You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Luis Suarez

Guest simon

If we walked away its 100% right thing to do it will show ajax we are not taking our pants off for a good ass bashing and suarez can now do the deal breaker and hand in transfer request this will make ajax get in contact for us and bite the bullet.

If not they could be looking at unhappy player who could leave for nothing and that won't sit well with CEOs of club.

Deal ain't over its just gone up to level 2.

I very much doubt that Ajax have moved the goalposts at the 11th hour in terms of the valuation of Suarez so why haven't we either met their valuation or walked away and pursued other targets earlier?

The same situation is developing with Charlie Adam and if we aren't careful we will get a reputation for unsettling rival players and then failing to stump up the cash and finalise deals.

I very much doubt that Ajax have moved the goalposts at the 11th hour in terms of the valuation of Suarez so why haven't we either met their valuation or walked away and pursued other targets earlier?

The same situation is developing with Charlie Adam and if we aren't careful we will get a reputation for unsettling rival players and then failing to stump up the cash and finalise deals.

Who cares it ain't our fault people rather play for liverpool then blackpool or the very much out of touch Ajax (half the club it used to be).

End of day if these clubs wasn't greedy then the deals be done by now suarez aint no Torres end of day and adam ain't no gerrard so the prices they asking our so over priced it makes my eyes bleed. :wallbutt:

again, i'm glad we've taken a tough stance. this is our first major transfer, if we look like pushovers, the rest of the world will take advantage, especially this summer when we are really looking to splash on a few players.

and every pound/euro/dollar counts with the new financial fair play rules. if you pay over the odds for something it'll come back and bit you in the ass.

If he's really unhappy, he'll go to the first club who offer enough money.

So you're wrong. Again.

And who pray tell is offering the amount that Ajax want other than us?

As soon as the bid comes in that is low enough what stops us matching.

Also completely ignore the fact that Suarez has said he wants to play for Liverpool.

You're not as clever as you think, so stop with the self righteous asshole act.

Actually it's probably not an act.

Problem is Ajax are refusing to negotiate on any level. Yes he has a price they believe is what he is valued at. But they are after 35 million euros based on reports from the Netherlands and thats that take it or leave it which is extremely frustrating and from our end it seems we have tried to negotiate (apparently gone from talk about an offer for 14 million to now 20 million).

Its all a bit messy and lots of speculation but nothing concrete. I still think there is still a chance with this but as some have said, Suarez and his agent are going to have to do something now.

Problem is Ajax are refusing to negotiate on any level. Yes he has a price they believe is what he is valued at. But they are after 35 million euros based on reports from the Netherlands and thats that take it or leave it which is extremely frustrating and from our end it seems we have tried to negotiate (apparently gone from talk about an offer for 14 million to now 20 million).

Its all a bit messy and lots of speculation but nothing concrete. I still think there is still a chance with this but as some have said, Suarez and his agent are going to have to do something now.

Ajax are being fools. It's all well and good wanting to get top dollar for your players and 15m or more is exactly.

To suggest a player who has only proven himself in Holland at any recognisable club level, who has been insulted by his new manager and stripped of his captaincy and whose contract is running down, this is madness, madness.

wpid-Sparta-Rotterdam-vs-Ajax.jpg

If we are interested in signing players, they should've been wrapped up by now. Either way, it should all have been put to bed by now.

We seem as amateur as ever in this regard.

Can't believe someone posted a Quaresma link and Code hasn't passed comment.

Yet ...

Next step has to be Suarez forcing his way out of Ajax, we just have to be there ready to pounce when the time comes. Could end up being a good deal for the future for us and if he signs elsewhere then we know he wasn't right for us anyway.

I'm not losing sleep over missing out on him but we should have signed sealed and delivered a top class player by now because our main aim has to be fighting for that CL spot which will allow us to attract the best in the world again!

Comolli didn't have any trouble getting his targets at Spurs, so I have to ask given we have had a change in personnel, is it just impossible for LFC to get value for money on players anymore?

I'm trying not to panic but this is not looking very professional from our side at all.

Why can't we just go in and get a player that we want even if we are paying slightly over the odds as we are with Suarez? Any other team and you can bet he'd be holding up their shirt by now!

Yet ...

Next step has to be Suarez forcing his way out of Ajax, we just have to be there ready to pounce when the time comes. Could end up being a good deal for the future for us and if he signs elsewhere then we know he wasn't right for us anyway.

I'm not losing sleep over missing out on him but we should have signed sealed and delivered a top class player by now because our main aim has to be fighting for that CL spot which will allow us to attract the best in the world again!

Comolli didn't have any trouble getting his targets at Spurs, so I have to ask given we have had a change in personnel, is it just impossible for LFC to get value for money on players anymore?

I'm trying not to panic but this is not looking very professional from our side at all.

Why can't we just go in and get a player that we want even if we are paying slightly over the odds as we are with Suarez? Any other team and you can bet he'd be holding up their shirt by now!

how on earth do you know that about Comolli's time at spurs? it could be that he had a hell of time doing it, but in the end just ended up overpaying for players.

its the january window, this window always suck and has little to no value in it. its why you see darren bent going for a total of 24 million pounds when we all know he's worth about half of that.

To be fair, it's the other clubs that are splashing it all over the media.