You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Luis Suarez

Guest simon

BBC Sport - Football - Ajax want 'respectful' Luis Suarez bid

Ajax want 'respectful' Luis Suarez bid

Suarez has scored seven league goals this season for Ajax

by John Sinnott

Dutch club Ajax have told Liverpool to come up with a "respectful" offer for their Uruguay striker Luis Suarez.

Liverpool have made a £12.7m bid for the 23-year-old and the Reds' director of football strategy Damien Comolli travelled to Amsterdam on Monday.

"We'll have to wait for them to come back with something more respectful," an Ajax spokesman told BBC Sport.

"We want to keep him - at least until the end of the season and preferably for the rest of his contract."

Clubs usually have to pay a premium to sign players during the January transfer window - Bosnia striker Edin Dzeko reportedly cost Manchester City £27m earlier this month - and Ajax suggested Liverpool would have to do so as well if they wanted Suarez.

"If you compare the 15m euros [£12.7m] Liverpool want to pay for Suarez with other transfers you can imagine that it's far too low for us.

"Luis is our top goalscorer for the last three years and also the man with by far the most assists as well.

"He was one of the big guys for Uruguay in helping them come third in the World Cup in the summer and he still has a contract with us for two-and-a-half years."

Guest ShoePiss
I can't see them getting a better offer in the summer, or in the rest of this month to be honest with you.

I've no idea what clubs are willing to pay. Like I said earlier, it's a gamble for them and Suarez.

The club can reject offers they don't like and still have peace of mind that he has 2 1/2 years on his contract. Suarez is young enough to say fuck it then I'll stay here and run my contract down and leave on a free in 2 seasons.

Were been made to look cheap at best and if we continue to act like this we wont be taken seriously.

Ajax calling for us to make a respectful offer says it all really.

Obviously this is coming from the Americans tough negotiating tactics but someone at the club needs to educate them on the best way to conduct there transfer business.

Guest ShoePiss
Why would he agree personal terms if he didn't want to sign for us?

Oh and he gave in a transfer request at Groningen so I wouldn't be surprised if he did it at Ajax.

When did he do that?

You lot need to calm the fuck down. Doesn't this just prove Ajax are willing to sell?

This could quite easily be that Ajax have got no money and want to prolong this out as long as possible so the owners can take the transfer fee and not invest it back in the squad. It happened here with Alonso and Mascherano.

No one knows what the fuck is going on in terms of the fee and the talks between the two clubs, we could wake up tomorrow or news could break in the next half an hour that we've agreed a fee.

The three main points are Ajax want to sell, We're in talks and Suarez wants to leave.

This is in by no means over

Fuck Suarez, just noticed this...

Originally Posted by Pepe Reina in interview

Your favourite holiday destination?

I've never gone wrong when going to Ibiza. You have everything you could possibly want there.

To all those who have ever ripped Ibiza or me for going there, this proves how wrong you all where.

Reina is a cool motherfucker and if he gives his approval, you are defo wrong.

Apologise now, you twats.

If that is true and we've only bid £12.7m, we are taking the piss big time. If Everton were bidding as low as we are at the moment, we would be taking the piss big time and saying it's a ploy to keep the fans happy.

What the fuck are we playing at???

Could of been an opening bid to see if Ajax were willing to sell? I deffo think we'll go back in with a bid of about 21m before the week is out.

Fuck Suarez, just noticed this...

To all those who have ever ripped Ibiza or me for going there, this proves how wrong you all where.

Reina is a cool motherfucker and if he gives his approval, you are defo wrong.

Apologise now, you twats.

from here

It's top secret! Liverpool keeper Pepe Reina is put on the spot | Mail Online

Were been made to look cheap at best and if we continue to act like this we wont be taken seriously.

Ajax calling for us to make a respectful offer says it all really.

Obviously this is coming from the Americans tough negotiating tactics but someone at the club needs to educate them on the best way to conduct there transfer business.

Fuck it, give them what they want and chuck a couple of mil on top to sweeten the deal.

Are you for real? We're talking about millions of pounds...are you going to pay it?

It's ok, if they don't accept that bid, we can offer some pocket fluff, marbles and a stick, by way of an improved bid.

Strangely, this talk of returning to the Liverpool way and conducting business behind closed doors is being severely hindered by disrespectful bids like that. I think Ajax are well within their rights to tell us to fuck off with such an offer, and by going public, they are also showing everyone (and Suarez) that we are not really serious but are instead, on the lookout for a bargain.

I don't want us to throw cash at the transfer market (not that I believe these guys even could), but we can't treat other clubs with such contempt when trying to buy their players.

Ajax will get near enough double that in summer if they hold on, and I don't blame them. Should we have sold Xabi to to Madrid for £15m because that's what they wanted?

Fuck it, give them what they want and chuck a couple of mil on top to sweeten the deal.

Are you for real? We're talking about millions of pounds...are you going to pay it?

Aye.

This is their first ever transfer dealing in this sport and in Europe. Would they want to set a bench mark for being a pushover and offer what clubs want us to offer? And then what? A £10m player would cost us £18m in the summer. And when we end up buying 1 player instead of 2, the same fuckers will moan the fuck out saying how FSG never invested in the squad and blah blah blah.

Suarez is not the only fucking striker in the world.

It's ok, if they don't accept that bid, we can offer some pocket fluff, marbles and a stick, by way of an improved bid.

Strangely, this talk of returning to the Liverpool way and conducting business behind closed doors is being severely hindered by disrespectful bids like that. I think Ajax are well within their rights to tell us to fuck off with such an offer, and by going public, they are also showing everyone (and Suarez) that we are not really serious but are instead, on the lookout for a bargain.

I don't want us to throw cash at the transfer market (not that I believe these guys even could), but we can't treat other clubs with such contempt when trying to buy their players.

Ajax will get near enough double that in summer if they hold on, and I don't blame them. Should we have sold Xabi to to Madrid for £15m because that's what they wanted?

It really is a joke. I apologise to Ajax as I though they were staying firm to their unrealistic valuation of a wantaway player. They are well within their rights to state a price that is more than the player is worth all things considered and our job is to open a negotiation close to their actual fee (probably just over 20) and work from there, not offer them a bag of quavers.

Fucking despair sometimes at the inept way this club is run.

Could of been an opening bid to see if Ajax were willing to sell? I deffo think we'll go back in with a bid of about 21m before the week is out.

Wouldn't this make us look even more amateurish, though?

To go in so low, get no compromise, then give in to their demands would not set a great precedent as far as I can see.