You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

A thread about a man named Xabi

dave u

What to do?  

239 members have voted

1. 1. What to do?

• Buy Dave House, Gerrard centre mid, go 442.
    • Buy Augero, Gerrard centre mid, stay 4231.
    • Gerrard in the hole, buy centre mid, stay 4231
    • Don’t care, kill Rafa, burn down RBS

Perfectly valid comment, but he certainly agonised long and hard about his faves in the 60's. We had to get beat by a 3rd Division team before he finally realised time was up for them.

The trouble with Rafa is you rarely get the great side of Shankly, his sheer joy in players eg that old vid of Hughes training; "Ooooooh, I doubt if there's a better player in the game".

Or when Paisley got the bottle of Scotch that was almost as big as him in 77 and said "it's all about the players really".

When did Shankly sub his captain with 20 minutes of a derby left and then talk disparagingly afterwards about his intelligence? There's a ton of other examples. Some people get a kick out of Rafa's cold clinical approach, personally I think it's one of his biggest flaws.

On the whole Alonso has been good for Rafa and Liverpool. He hasn't deserved most of what's gone on lately.

End all posts for post of the year. Here it is.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You supporting a post knocking Rafa, never .. :whistle:

That is twice you have said that in the last 24 hours. It doesn't exactly knock Rafa does it be honest. More constructive than anything but since you are so precious over people ''knocking Rafa''. That really isn't my fault is it?

Why what did Rafa say about Gerrards intelligence??

Basically said Gerrard played with his heart and not his brain. In a Merseyside Derby. While the brainless and on the day awful Sissoko stayed on the pitch.

The same Gerrard who made a lungbusting run from one end of the pitch to the other and won the penalty and got us back in the game when we were struggling and losing.

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill

5 minute search on google

On Gerrard

“100 goals is always a very good figure, but it is especially good for a midfielder,” Rafa told the official website.

“He is one of the best offensive midfielders in the world and hopefully he will go on to score many for us in the future.” he added.

"He scores great goals that few other players can manage. We are lucky to have the best midfielder in the world.

On Reina

"If you watch Reina in training every day, you'll see that he is a fantastic worker, he has a very good mentality and a lot of confidence in himself, For us, he is very important. He is more mature, he's learning every day and his team-mates know that he is really, really important and is one of the best two or three goalkeepers in the world.

"People say Pepe has problems in certain areas of his game, but I think he's fantastic. He has adapted well to the English style, he knows when to catch and when to punch. Petr Cech and Buffon are some of other best goalkeepers in the world, and maybe there are two or three as good as Reina but not many.

"It's difficult to say how many points Pepe is worth a season. But the keeper is always important in a team. If you analyse our team, in defence we are good but with Pepe there we are much better.

"He can make one or two mistakes but that's normal as he is the goalkeeper, and the managers and the other players do the same at times.

"But Pepe can save in a season hundreds of opportunities. It's not just about making saves. The best goalkeeper in the world isn't the one who makes the most saves. It's about not allowing the strikers to score, by reading the game and giving the defenders a lot of confidence. His team-mates trust him. They know that he is top class and they have confidence in him."

On Torres

"Fernando deserves all the praise he is getting because he is playing really well and his commitment is fantastic.

"He is a player who works hard for the team but who also scores goals.

"It is important when you have a striker who can be like this because it brings so much to the team.

"But not just during the game, he is also working really hard in every training session.

"So I am really pleased with him because he is doing so well.

"Now I would like to see him score 30 goals but you never know because the defenders are aware of him and they know that he is a threat."

On Torres and Gerrard

"With the quality he has, and with the freedom the role gives him, he is almost unstoppable. He enjoys playing in this position, he enjoys the freedom, and he enjoys playing with Torres."

"He knows that he will find Torres and they enjoy playing together because they are both quality players."

Basically said Gerrard played with his heart and not his brain. In a Merseyside Derby. While the brainless and on the day awful Sissoko stayed on the pitch.

The same Gerrard who made a lungbusting run from one end of the pitch to the other and won the penalty and got us back in the game when we were struggling and losing.

So didnt say anything about his intelligence then. Said he had too much passion in the game. Not the same thing at all is it?

And what about the fact that the player he replaced Gerrard with went on too win us the penalty that won us the game.

Going to mention that too, were you? As you've said on more than one occasion, you give credit where credit's due, do you not?

All this "manager hates player, player hates manager" shite has been doing the rounds ever since 11 working-class blokes in baggy shorts started kicking an inflated pigs bladder around a muddy field, to the barked orders of an avuncular chap in a flat cap smoking a pipe. The difference between then and now is the invention of media coverage sometime in between. I feel it has skewed opinion somewhat.

As you were.

I couldn't give a fuck what the outcome of the game was. It was a ridiculous substitution and a ridiculous statement.

A whole different argument. Im only pointing out thgat Rafa did not question Gerrards intelligence.

That is twice you have said that in the last 24 hours. It doesn't exactly knock Rafa does it be honest. More constructive than anything but since you are so precious over people ''knocking Rafa''. That really isn't my fault is it?

Sorry, but IMHO, virtually all of your posts, constructive or otherwise, are digs at Rafa .. :whistle:

Why what did Rafa say about Gerrards intelligence??

He said something along the lines of "we needed to play more with our heads than with our hearts" when commenting on replacing Gerrard with Lucas that particular time. Obviously, this means that he thinks that Gerrard is a stupid English git, while he himself has a Big Spanish Brain.

You see, when he says this, he means that Gerrard is permanently unintelligent (of course, he is the captain after all), he does not believe that there is any chance that a normal man might find it hard to keep a cool head after a long and intense battle against a tough opponent. Rafa doesn't believe in the connection between physical and mental fatigue, he just believes that Gerrard is not bright.

And what about the fact that the player he replaced Gerrard with went on too win us the penalty that won us the game.

Going to mention that too, were you? As you've said on more than one occasion, you give credit where credit's due, do you not?

He got lucky with that substitution. End of. I was in the away end on the day and everyone in there was up in arms. You take your best player, captain and local lad off in a derby and expect not to get criticised or questioned. He got away with it that day. Good luck to him. It doesn't mean it was right though when an equally brainless player in Sissoko was left on the pitch and continued to give the ball away for the rest of the game. It wasn't a tactical masterstroke like you seem to be proclaiming it is. Tell me, why didn't he take Sissoko off then on the day who was appalling and gave the ball away constantly?

Jesus fucking Christ. The things Rafa gets slated for.

He never waved at me on the lap of honour

The beardy fat spanish cunt

He said something along the lines of "we needed to play more with our heads than with our hearts" when commenting on replacing Gerrard with Lucas that particular time. Obviously, this means that he thinks that Gerrard is a stupid English git, while he himself has a Big Spanish Brain.

You see, when he says this, he means that Gerrard is permanently unintelligent (of course, he is the captain after all), he does not believe that there is any chance that a normal man might find it hard to keep a cool head after a long and intense battle against a tough opponent. Rafa doesn't believe in the connection between physical and mental fatigue, he just believes that Gerrard is not bright.

He actually thinks all scousers are thick. I read that in the News of the World.

I can just imagine the fuss if Rafa had said Reina was THE best, pages of people banging on about Rafa overreacting/putting too much pressure on a player/disrespecting other keepers/taking backhanders to say it...

That Spainsh Clown, I believe he has been call previously