You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Murdoch's Scum Credentials All In Order I See

Anubis

So far Paul Stephenson has stated that there is nothing wrong in police officers accepting gifts worth £12k, that he has 100% faith in his deputy although he blames him for most of the things that have gone wrong and that he just simply didn't know what was going on.

He's a shit policeman & even worse manager

So far Paul Stephenson has stated that there is nothing wrong in police officers accepting gifts worth £12k, that he has 100% faith in his deputy although he blames him for most of the things that have gone wrong and that he just simply didn't know what was going on.

He's a shit policeman & even worse manager

In fairness to him, I think he's been fucked by this Yates bloke. He seems to have relied on his judgement based upon Yates experience and position. Not sure that makes him a shit manager though to be honest. I think this Yates bloke is going to get crucified later. I suspect he is currently bricking it.

He's definitely been screwed over by Yates but he failed to supervise him properly. He's had regular indications since 2005 that something wasn't right in the information that Yates was telling him but not once did he check.

Fair enough but should the most senior police officer in the land really need to supervise and recheck the work of the second most senior officer in the land? He asked questions of Yates, which he should have done but obviously but I'm not sure he needed to do more to be honest.

Yates has cost him his job.

Agree, I've worked in a couple of companies where departments are run freely with little supervision however the bosses have always understood that ultimately they are responsible if it all goes pear-shaped. To be fair to Stephenson he has resigned so has played fair by the system.

The most depressing aspect is the general acceptance that a gift of £12k to a policeman can be justified

Anyone know what time the Murdochs are due up, might knock off work a bit early to watch it?

Vaz is doing a half decent job to be fair. Well worth watching IMO. Some people on the radio before claiming there is no public interest in this story. Not much. I'm hoping this goes all the way to the top of news international and that somehow the s@n gets involved and taken down with Murdoch and brooked as well. That's what I'm dreaming of anyway!

Anyone see that ex NOTW hack on BBC earlier, Paul Mcullen is it ?

He looked proper rough and was laying into Brooks when Im sure the other day on Newsnight he tried to defend her ?

I may have that wrong but did you see him ?

He's all over the place (still wearing the same bloody suit) on This morning a couple of weeks ago and sunday morning last week he was ripping into her relationship with Murdoch.

I'll be surprised if he doesn't 'disappear'.

He's all over the place (still wearing the same bloody suit) on This morning a couple of weeks ago and sunday morning last week he was ripping into her relationship with Murdoch.

He was wearing the exact same suit, and what was up with his face ?

Yep he'll disappear I have no doubt of that.

Fuck me Stephenson's horrible manc drone is awful.

And Ian Beales Gut - the Murdochs are up in front of a different commitee (Culture, Media, Sport) whereas this one is Home Affairs. John Whittingdale will be the chair for the Murdochs.

He was wearing the exact same suit, and what was up with his face ?

Yep he'll disappear I have no doubt of that.

Massive coke head. Allegedly.

He'll 'OD' no doubt in the next couple of weeks.

Commons Speaker John Bercow has refused to allow a new vote to enable Labour MP Cathy Jamieson to sit on the culture committee, which will question Rupert and James Murdoch. Her appointment to the committee was blocked by a Tory MP last night. A point of order was raised by the shadow leader of the House Hilary Benn, seeking a change to the timetable to allow a vote before the committee starts, but Mr Bercow said he was unable to do this.