You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

You know what?.....Fuck you

Antynwa

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I left Tom's thread alone but this thread is too far.

He was never a genius. Never. He sung, danced and wrote a few good pop tunes. He stopped being any good in 1984, that's 25 years ago. Since then he's turned out dross after dross sucked up by people who wouldn't know a good tune if it was served to them as peas on a plate of pie and mash with the peas lined up saying 'This is a good tune'.

ABBA stopped in 1981, they knew when to stop. In terms of pop music their pop tune ratio to Jacksons is frightfully embarrassing compared the 'King of Pop'. Sure they couldn't dance or rely on Quincy Jones but they far outweighed him in terms of good pop songs (that they wrote).

Jackson's music died over 25 years ago. What followed was embarrassing.

He was a star but a car crash of one relying on former glories. That aint enough.

You know what? Prince is better. By a fucking mile. And he didnt fuck himself up with plastic surgery. Or invite boys into his bed. He was too busy inserting his massive cock into the ladies. And he can play the guitar. Brilliantly. He's just a far better artist than Michael Jackson. And that is a fact.

[YOUTUBE]T8fjo9JYrjc[/YOUTUBE]

Shamone motherfucker.

:lol: dont kid yourself.

Prince was a great artist but he did not fucking change the face of music like MJ did.

GENRES stemmed from MJs music, he is a fucking genius.

Prince was a great artist but only a select few are ever going to be on the same level as the king.

The OP was hilariously hysterical, but this world did fuck all to give back to a person who gave us loads. He was struggling for the last 10 years of his life, people just wanted to kick him whilst he was down. He deserved one last curtain call, thats undeniable.

I left Tom's thread alone but this thread is too far.

He was never a genius. Never. He sung, danced and wrote a few good pop tunes. He stopped being any good in 1984, that's 25 years ago. Since then he's turned out dross after dross sucked up by people who wouldn't know a good tune if it was served to them as peas on a plate of pie and mash with the peas lined up saying 'This is a good tune'.

ABBA stopped in 1981, they knew when to stop. In terms of pop music their pop tune ratio to Jacksons is frightfully embarrassing compared the 'King of Pop'. Sure they couldn't dance or rely on Quincy Jones but they far outweighed him in terms of good pop songs (that they wrote).

Jackson's music died over 25 years ago. What followed was embarrassing.

He was a star but a car crash of one relying on former glories. That aint enough.

Your kid will grow up loving MJs music.

His kid will grow up loving MJs music.

Who's kid will also grow up loving MJs music.

You could never make anything as timeless as MJ, so I find it hilarious you (nobody) suggest what he did was not remarkable.

Your post also makes no point. ABBA on the same level as MJ? :lol: :lol:

The barriers MJ broke down were fucking ridiculous.

EDIT: ABBA made one type of song, pop, and they MJ probably inspired more artists with one song than they did with their whole discography. Hip Hop, RnB, Pop, Disco, Soul - all of these genres took from MJ. MJ gave more to everybody, music, than ABBA ever did.

EDIT2: He stopped being good in 1984? :lol: :lol: :lol: Before We are the world (Which lead to Live Aid being formed?), before the girl is mine, before say say say? Before the Bad album? 2009 MJ would look sane in comparison with you.

Edited by FrenchEyeGlass

They'll be introduced to loads of music. Jackson and Abba will probably feature. Jackson probably less though unless they get into 'best of the early 80's' Chart CDs, for which they'll be shot.

Am I having a boy?

The barriers MJ broke down were fucking ridiculous . . . Hip Hop, RnB, Pop, Disco, Soul.

OK, that bits true. Again, thanks to Quincy Jones but him being black broke some barriers. Oh until he no longer fancied being black.

He stopped being good in 1984? :lol: :lol: :lol: Before We are the world (Which lead to Live Aid being formed?), before the girl is mine, before say say say? Before the Bad album? 2009 MJ would look sane in comparison with you

Well I stand corrected there, what with Band Aid in 84 and WATW in 85. Still, let's not let facts get into the way. Say say say, the girl is mine and the Bad album, it was shit, all of it.

Who's kid will also grow up loving MJs music.

You could never make anything as timeless as MJ, so I find it hilarious you (nobody) suggest what he did was not remarkable.

Your post also makes no point. ABBA on the same level as MJ? :lol: :lol:

The barriers MJ broke down were fucking ridiculous.

EDIT: ABBA made one type of song, pop, and they MJ probably inspired more artists with one song than they did with their whole discography. Hip Hop, RnB, Pop, Disco, Soul - all of these genres took from MJ. MJ gave more to everybody, music, than ABBA ever did.

EDIT2: He stopped being good in 1984? :lol: :lol: :lol: Before We are the world (Which lead to Live Aid being formed?), before the girl is mine, before say say say? Before the Bad album? 2009 MJ would look sane in comparison with you.

Did it fuck!!

I actually think he was a great entertainer, but WHAT exactly did he give to the world? A bit of music, that people paid for and made him fucking rich beyond most people's wildest dreams only for him to spend it on becoming the ultimate racist!!!

Did it fuck!!

I actually think he was a great entertainer, but WHAT exactly did he give to the world? A bit of music, that people paid for and made him fucking rich beyond most people's wildest dreams only for him to spend it on becoming the ultimate racist!!!

