You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

A thread about a man named Xabi

dave u

What to do?  

239 members have voted

1. 1. What to do?

• Buy Dave House, Gerrard centre mid, go 442.
    • Buy Augero, Gerrard centre mid, stay 4231.
    • Gerrard in the hole, buy centre mid, stay 4231
    • Don’t care, kill Rafa, burn down RBS

Of course I wouldn't, but then again, no one else talks as much shite as he does

If you really think that Andy and you don't enjoy reading his posts then why don't, you know, use the ignore facility rather than quote nearly his every post. Jobs a good un.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry mate. It was my really shit attempt at ironic humour to lighten the mood somewhat. I didn't mean it literally.

I probably just mis-interpreted it. We can all learn from your self critizism though.

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill
Ignorance is bliss.

I'd rather pull him up on his constant and incessant shite to be honest

If i'm in the minority then so be it, not arsed, they can ban me instead, if that what it takes

I'd rather pull him up on his constant and incessant shite to be honest

If i'm in the minority then so be it, not arsed, they can ban me instead, if that what it takes

I quite like reading Rashid's posts to be honest. Now I know for a fact I am in a minority on that one. You know you aren't so why say you are in the minority Andy when you know quite clearly that isn't the case and you know for a fact that loads will back you up when you do quote Rashid's post, the usual suspects will be there to backslap you and congratulate you on a job well done.

You know you won't get banned so why say shit like that? You haven't done anything to deserve to be banned. Even the posts where Rash says anything sensible gets pulled apart, not just by you but a few others as well. He doesn't help himself at times I agree and have even told him so but at the same time some other more established posters like yourself need to take a step back from it and think is it really worth it?

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill
I quite like reading Rashid's posts to be honest. Now I know for a fact I am in a minority on that one. You know you aren't so why say you are in the minority Andy when you know quite clearly that isn't the case and you know for a fact that loads will back you up when you do quote Rashid's post, the usual suspects will be there to backslap you and congratulate you on a job well done.

You know you won't get banned so why say shit like that? You haven't done anything to deserve to be banned. Even the posts where Rash says anything sensible gets pulled apart, not just by you but a few others as well. He doesn't help himself at times I agree and have even told him so but at the same time some other more established posters like yourself need to take a step back from it and think is it really worth it?

Step back?

Question yourself is it worth it?

Sage advice John, maybe Rashid would be wise to follow it

Who said this?

“It is an absolute pleasure to play in this Liverpool team – I really mean that.

“We’ve got world-class players, we’ve turned in some fantastic displays of attacking football and some really, really solid defensive performances.

“There are no stars in this team, or no one with any airs or graces. We’re one unit, we work hard for each other and we all pull in the same direction.

“We’ve got absolutely everything you need to be successful at the very highest level.

“We’ve got players making an impact from the start and boys coming off the bench and affecting the game. I’ve got to pay tribute to the manager because it’s difficult for him picking only 11 players for the starting line-up.

“Keeping the lads on the bench and those who have missed out on the squad in the frame of mind to make a significant contribution is a difficult task, but Rafa’s been able to do that this season.

“That’s not an easy balancing act but he manages it brilliantly. He and his coaches keep everyone hungry and ready when they’ve been needed. "

"As a player now you can’t be selfish. Certainly, you can’t be selfish at Liverpool.

“It’s a squad game, and if you’re not in the starting line-up you can’t be thinking, ‘I’m giving in’.”

Gerrard added: “They’ve instilled this winning mentality in us. It’s simple really – it’s been drummed into us since the boss came to the club.

Nice quotes from the captain but I would say we have strong first eleven but a weaker squad than our main rivals. The squad still isn't strong enough as when you look at who we have on the bench it is weak in an attacking sense. Rafa said himself that when we played United they had a stronger bench, we need another couple of good players in the final third before we can talk about difficult selections for the first 11.

Same, even though momo might neg me again for asslicking or whatever shit he's on about. Toxteth says what he feels when he wants to make a point instead of giving a shit about how others might take it. You do blab on a bit about Kuyt, etc, Toxteth, but I do think others go over the top with disagreeing and picking up on some of your posts.

