You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Total BS or somewhat legit? I want to know about the "firms" and all. I am a Yank and I was actually accepted into Harvard, but i was seriously a history major at the Naval Academy(those that saw the movie know what i mean). In the replys, please explain the whole Millwall thing.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Virtually the entirity of the Milwall fan base are football hooligans, probably because it's preferable to actually having to watch Milwall.

There was basically a culture in English football in the 70s and early 80s when a limited number of rival groups of supporters, who all seemed to know each other because they'd join forces at England games, would arrange to meet before a game to fight. Why? Who knows - probably because they enjoyed it. It probably still goes on, but on a much smaller and discrete scale. Except at Milwall, where a large number seem unable to let go of the

past.

However, if you really want to discover football hooliganism at it's finest, research continental Europe, particularly Italy, where large scale disorder is still prevelant.

That is one god-awful film.

Apart from having a hobbit for top boy, it's director was female and german. Kinda fucked it's chances early doors in the credibility stakes eh?

Most of the books on this subject are usually a load of old shite an all. Full of self-aggrandisement and fantasy in a cash-money quest to keep their authors in horrible identikit hoolie apparel.

If you want a decent book that gives a look from a merseyside/north west perspective read ' boys from the mersey' by Nicky Alltt or ' casuals ' by Phil Thornton. The latter has a sizeable input from Peter Hooton and both are mostly about the clothes, the music and the match.

It has been happening at Notts County at least 5 or 6 times this year so far. Fucking pointless and it happened last saturday against Chester. Why the fuck would you go to a match to fight though? I just think it's pathetic and it pisses me off when I see pathetic, chavvy 16 year olds putting on cockney accents 'acting the big man'

I just think it's pathetic and it pisses me off when I see pathetic, chavvy 16 year olds putting on cockney accents 'acting the big man'

What about pathetic, whiney 16-year-old Scousers with their hands cradling their testicles and "acting the big man"? They sure piss me off.

This was a BAD film. Although it was in one way popular, it still made a fair share of money and probably had a hand in perpetuating the image of British fans as hooligans.

Automatic fail.

The Firm, with Gary Oldman is a decent film. It was years ago I read it, but I think Football Factory was good too, although I imagine the film is turd.

Right on both counts.

The Firm was indeed an excellent film in it's day. Gary Oldman's performance was amazing.

'so you want to go to europe do you dominic?'

The football factory movie was total fuckin cack.

Danny 'i'm so aht me manor' Dyer should've maybe watched a bit of Mr Oldman before filming started. See how it's done.

Total BS or somewhat legit? I want to know about the "firms" and all. I am a Yank and I was actually accepted into Harvard, but i was seriously a history major at the Naval Academy(those that saw the movie know what i mean). In the replys, please explain the whole Millwall thing.

Some clubs have their own following of twats who like fighting. It tends to be worse in the south - and always has been - contrary to what the media would have people believe. West Ham's "inter city firm" was widely regarded as the worst of the lot. One of them jumped my uncle outside Anfield back in the 70s, but my uncle twatted him to the ground and kept on kicking him until he started crying, at which point his West Ham mates started laughing at him. It's one of my favourite family stories.

Guest Bandulu
What about pathetic, whiney 16-year-old Scousers with their hands cradling their testicles and "acting the big man"? They sure piss me off.

Why is there a film about them that's supposed to represent hooligan culture?