You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

We gave it everything to get back into this position. Clawed, scratched and fought our way back into contention, only for us to throw it away with silly school boy errors at the back. I personally think its over. I said that whilst dancing a jig infront of the god of hubris, but just cannot help but think them erros are what we will look back on come the final whistle at the end of the season.

Upon reflection we will remember the highs and the fantastic games we have been involved in, remember the immense performances by some of our players, and look confidenlty towards next season and to the promise of future silverware.

But for tonight? Fuck it, im depressed.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone to a man gave there absolute all tonight, we were absolutely fucking mugged and bar some great finishing by arshavin and some mistakes by individuals we would have fucking walked it. As said above relieved and gutted at the same time. Still some twists and turns i reckon but its gonna be a massive struggle to win the league from the position we are in.

Still a very very slight chance of the title , but probably not going to happen.

Feel a bit schizophrenic really , in that I should be gutted at tonight's result , but this is being overridden by the realisation that the team & Rafa now know we can score goals against anybody if we have attacking intent & with a good summer transfer window we could be on the brink of a new era of supremacy.

Wow, what a game. We absolutely battered them and yet only came away with a point.

We have played some sensational football in the last few weeks, and shown monster spirit and steel balls.

First three goals all defensive errors, ditto at least one goal against chelsea. Yet we're averaging four goals a game over the last 6 games! Rafa's gotta tell them to stop being so attacking.

I'm proud of the boys and the way we played, especially the chelsea 4-4 and tonight- we just don't know when to give up. I still think there may be some twists and turns in this season

Benayoun was immense tonight just have to say, one of the best individual performances by a liverpool player this season.

Ultimately dissapointed as it's a difficult task now to expect United to lose two but there's still a chance.

I'm more down and pissed off tonight than even last week, and not really because of anything we did. Yes, the defending from Mascherano, Aurelio and Arbeloa was piss poor for their goals but fucking hell how unfair is football at times?

The Mancs get absolutely outplayed by Villa yet pop up with a jammy late winner and we absolutely twat Arsenal and only get a point. It's just so fucking unfair and makes me sick to my stomach, the fucking horrible jammy, vile, disgusting Manc twats.

I'm so proud of our lads for how they've performed since the shackles came off but we'll end up getting nothing for it. I'm fucking so pissed off.

Head up for the lads though, they were absolutely outstanding tonight.

Look at the Chelsea United game last season. Chelsea HAD to beat United to put them in the driving seat. They did, with two goals in the last ten minutes. It was over for United. Chelsea were the Champions once they won their game in hand against Wigan. What could possibly go wrong - an in form Chelsea side against Wigan...

The one thing you can bet on most of the title races over the last couple of years is that it virtually always goes to the wire.

To be honest, we sowed the seeds for this result when we weren't decisive enough in pursuing Arshavin. By the time we'd offloaded Keane and made our intention to sign Arshavin clear, the Arsenal deal was already done and dusted. We should have been in for a player like that as soon as the transfer window opened.

Liverpool and Manchester City tried to hijack Andrey Arshavin's Arsenal move - mirror.co.uk

Liverpool and Manchester City tried to hijack Andrey Arshavin's Arsenal move

Manchester City and Liverpool attempted to hijack Andrey Arshavin's move to Premier League rivals Arsenal.

The 27-year-old Russian playmaker rejected a move to Eastlands just seven days before he finally completed his switch from Zenit St Petersburg to the Emirates.

Anfield boss Rafa Benitez also targeted Arshavin after sanctioning Robbie Keane's return to Tottenham.

But negotiation over Keane's move to White Hart Lane were lengthy and by the time Liverpool moved for Arshavin he had already agreed terms with Arsenal.

"It could have been a different story if Liverpool hadn't waited so long," said a source close to the deal.

"As it was, he had already virtually signed for Arsenal when they made their interest known."

Now that the clown Parry has gone I hope we won't miss out on more world class talents like the one who ended our title challenge tonight.

I'm more down and pissed off tonight than even last week, and not really because of anything we did. Yes, the defending from Mascherano, Aurelio and Arbeloa was piss poor for their goals but fucking hell how unfair is football at times?

The Mancs get absolutely outplayed by Villa yet pop up with a jammy late winner and we absolutely twat Arsenal and only get a point. It's just so fucking unfair and makes me sick to my stomach, the fucking horrible jammy, vile, disgusting Manc twats.

I'm so proud of our lads for how they've performed since the shackles came off but we'll end up getting nothing for it. I'm fucking so pissed off.

Great post! Agree about everyting.

I'm not going to say the title is lost but IF it is It'd be unfair to claim we lost it today. The lads played a good game, unlike many other games this season were we didn't stand our ground. Must give it to the Arse/Arshavin, they made the most out of their chances. I'm a bit surprised our central midfield gave away as much as they did - both Xabi and Masch looked out of shape, which is unusual.

And, Arsenal is a really crappy team. No style of play whatsoever. They just stack a lot of fast players up front and hope for the best.

Guest RedDay

I blame Carragher more than Arbeloa, why didnt he just put his foot through the ball instead of a shite header.

I'm not going to say the title is lost but IF it is It'd be unfair to claim we lost it today. The lads played a good game, unlike many other games this season were we didn't stand our ground. Must give it to the Arse/Arshavin, they made the most out of their chances. I'm a bit surprised our central midfield gave away as much as they did - both Xabi and Masch looked out of shape, which is unusual.

And, Arsenal is a really crappy team. No style of play whatsoever. They just stack a lot of fast players up front and hope for the best.

What a game. I'm disappointed we didn't get the win we deserved but I can't believe the enjoyment and entertainment I'm getting form watching us at the moment. It's going to be even more difficult to win the title now but I'm not giving up.

Guest Dog Chaser

Errors have cost us tonight. Benayoun was very good tonight. Keys is a cunt. I could quite happily beat the crap out of someone right now.

Everytime they attacked I though they were going to score - very strange for a Rafa team. Arsenal fans are the most classless you will ever meet - I am so glad that Yossi stuck that one in. Great game - bad points dropped. I still believe..

Nothing is decided yet. I can see the Mancs dropping this title. They have difficult games against struggling sides games against Spurs and Arsenal. I can see them dropping about six our seven points, but we have used our margin of error and must win all resuming games no matter what.

No surrender!

Exactly how I am feeling.