Code too. Yes, Code talks shite sometimes, (don't we all?) but some people don't half go over the top rooting out every flaw in his posts.

I'm really not arsed trawling through 406 pages to see if this point has already been made.

Is anybody else pissed off at the simple lack of respect Xabi has shown the supporters through all this? I understand he feels Rafa treated him like shit and he owes him nothing. I understand football is football and sometimes players get tired of a club so he owes the club itself nothing. But last year during all that shite WE were the ones who treated him like a hero. WE let him know we appreciated him. What have we had in return this summer? A fuckload of 'read between the line quotes', months of speculation and a pretty embarassing situation altogether.

If he just came out and said 'I want to leave Liverpool. I'd like to play in Spain and stake a place to start for Spain in the coming World Cup and Real are too big an oppurtunity to turn down' would anybody really not understand?

I'm really not arsed trawling through 406 pages to see if this point has already been made.

Is anybody else pissed off at the simple lack of respect Xabi has shown the supporters through all this? I understand he feels Rafa treated him like shit and he owes him nothing. I understand football is football and sometimes players get tired of a club so he owes the club itself nothing. But last year during all that shite WE were the ones who treated him like a hero. WE let him know we appreciated him. What have we had in return this summer? A fuckload of 'read between the line quotes', months of speculation and a pretty embarassing situation altogether.

If he just came out and said 'I want to leave Liverpool. I'd like to play in Spain and stake a place to start for Spain in the coming World Cup and Real are too big an oppurtunity to turn down' would anybody really not understand?

I think that the both sides of been disrespectful to the support, to be honest. I think that Rafa knew that the support wouldn't accept Xabi being sold and would probably hound any replacement like Barry would have been(and he would have, since he's not the midfield maestro like Xabi) for every missed pass or error.

Rafa forced Xabi to request a transfer so that Xabi leaving would make it possible for him to be replaced with a cheaper option freeing up some much needed transfer funds.

I don't really care if someone says that I'm wrong. I might be... and I'm not going to argue about it.

You don't think all the mongs would be up in arms? We already have people saying he should fuck off as it is.

I think that the both sides of been disrespectful to the support, to be honest. I think that Rafa knew that the support wouldn't accept Xabi being sold and would probably hound any replacement like Barry would have been(and he would have, since he's not the midfield maestro like Xabi) for every missed pass or error.

Rafa forced Xabi to request a transfer so that Xabi leaving would make it possible for him to be replaced with a cheaper option freeing up some much needed transfer funds.

I don't really care if someone says that I'm wrong. I might be... and I'm not going to argue about it.

I'm not looking for an arguement but football usually is very black and white. If he wanted to be a Liverpool player he would be. He doesn't so why not just come out and say it?

You don't think all the mongs would be up in arms? We already have people saying he should fuck off as it is.

Mongs will be mongs. If they weren't telling Xabi to fuck off they'd be calling Carra over the hill or Stevie Gerrard egotistical.

I just think that the supporters who showed him so much support last year have basically had the piss taken out of them this year. Even if he came out and said that and the move to Madrid didn't happen I wouldn't care. Xabi's professional enough to play 100% no matter the circumstances.

I havent forgotten his money qoutes about the tax changes (i'm sure they are in this thread early doors somewhere.

I personally think he's chasing the Euro.

The ones where he was asked the same question that another of our players responded to with, in a roundabout away, 'I'm on £100,000 a week, what the fuck is inflation?'.

Guess the player.

No, because I think he's payed back that respect by playing his arse off throughout last season. That's easily enough for me. If he wants to get back home that's his own personal thing, but he played a lot of good football last season, and that to me was him repaying the respect he'd been given by the fans. I just think he put a fuckload of effort into those games, and it really did affect how close we came to landing number 19.

You could say I'm blinded by Xabi worship, but I'd prefer to think of it as respect for just how good a player he actually was last season.

No, because I think he's payed back that respect by playing his arse off throughout last season. That's easily enough for me. If he wants to get back home that's his own personal thing, but he played a lot of good football last season, and that to me was him repaying the respect he'd been given by the fans. I just think he put a fuckload of effort into those games, and it really did affect how close we came to landing number 19.

So you think the supporters are what phsyched him up every week? Even after they booed his team mate Lucas onto and off the pitch?

