You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bell's Paulsy

Walton Park

Small shock to the system yesterday. I spent most of last night and early hours in the A&E having woken up with no ability to move the right hand side of my face yesterday. Started on Friday night with my gum feeling numb but I put it down to particularly hot food I’d eaten.

Wemt to A&E as I thought I’d had a mini-stroke but was somewhat relieved to be diagnosed with Bell’s Palsy. After a battery of tests they also inadvertently found out my heart was racing and has an irregular beat (but not immediately dangerous) so had to stick around while they got my heart rate down via medication.

Anyway, now have a course of steroids and fingers crossed it’ll resolve itself. Bit of a wake-up health wise.

• Upvote 19

1 minute ago, Anubis said:

Small shock to the system yesterday. I spent most of last night and early hours in the A&E having woken up with no ability to move the right hand side of my face yesterday. Started on Friday night with mu guys feeling numb but I put it down to particularly hot food I’d eaten.

Wemt to A&E as I thought I’d had a mini-stroke but was somewhat relieved to be diagnosed with Bell’s Palsy. After a battery of tests they also i adverts found out my heart has an irregular near )but not immediately dangerous) so had to stick around while they got my heart rate down via medication.

Anyway, now have a course of steroids and fingers crossed it’ll resolve itself. Bit of a wake-up health wise.

All the best. At least you have a diagnosis and the appropriate treatment. 

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Small shock to the system yesterday. I spent most of last night and early hours in the A&E having woken up with no ability to move the right hand side of my face yesterday. Started on Friday night with my gum feeling numb but I put it down to particularly hot food I’d eaten.

Wemt to A&E as I thought I’d had a mini-stroke but was somewhat relieved to be diagnosed with Bell’s Palsy. After a battery of tests they also inadvertently found out my heart was racing and has an irregular beat (but not immediately dangerous) so had to stick around while they got my heart rate down via medication.

Best wishes mate.

50 minutes ago, Anubis said:

You'll be sound mate, you can start calling yourself 'Thor' or 'The Mountain' now after Haftor Bjornsson who has it himself.

1 hour ago, Anubis said:

Glad you're okay mate. Yeah you'll be fine now you're on the meds, I know a few people who had it, of all ages, and they're all fine now.

2 minutes ago, Trumo said:

Good to here you're on the mend. However, in true GF fashion, it is appropriate to take the piss a little. So, to that end:

You must have looked like Munch and Dali teamed up to share their art.

I was gonna say keep your chin up but thought it misplaced.

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Anubis said:

Hope your recovery is quick fella.

2 hours ago, Anubis said:

Sounds like you were impersonating an English sporting hero and the toast of last night's game. Bet you weren't dribbling as much though.

I hadn't seen this thread. I had this complaint when I was 16, missed my cousins wedding because of it. It heals itself and it should be nothing to worry about. Took me about a week I think with no time offf school if I remember correctly.(bollox)

No real problem other than feeling a bit of a twat for a few days.

3 hours ago, Anubis said:

Apologies, I should have responded to your post first, Anubis, rather than Angry, who should know better.

Hope it sorts itself quickly. I had it and it cleared up in a few days 

5 hours ago, Anubis said:

Get well soon.

BTW a mate of mine also got this recently and put it down to the Pfizer jab. He's literally the fittest guy I know and just turned 36.