You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Lets Stamp It Out Now

Anubis

I refer, of course, to the practice of playing some bloody awful song when the team scores, that seems to have been adopted at Bolton and Wolves.

The Wolves fans are so fucking pathetic, that they even sing/hum along to it. Sad deluded bastards. Mind you, they'll get few chances to do it before they're packed off back to the Nationwide come May.

Totally agree, I hate music being played when a goal is scored, bloody awful. All these fireworks, rolling advertisement boards, large screens have no place at football grounds. If people want that why not stay at home in front of the tele with the radio on.

Have to say the woman who was hit by that firework at wolves is in a bad state. You would think having to watch wolves all season is enough punishment for anyone.

Would love to know what compensation she will get, imagine she strolls in and the offer her a s.t. for life

:what:

I agree. I was in the US at the weekend and went to an Ice Hockey game, unbefuckinlievable, they prompt the crowd to sing all through the game, loud sirens when the home team score, play music at any opportunity and have scantily clad girls trying to get the crowd going (maybe not a bad thing, fit as fuck :laugh: ), worse still, they stop play about every 6 minutes for a commercial break......three 20 minute periods lasted over 3 f#ckin hours!!!

Music after goals is definitely a step in the WRONG direction!!!

I know Bamo, we should not joke about things like this, in a few years we could easily see dancing girls and a brass band (american football style) at Anfield. Now that we've let our standards slip with the scoreboard anything could happen.

There could be 9 dancers, each one could have a letter of the word liverpool on their back and and and

:no

OK I'm gonna stop now before I really get wound up.

Hockey games in 70s and early 80s used to great- no ads on the boards, organ music- like real live organ music and the buildings used to be fuckin' loud. Players used to jump in the stands to fight, you could throw beer and not get tossed from the game (I never threw beer-too precious) yell and heckle. Now, if you stand up and heckle they ask you to leave- you know some corporate fuck paid 200 bucks and doesn't want to hear a real fan heckling. The old Chicago Stadium you couldn't hear. Now all the buildings are new and antiseptic. Chicago only get about 12000 now. Chicago used to have a fog horn and now many teams have copied it- whenever someone scores a goal you hear music and a foghorn- not the crowd. I was shocked to find teams in English football have mascots. The same thing is starting to happen now. Only a matter of time before theres a Larry Liverbird dancing the sidelines with a banner saying "LIV_ERP_DOUBLEO_L LIVERPOOL" . There'll be ads in the centre circle, ads on the posts. Mascots, cheerleaders, scoreboards, costumes, fireworks,- its a circus, not a football match.

Only real hockey stadium left in MSG, go up in the rafters with the locals fuckin hell they are loud, proud and say what they want.

Never want to see mascot, cheerleaders or anything at our beloved Anfield.

But I wonder if we get a new stadium, if things may change, must be wary of that!:dunno:

Beware the new stadium- it'll have a huge scordeboard to sell ads on. MSG is the last great hockey arena for sure.Baseball though still has Wrigley and Fenway and Yankee Stadium- gotta love Yank fans tossing batteries. Green Bay still has Lambeau Field. The Packers are the closest thing US football has to Liverpool- the stadium, Vince Lomabardi, community owned and run. Anfield and Shanks are the equivalent.