I think his motivation was proving his worth to Rafa and landing himself a big move away.

So you think the supporters are what phsyched him up every week? Even after they booed his team mate Lucas onto and off the pitch?

I think his motivation was proving his worth to Rafa and landing himself a big move away.

Nah, I think he's a genuinely straight up guy that was truly heartened by the respect he was shown in that Lazio match, (I'm not sure any of us could realise what that meant to him.) and then as the season went on that effort was transferred into hoping that we'd actually land the title. So it's started off as paying back that respect but then turned into a proper battle with the rest of the team to try and win the league.

And there are so few players that can :

1) switch the ball across the pitch in attack so well

2) break up an opponents attack just before it gains serious momentum (like he knows things are getting edgy and deprives the other side just at the right time.)

3) play that simple pass but read the game well enough to know that that simple pass is about as good as can be done at the time

...that we'll definitely miss him. That third point is what I like a lot, because it's that probing, patient style that allows the ball to be knocked about as you wait for an opening. One of the things about teams like (and fuck, why couldn't they have gone for him instead.) Barcelona I like a lot. As a kid watching footie I used to hate that! But as you realise the tactics of a game more you realise that it's more about waiting sometimes instead of constant rushing, (look at our fucking national side for example.) and he seems to know that so well. Sometimes you don't push, you wait for that opening, and that makes the third bit as important as the other two in many cases.

I just think he's a lot more genuine that he's been given credit for.

Its had that since this morning. And is also the same paper that says we are signing Eto'o in every transfer window. Its shite.

Oi. That can still happen.

Rafa has rightly been lauded for Istanbul. It was one of the best nights of my life if not the best. I loved him for it. I am pretty sure Ferguson despite 11 League Titles, 2 European Cups, 5 FA Cups (I think), and 3 League Cups still faces criticism from Manchester United fans and they don't swallow everything he does blindly. It is par for the course of being a manager of a top club I am afraid.

Wenger has had stick on these very forums despite some of the best footballing teams I have ever seen and winning League Titles, FA Cups. Like I say, par for the course of being manager at a top club where everything will be scrutinised.

Wenger hasn't won anything for 4 years. the cut off point of success is officially 3 years.

It turned out to be a great decision given that Leiva got the penalty, BUT which ONE player in our team has got us out of a mess more than any other in our history?

David Fairclough!

Again you use the word "hate" and I suspect I'm one of the people you refer to. So just to clarify.

Do I think we'll win the league with Rafa ? No' date=' but I hope he proves me wrong.

Will we finish in the top four this season ? I think we might just scrape in but its not going to be pretty. Again I hope I'm proved wrong.

Do I think the current squad assembled by Rafa is good enough to cope if we lose Gerrard or Torres through injury ? Absolutely not.

Do I hate Rafa because of what I have written above ? No[/quote']

Dougie is right. We could easily win the league this season I honestly believe that but we could as easily finish 5th. There is no cast iron guarantee what will happen just because we challenged for the title last season for the first time in seven or eight years doesn't mean we will do this season. Some on here are taking it for granted we will win the title.

Just goes to show how hard it is these days. You now have man City to add to the mix.

I don't believe everything Gerrard says, especially about managers he plays under. I also don't believe everything managers say. Go on shoot me.

Yeah! Someone? Anyone?

What do you expect Gerrard to do Andy' date=' come out and slate the manager ? Do you honestly believe he was entirely honest under oath when in court ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maggie Mary's

haha, i loved that substition, showed he had balls of steel and no one is bigger tha lfc. that's what you tedious cunts can't handle. you all think you're mr liverpool but you're just bitter and stuck in the past. [b']post this if you have the bottle[/b].

There you go Maggie Mary's, but why didnt you just post it yourself ? Why put it in a rep comment ? Most strange.

I believe that is one of Momo's incarnations. his only method of communication is rep, not even neg. he can't post, you see. Yet he still reads the forum and dishes out abusive rep. Yes, he is THAT mental. I am quite impressed by his perseverance.

Trying in vain to keep it on topic.

rafa-benitez-and-xabi-alonso1.jpg

Nasty, Xabi in an Arsenal shirt.