You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe they just don't feel the need to say that they're gay!

Just as I don't feel the need to go around and make a point of saying that I'm straight.

At the end of the day, the only people who generaly give a shit about such things are total morons whose opinion barely matters in life anyway.

Just as I don't feel the need to go around and make a point of saying that I'm straight.

At the end of the day, the only people who generaly give a shit about such things are total morons whose opinion barely matters in life anyway.

Fag.

I always thought Sol Campbell was gay. I remember the abuse he got when he was playing for Arsenal a few years back.

If by average every team would have a gay player who would be gay in our squad?

Dossena or Skrtel:wallbutt:;):drool::drool::drool:

Wouldn't really care but if we played against the said player and he scored against us in one fixture I would be shouting shit out until my pulse stopped. Not really to do with the fact they are gay but use it as a stick to beat them with and they don't perform as well as they can.

I'm sure Matt Taylor was a confirmed gay man

Wouldn't really care but if we played against the said player and he scored against us in one fixture I would be shouting shit out until my pulse stopped. Not really to do with the fact they are gay but use it as a stick to beat them with and they don't perform as well as they can.

I'm sure Matt Taylor was a confirmed gay man

So you do you use race as a stick to beat somebody with if a black player scores against us?

So you do you use race as a stick to beat somebody with if a black player scores against us?

Plenty do. I mean to be honest, teams don't even have to be losing to start singing racist chants. Some of the stuff sung at England matches must surely be breaking a law but there's never anything done about it so I can't imagine they'd do anything about homophobic chants. I guess it'd depend on how far the media decided to run with it.

I remember hearing about Anelka leaving Arsenal because Keown was gay.

Can't believe I missed this on the first read.

Perhaps Anelka really left Arsenal because Real Madrid offered 45 times what Arsenal paid for him.

That said, Keown does look like his face has been repeatedly smashed into a headboard.

Look at the stick Graeme Le Saux got and his worst crime was drinking wine instead of lager.

Gay footballers would take a load of stick from team-mates and opposition players alone. Never mind opposition fans.

If I was gay and a pro footballer, I would most definitely keep schtum.

to be fair graeme le saux's worst crime is being graeme le saux. that seems ample reason to give him shit.

Roy Keane said that when he first walked into Sunderlands dressing room they had Abba playing on the stereo! It was apparently 'chosen' by the kitman, now if that is not gay then I really don't know what is.

Within the next five years I think we will have an openly gay footballer, but it is a problem in sport in general in all fairness, I mean Colin Jackson!

And if Rugby Union isn't a sport designed soley around repressed public school homosexuality then I am dutchman!

Gay pride, the gay village in Manchester, gay celebrities and every gay person I've ever known, completely contradict this theory!

Gay people sing it from the rooftops. But in football, a 'mans game'? No chance, not for at least 10-20 years.

Regarding the abuse I always remember Ruud Gullit saying that when called a black bastard he didn't take it as racist just abuse, in the same way as you would call Vialli a bald bastard or Ruddock a fat bastard. That is right.

If a gay footballer came out and scored against us or fouled one of our players then me shouting gay bastard at him doesn't mean I would be homophobic in my view

you-re-gay.jpg

Regarding the abuse I always remember Ruud Gullit saying that when called a black bastard he didn't take it as racist just abuse, in the same way as you would call Vialli a bald bastard or Ruddock a fat bastard. That is right.

If a gay footballer came out and scored against us or fouled one of our players then me shouting gay bastard at him doesn't mean I would be homophobic in my view

sorry Medazza but that is bollocks! I don't give a shit if Gullit says that, racist abuse is completely different to calling someone a baldy bastard, a ginger bastard or a fat bastard, the later being a choice.

I don't see many slapheads or gingers being denied jobs because of their appearance, being told to go home, being spat at in the street or having the living shit kicked out of them! I don't see centuries of abuse and subjugation aimed soley at baldies or gingers do you?

Completely and utterly different connotations, being Gay isnt a choice either therfore it falls into the same camp. (no pun intended)