You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

May i be so smug to pont you back to the argument about how I though he was our third best attacking player but also IMO the cleverest we have (moreso than gerrard)

He's been terrific this season and should be playing more regularly

At that point he hadn't shown me that he was though to be fair, but right now I wouldn't argue with that at all. I think he's been tremendous. He still has the frustrating habit of over-playing at times but in a team that plays open, attacking football he's a big asset.

I just hope we continue playing with the intent we are right now because we look frightening going forward.

It would make no sense to put the shackles back on after what we've seen.

I'd love to think we're still in it but I just can't see them dropping the required points. We have to hope that Arsenal, City and Spurs can do us a favour.

I'm just so pissed off because they don't deserve to win it this year, IMO. We do for the balls we have shown since the start of March (ish).

Man Utd v Portsmouth, 20:00 Pompey Win

Man Utd v Tottenham Spurs Win

Man Utd v Arsenal, SF, L1, 19:45CL Arsenal Win

Middlesbrough v Man Utd, 12:45 BoroWin

Arsenal v Man Utd, SF, L2, 19:45CL ArsenalWin

Man Utd v Man City, 13:30 Man City Win

13/5 Wigan v Man Utd, 20:00 Wigan Win

16/5 Man Utd v Arsenal, 12:45 Arsenal Win

24/5 Hull v Man Utd, 16:00 Hull Win

kop5cf8koxp6.gif

At that point he hadn't shown me that he was though to be fair, but right now I wouldn't argue with that at all. I think he's been tremendous. He still has the frustrating habit of over-playing at times but in a team that plays open, attacking football he's a big asset.

I just hope we continue playing with the intent we are right now because we look frightening going forward.

It would make no sense to put the shackles back on after what we've seen.

ahh the mythical shackles...

Given how well Yossi and Kuyt have played the last few weeks, do people still feel we need another 'top drawer' player for our right hand side? I feel its the left wing in most need of improvement. Riera is far too inconsistent and Babel far too erratic to be considered automatic starters.

Guest RafaIsRafa

Its hugely unlikely now unfortunately but if this club has taught me one thing it's to never give up so we'll just have to hang in there and see what happens, you never know!

I hope we still play with massive intensity, we've got Newcastle and West Brom, world record beating alert!!

I'd love to think we're still in it but I just can't see them dropping the required points. We have to hope that Arsenal, City and Spurs can do us a favour.

I'm just so pissed off because they don't deserve to win it this year, IMO. We do for the balls we have shown since the start of March (ish).

You know, people are looking at them but I've a feeling some of that favour will come from elsewhere.

You know, people are looking at them but I've a feeling some of that favour will come from elsewhere.

Fucking hell mate, I hope so. I'm resigning myself to defeat though because i'm in a whole lot of pain right now because I thought we were still in it.

It hurts a lot.

Arbeloa and Aurelio cost us that game - shite the pair of them and can't defend for toffee. Mascherano also had a mare and went walkabout far too often.

We're desperate for some real quality technical players as the likes of Riera and Babel just won't cut it.

Aurelio is shite? It's so tempting to get wound up and give you loads of shit for being a total cunt, but whatever. Think I'll just go to bed shortly instead.

Before our game today this was the situation we were looking at.

mancs - maximum 92 points

Liverpool - maximum 88 points

now its like this.

mancs - maximum points 92 points

Liverpool - maximum points 86 points

So we need the mancs to lose twice or lose one and draw twice.

The question is, how realistic is this?

Well for a start, in their last 4 games they have lost exactly twice and struggled in the two others, with 7 games left for them to play, well far,far stranger things have happened than them losing twice and if the rumours about Rooney are true I honestly have to say I would be really surprised if they did not do exactly that.

This is far from over, I have said it for some time that I thought we could afford to drop points in one more match and still win the title, now we`ll see.

Another thing which counts againt the mancs is the fact they have not scored enough goals to win the title either, not once during the last 10 seasons have the winner scored less than 70 goals, we are on our way to reach that target, the mancs have currently scored 54 with 7 games to go, I doubt they will make, take it as a sign for good things to come. ;)

Just proves that stats mean fuck all in the greater scheme of things.

Maybe if the "shackles" everyone is banging on about were still on we'd be in the Champions League and title race having not gifted 11 shit goals to Chelsea and Arsenal.

Never seen a Rafa side defend so badly.

There never were any shackles, it just gives people that didn't support the manager an excuse in their minds to start supporting him now that we're on a scoring streak.

Maybe if the "shackles" everyone is banging on about were still on we'd be in the Champions League and title race having not gifted 11 shit goals to Chelsea and Arsenal.

Never seen a Rafa side defend so badly.

Agreed.

There's a fine line between the two. I remeber Houllier trying to go all gung ho. We definately attacked better but leaked lots of sloppy goals. Stick to what you know best Rafa, just buy better attacking players.

I love Aurellio, in a non sexual way most of the time.

He is Mr Glass though and we cant rely on him can we.

I know its probably not the case, but i a back 4 that will play every game together all season, barring injury or loss of form. We have had 3 left backs this season, numerous right backs, occasional swapping at centre half too. I know injuries have played some part in this, but just crave our first choice back 4 to play together more consistently