What the fuck are you on about?

He has given more the charity than the net worth of this whole forum. He has probably given more to charity than you could buy our club for.

And how the fuck is he racist? Because he had vitiligo?

Vitiligo Photos: (and/or Lupus) Michael Jackson « THE FLOACIST

Hardly backing your argument up there really as all the tunes mentioned there are shite on toast, especially that fucking abomination that was We are the World.

They'll be introduced to loads of music. Jackson and Abba will probably feature. Jackson probably less though unless they get into 'best of the early 80's' Chart CDs, for which they'll be shot.

Am I having a boy?

OK, that bits true. Again, thanks to Quincy Jones but him being black broke some barriers. Oh until he no longer fancied being black.

Well I stand corrected there, what with Band Aid in 84 and WATW in 85. Still, let's not let facts get into the way. Say say say, the girl is mine and the Bad album, it was shit, all of it.

You know what i mean about the kid shit. His music is timeless.

Sorry, you say that his music is only an inspiration due to Quincy Jones, could you please show me the credits to Prince's and ABBAs album?

Because they obviously didn't have producers did they? Oh wait, they did.

The bad album was shit? Despite it having five number 1 singles, MORE THAN ANY OTHER ALBUM IN HISTORY?

And how about Dangerous? Was that shit too? Despite giving us 'Do you remember the time', Black and white and the like?

Again, this whole 'didn't fancy being black' is bullshit, he suffered from vitiligo.

Hardly backing your argument up there really as all the tunes mentioned there are shite on toast, especially that fucking abomination that was We are the World.

How the hell is the Bad album shit on toast? it had more number 1 singles than any other album in the HISTORY of fucking music.

Okay say say say and the girl is mine arent world beaters just came to the top of my head.

Say what you want about Michael Jackson but he was never about money. His fortune of £200m is relatively small compared to other great artists, I think Bowie is worth about three times that, as is McCartney. (I think Bowie has always been good with money though, he bought the rights to his own music pretty early on and earns pretty much 100% from each sale, whereas the Stones get about 40p)

He also forked out the cash for The Thriller video himself, and according to a show I watched the other night, many of his concerts weren't economically viable because he insisted on such expensive set pieces (including using a rocket pack!)

A truly great showman, people rave on about Thriller but Smooth Criminal is probably my favourite ever video, you don't see videos like that from anyone else. Also, they had a choreographer on yesterday talking about how he always made his dancers look shit on stage - can't argue with that either.

He was just fucking boss.

You know what i mean about the kid shit. His music is timeless.

Sorry, you say that his music is only an inspiration due to Quincy Jones, could you please show me the credits to Prince's and ABBAs album?

Because they obviously didn't have producers did they? Oh wait, they did.

The bad album was shit? Despite it having five number 1 singles, MORE THAN ANY OTHER ALBUM IN HISTORY?

And how about Dangerous? Was that shit too? Despite giving us 'Do you remember the time', Black and white and the like?

Again, this whole 'didn't fancy being black' is bullshit, he suffered from vitiligo.

Look if he did have a skin condition, he has my sympathy. It still doesnt excuse the shit he released after.

'MORE THAN ANY OTHER ALBUM IN HISTORY? ' Spice Girls have some record in the UK don't they? Cool.

I can't be arsed arguing it, you're a fan that likes that kind of music. It's a taste thing, and with that, I'm out.

Carry on grieving.

How the hell is the Bad album shit on toast? it had more number 1 singles than any other album in the HISTORY of fucking music.

Okay say say say and the girl is mine arent world beaters just came to the top of my head.

That automatically makes it good then does it? how many number one's have westlife had then? by that rationale, does that make them boss as well?

Here's my take on it for what it's worth. An obviously exceptional talent (off the wall and thriller are groundbreaking albums) who didn't release anything worthwhile (bar the occasional half decent single) from 1983 til his death. The dross seriously outweighs the decent after thriller.

I used to work with a girl who was utterly obsessed with Jacko and you could not have a sane discussion about music because as soon as you mentioned something that you felt was sub standard by him, she flew into a rage. It was alright her saying something you liked was garbage but god help you if you had the temerity to critiscise our Lord Michael. Some people on here are going the same way. He was a talented musician who lived on reputation for half of his life. He's dead now, life goes on.

You're really not grasping this concept are you.

Shifting sales units doesn't automatically equal quality. It might equal sales and marketing quality, but not musical quality.

Are you seriously telling me that the Bad album is not quality?

Your completely right, afterall, J Dilla was an amazing artist but never shifted units, but my post was in response to..

''the bad album is shit on toast''

I mean tahts ridiculous.

Are you seriously telling me that the Bad album is not quality?

Your completely right, afterall, J Dilla was an amazing artist but never shifted units, but my post was in response to..

''the bad album is shit on toast''

I mean tahts ridiculous.

The clue is in the album title.

Edited by Total Longo

Im not disputing he fell off in the 90s, he did.

But he only failed to live up to his own standards, because even his dross completely pissed over other artists.

Butterflies from Invincible is one of these supposed dross tracks, yet id defy people to suggest an RnB track at the same time as good?