You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Real Reason United will be Champions

Red Banjo

I find it appropriate to write this now after Wigan's plucky performance yesterday which they should take a lot of credit for. We all knew the cunts would come back to win the game because thats what they do, but Wigan actually tried to get something out of the game whereas countless fraud clubs in this division should hang their heads in shame at their performances against the cunts this season. For a time in the middle of their "amazing" run when they were being hailed as 'the best team ever' the amount of gutless, inane rollover's by our so called Premier League rivals was shocking. Yes, united are a good team but at this level they should be expected to put up a fight against the better teams - These same clubs did it against us, Arsenal and Chelsea, yet when these so called smaller teams line up against united, its almost as if they think to themselves "well we cant possibly win so we might as well not even try". We went to Old Trafford and spanked the cunts in their own backyard and it then sent a message on to Fulham who then suddenly thought - "hold on, maybe these wankers are not a bullit-proof as we thought"... and hey presto!

Im not denying we haven't ridden our luck at times (the late show's against Boro and Wigan at the start of the season spring to mind) but we have been easily the most impressive team in this league this season, and with a bit of backbone from the rest of the Premiership - i have no doubt we would be walking away with the English League trophy and the joy of ending 19 years of sitting in the shadows of the cunts.

Man City should be embarrassed at their showing last week - i remember the commentator saying "thats City's best passing move of the match so far, 5 times they passed the ball around and they still haven't got out of their own half" And this was in the 65th minute! This was the same team that came to Anfield and gained a credible point by playing football. Countless times this has happened this season and while credit must go to the cunts for stiffling the opposition - these other teams must realise that as good as they - United are NOT unbeatable, and actaully fucking try and play football against them! I was gonna launch into a tirade about them sneaking wins against Sunderland, Villa, Wigan etc - when they didn't deserve to win - but as the pundits will thell you "Champions prove their quality when they win even though they dont play well"

I hope the rest of the Premiership learn from this season and dont carry this same pathetic fucking attitude into next season. As much as i hate them(and fuck me, its a whole lot) i can honestly say the only time i remember them being brilliant this season was when they beat Chelsea 3-0. I've had a quick scan over the season's results and i can tell you now (in a Rafa style FACT statement) they have won 9 games this season 1-0, compared to our 4, Only won 1 and drew 1 against 'the big 4' whereas our head to head record is a superb 4 wins and 2 draws, they have scored 5 fewer goals and their 'amazing goalkeeper and defence' has only conceded 2 less than ours.

Can any football fan honestly tell you the Premier League Trophy is going to the right place this season? I dont think so. We have been superb on numerous times thoughout the season and considering Torres and Gerrard have only lined up 14 times together, we have been far more impressive.

In 06/07 we finished with 68 points, in 07/08 it climbed to 76, we already have 80 this season so it should be our best ever Premiership showing, and we should take alot of hope into next season as with the right signing's and key players staying injury free - we will be there once again fighting for our rightful claim as England's best, however this is all dependant on the rest of the Premier league realising when 11 players line up against 11 players, anything can happen.

Thanks for your time

Load of bollocks.

It was all over this site yesterday that Wigan were going to roll over for them.

Now it's all dem der other teams' fault.

Cack.

Did they not roll over for us then?

Why not?

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill
can't we blame it on the boogie?

Blame it Traore

He just can't

He just can't

He just can't control his feet

They'll win it because we went up to fuckin' Boro and lost 'cos we played shite.

If we'd won that, then an Arsenal win would give us the title.

FUCK.

Putting it like that hurts even more.

I could've killed Babel after that game. Several others too. Wigan away springs to mind.

They'll win it because we went up to fuckin' Boro and lost 'cos we played shite.

If we'd won that, then an Arsenal win would give us the title.

Assuming that everything that's happened since panned out in exactly the same way, of course.

I find it appropriate to write this now after Wigan's plucky performance yesterday which they should take a lot of credit for. We all knew the cunts would come back to win the game because thats what they do, but Wigan actually tried to get something out of the game whereas countless fraud clubs in this division should hang their heads in shame at their performances against the cunts this season. For a time in the middle of their "amazing" run when they were being hailed as 'the best team ever' the amount of gutless, inane rollover's by our so called Premier League rivals was shocking. Yes, united are a good team but at this level they should be expected to put up a fight against the better teams - These same clubs did it against us, Arsenal and Chelsea, yet when these so called smaller teams line up against united, its almost as if they think to themselves "well we cant possibly win so we might as well not even try". We went to Old Trafford and spanked the cunts in their own backyard and it then sent a message on to Fulham who then suddenly thought - "hold on, maybe these wankers are not a bullit-proof as we thought"... and hey presto!

Im not denying we haven't ridden our luck at times (the late show's against Boro and Wigan at the start of the season spring to mind) but we have been easily the most impressive team in this league this season, and with a bit of backbone from the rest of the Premiership - i have no doubt we would be walking away with the English League trophy and the joy of ending 19 years of sitting in the shadows of the cunts.

Man City should be embarrassed at their showing last week - i remember the commentator saying "thats City's best passing move of the match so far, 5 times they passed the ball around and they still haven't got out of their own half" And this was in the 65th minute! This was the same team that came to Anfield and gained a credible point by playing football. Countless times this has happened this season and while credit must go to the cunts for stiffling the opposition - these other teams must realise that as good as they - United are NOT unbeatable, and actaully fucking try and play football against them! I was gonna launch into a tirade about them sneaking wins against Sunderland, Villa, Wigan etc - when they didn't deserve to win - but as the pundits will thell you "Champions prove their quality when they win even though they dont play well"

I hope the rest of the Premiership learn from this season and dont carry this same pathetic fucking attitude into next season. As much as i hate them(and fuck me, its a whole lot) i can honestly say the only time i remember them being brilliant this season was when they beat Chelsea 3-0. I've had a quick scan over the season's results and i can tell you now (in a Rafa style FACT statement) they have won 9 games this season 1-0, compared to our 4, Only won 1 and drew 1 against 'the big 4' whereas our head to head record is a superb 4 wins and 2 draws, they have scored 5 fewer goals and their 'amazing goalkeeper and defence' has only conceded 2 less than ours.

