the club (not kop) for £100m, G & H could use that £100m how they choose within the guidlines they must surely have from RBS. The £100m would go to Kop, not LFC. However, I would imagine it would be used to reduce the debt of Kop as RBS would insist on it, but that would make no odds to how the books of LFC look. LFC's accounts are healthy now and they would be then - this is the problem we have, money that is genterated by LFC that could and should be used to enhance the playing staff of the club, is being pushed up as profit/dividends (not sure how that is done exactly) to a parent company who have no other source of income.

Guest PurpleNose
Is it true that this Chamark whatever his name is averages 1 in 5 goals in France?

Can't believe that? StevieH?

29 in 56 last season and this. Shit before that.

Is it true that this Chamark whatever his name is averages 1 in 5 goals in France?

Can't believe that? StevieH?

I dont rate him at all but many people do.

If we have bought Maxi,i would put Kuyt on the market.

Use the money for Richards at Man City as we have no right back.

He could also go in the middle as required.

Sign Santa Cruz on loan.

Keep an eye on Michael Johnson too.

If Babel is sold, and Rafa is allowed to use the cash, thats who id buy.

Players like him are gonna get lost in the melee at City.

Keep Degen, i think hes ok.

Guest PurpleNose
Marc Janko has a phenominal record we have been linked with him in the past. 5 hattricks so far this season.

Will be expensive though surely?

Marc Janko, RB Salzburg, 25 years old. The head of pyromaniacs, the craziest of torches, a ticking explosive bomb is what Janko was this season. With 41 goals to his name, the player on fire for this season, could not be cooled down all season long. The most impressive goal frenzy took place between the mid October and late February when he scored an incredible 21 goals and also provided three assists in only ten games.

Guest PurpleNose
I think Zigic was like this before he joined Valence might of been 1 in 3.

Torres was about 1 in 3 at Atletico.

Chamakh would be a decent signing I reckon.