You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

All new transfer speculation 09

Megadrive Man

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are plenty of "fans" that don't think there is anything wrong with the owners... Why doesn't Moores kick up a fuss? There are a lot of people we should be looking at before Stevie and Carra... They are not in a position to be able to say too much against their employers... While the people who are keep their mouths shut...

I've seen Rafa getting grief for not speaking out even though he did speak out the other week, as did Torres and Reina a few months ago.

Gerrard and Torres are in a better position than Rafa to kick up a fuss cos they are worth too much to be sacked.

Or is it we can only give Rafa for not saying anything?

I've seen Rafa getting grief for not speaking out even though he did speak out the other week, as did Torres and Reina a few months ago.

Gerrard and Torres are in a better position than Rafa to kick up a fuss cos they are worth too much to be sacked.

Or is it we can only give Rafa for not saying anything?

What is it that you want them to say?

Something like this..

We think it's a joke that a club as big as Liverpool aren't even allowed to spend the money they raise from sales, even after signing the biggest sponsorship dal in world football.

It would cause a shit storm in the media and everyone would knw the Yanks are cunts.

Every single fan would listen to them.

Something like this..

We think it's a joke that a club as big as Liverpool aren't even allowed to spend the money they raise from sales, even after signing the biggest sponsorship dal in world football.

It would cause a shit storm in the media and everyone would knw the Yanks are cunts.

Every single fan would listen to them.

If they tried this shit in Italy, the yanks would be dead already.

If Babel does end up there he'll use them as a stepping stone to a bigger club, we should accept £10m with a 20% sell on clause.

Is Babel really good enough to simply use them as a stepping stone to a bigger club?

I'm not sure there's much more in the locker that he can use to take that step up - his lack of heart will always work against him in the Prem.

Perhaps he'll do something in the dutch/French or German league.

Is Babel really good enough to simply use them as a stepping stone to a bigger club?

I'm not sure there's much more in the locker that he can use to take that step up - his lack of heart will always work against him in the Prem.

Perhaps he'll do something in the dutch/French or German league.

You don't think his agent will be telling him that? "Ryan, just use Birmingham now, have a good world cup and then we'll get a move to Italy or Spain...."

Babel beleives he's better than he is, his agent isn't going to tell him any different.

I agree with you though... Wherever he plays he'll continue to frustrate the fans with his attitude and every now and then he'll put in a performance which will sway some fans to thinking he'll come good.... He'll retire from football a very rich man, with nothing else to show I'd imagine.

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill

Anyone else think that the timing of The Times article and the club knocking back Birminghams offer are somehow linked?

I think it's fairly safe to assume that Rafa, contractually, has a say on who gets sold, so why if he isn't going to any money back would he want to weaken his squad further by selling Babel?

Howabout " instead of getting on Benitez back all the time , why dont you ask our owners why they are screwing the club for all they can get , and not investing anything in a club that narrowly missed out on the premiership only last season ? "

If our homegrown players cant or wont say anything , i have to wonder why .

Anyone else think that the timing of The Times article and the club knocking back Birminghams offer are somehow linked?

I think it's fairly safe to assume that Rafa, contractually, has a say on who gets sold, so why if he isn't going to any money back would he want to weaken his squad further by selling Babel?

Could it be that Rafa has been told he cant have Maxi without getting rid of Babel, Dossena , goldilocks and Deggen ?

Given we seem to be looking for good bargains.

Gallas is on a free at the end of the season. He won't be a long term signing at 32, however he can give us depth right across the back four.

Howabout " instead of getting on Benitez back all the time , why dont you ask our owners why they are screwing the club for all they can get , and not investing anything in a club that narrowly missed out on the premiership only last season ? "

If our homegrown players cant or wont say anything , i have to wonder why .

If the company you were working for had shit owners, would you as an employee come out against them... It's naive to think that Stevie or Carra would do what you have asked..

If the company you were working for had shit owners, would you as an employee come out against them... It's naive to think that Stevie or Carra would do what you have asked..

I dont see Lfc as your average "company".

I see no reason why the 2 players you mentioned can not stick the boot in to the Americans , what harm can come to them ?

I dont see Lfc as your average "company".

I see no reason why the 2 players you mentioned can not stick the boot in to the Americans , what harm can come to them ?

Why doesn't Kenny come out and say something? He has a lot less to lose than Carra and Stevie.... I think it unfair to single out those two players. As I have mentioned before, there are a lot of people out there past players who still have a high profile that could really put the boot in, but they don't...

In other news, Verons just gone on radio and said he's turned down a £7m move to Man City

I dont give a shit how well hes doing in Argentine, he's 34 years old. Fucking bonkers. Viera and Veron in centre mid?

Paul Ince and Roy Keane should expect a call from Mancini

I`d flog Doss, Voronin, Degan and Babel regardless of how little cover it leaves us. Our season is a near right off and I just want some of the shite out of the club. If the money goes back to the cunt owners then so be it. I rather that then have to watch Babel sulk or think about how much Voronin and Degan are earning for doing fuck all. At the very least, if the yanks do keep the money to knock off the debt, there is a slim chance they may fuck off quicker or be more attractive to a buyer.

We have hungry youngsters that should be able to cover for the players above anyway and I rather give them a go.

I`d flog Doss, Voronin, Degan and Babel regardless of how little cover it leaves us. Our season is a near right off and I just want some of the shite out of the club. If the money goes back to the cunt owners then so be it. I rather that then have to watch Babel sulk or think about how much Voronin and Degan are earning for doing fuck all. At the very least, if the yanks do keep the money to knock off the debt, there is a slim chance they may fuck off quicker or be more attractive to a buyer.

We have hungry youngsters that should be able to cover for the players above anyway and I rather give them a go.

:wallbutt::wallbutt::wallbutt::wallbutt:

I don't know where to start with this post. It's fucking frustrating at best... The money will be used towards paying the INTEREST on the debt not to pay off the debt, we'll have the same level of debt at on 1st Feb 2010 as we did when the window opened on 1st Jan 2010..

I can't be bothered with the rest of your post.

I don't know where to start with this post. It's fucking frustrating at best... The money will be used towards paying the INTEREST on the debt not to pay off the debt, we'll have the same level of debt at on 1st Feb 2010 as we did when the window opened on 1st Jan 2010..

I can't be bothered with the rest of your post.

My point is, atleast we would be shut of needless players

My point is, atleast we would be shut of needless players

I get that bit, but it shouldn't mean that the money from those sales goes to pay off the interest payments.. If that is the case, I would rather keep Babel, as frustating as he is, at some stage of the season he will pop up with the odd goal, the odd pass, the odd assist. I'd rather that than the Yanks receive a single cent from his sale.