Can any football fan honestly tell you the Premier League Trophy is going to the right place this season? I dont think so. We have been superb on numerous times thoughout the season and considering Torres and Gerrard have only lined up 14 times together, we have been far more impressive.

In 06/07 we finished with 68 points, in 07/08 it climbed to 76, we already have 80 this season so it should be our best ever Premiership showing, and we should take alot of hope into next season as with the right signing's and key players staying injury free - we will be there once again fighting for our rightful claim as England's best, however this is all dependant on the rest of the Premier league realising when 11 players line up against 11 players, anything can happen.

Thanks for your time

I agree with that. Whilst they were on there run of not conceding a goal in 15 games or whatever, the amount of negative performances against them was astounding. Obviously they`re a fuckin good side and they have earned the right to be feared, but teams were playing them as if they were already beat. Thats not getting away from us losing it, its our own fault and theres no one else to blame. but if you play football and are positive against the twats, you have every chance. During that spell of not conceding, the media going over the top about `the invincibles` and going for the clean sweep. i think had an effect on how teams set themselves up against them. And it took us to rid them of that tag. Roll on next season.

The real reason they'll be champions (assuming they get at least a point in the last two games) is because they'll have more points than us over the course of 38 games.

Wigan, City, Boro, Sunderland, Fulham, Portsmouth (and probably several others that I can't think of now) fell apart in great positions in the last 10 minutes against us in games this season to give us vital points that we didn't always deserve on the balance of play. The same accusations could be levelled at them.

If we eliminate our traditional Dec-Feb phase of all but falling apart as a team, we'll win it with ease next season.

That sounds like the sort of post an Evertonian would write to explain their position. I very rarely neg, but I can't let that sort of tripe go unpunished.

Fuck sake. That is exactly what i expected. I blame our players for not taking advantage of the position we were in but can you honestly tell me the same Man City turned up last week as they did against us? Man United's previous history and the media make opponents think twice about their own ability - when we proved they were'nt this great travelling machine that just rolls into town and takes 3 points, it seemed a wake up call to the rest of the league. Fulham beat them and Villa, Spurs and Sunderland took belief that this giant can be felled. This is what was missing from their opponents. We can blame ourselves, and rightly so, but i've seen far too many lame turn outs from teams this season.

We paid the price for our sloppiness, particularly at home. Call it a mixture of possibly negative tactics, players not standing up and being counted at crucial times- eg when we have had Gerrard or Torres out- lapses in concentration (giving away silly penalties and free kicks, not marking properly at corners, etc), the Keane saga which hung over the club like a dark cloud, teams coming to Anfield brimming with confidence- instead of in fear like so many do at Old Trafford- bad luck (the Gerrard 'goal' that was wrongly disallowed against Stoke springs to mind here) and the fact that United have been far more consistent throughout.

You don't win leagues exclusively on luck, you have to have a lot of things go your way but work hard and be consistent too. Unfortunately United have been patiently waiting for us to slip up, which we did. it wasn't even as though it was a quick slip, for example two defeats in as many games and then bang! Season over, it was a slow, plodding fall, one of those that happens in slow motion when you fall to the floor in stages, and a fall which we should have arrested far sooner. Those draws were exactly like such a fall. I don't think I'm the only one who thought, as we drew to Everton, that we could see our league title chances fading. Yet we just never managed to stop the rot. Sure, we've put up a very credible fight against a club who are by now so used to being in front at the right stage of the season and know the drill inside out, but there are some incredibly harsh lessons we MUST learn for next season.

I believe we have nobody to blame but ourselves. And if- when?- United take the title this year, their fans will find it all the sweeter because of that very fact.

they know how to win it , we dont. They have a stronger squad and one of the best managers ever yet we pushed them close without our two best players for long periods. Rafa is ready to stand up to fergie and this season has shown me how much we have improved.

Bring on the race for number 19.

The reason they have nearly won it is because they have more points than us,simple. Let's just hope this is a mirror of Shankly's '72 team who went so close that year then pushed on and won it in '73 and not Houllier's of '02 that went to shit in '03.

It's how we react that's important.

Utd threw the league away in 92 but came back the following year stronger for it and won.

Everton threw it away in 86 and came back the following season and won.

Liverpool threw it away in 87 and came back the following season and destroyed everybody, in a team that's never been matched by anyone since.

If we learn from this season and minimise our mistakes then hopefully we'll be good enough to finish top of the pile.

I see what You meand and tend to agree.

But, seriously, do we have to blame anyone when we are about to reach 86 pts ?

I agree. We challenge for the first time in nigh on twenty years. If we win our remaining games then at the very least we will have a points total that in other years could have won the thing (and is extremely high for a second placed side - and yes, I know, we exist to win trophies etc). It's pretty much unheard of unless you go on a Blackburn/Chelsea type spree to win the league at the first attempt. Next year, if we finish on 86 points and come second, I think it will be entirely justified to dissect the season and look at 'where it went wrong.' This season, I'm just chuffed that we genuinely feel like a side that will win the title at some point.