You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Today was just one of many examples why he's my favourite player of all time.

Words cannot describe my love for the man.

Absolute legend.

You should write an article about it. I reckon it'd be good.

There's loads of threads about him on here but I just wanna pay my respects to the Big Man. Told he's playing moments before kick off today, plays and is absolutely dominant against one of the best attacking forces in the world. He's still got it, he never lost it. This guy is everything I love about this football club.

Sami...

*Stands up*

I salute you.

I've given too much rep in the last 24 hrs, i feel ashamed because this is right and worthy of rep. Sami was quality today, people talk about his lack of pace, they know fuck all, his positional sense is 2nd to none in world football and he showed today how good a footballer he is. I wouldn't swap him for anyone and that includes Daniel Agger.

Don't really think he needs comparing to anyone as he is his own man and is boss as fuck.

Didn't see it mentioned but did anyone catch him bringing a hoof down as the ball came over his shoulder and he had suk mi wang on his arse. Absolutely fantastic skill. Killed the ball dead and laid it back to Reina I think. Fantastic.

Did it get a mention on the commentary!? Did it bollocks!

As well as bein a fantastic footballer he is a fantastic man with his donations to charities and the fact you will never hear him whining, even when left out of the CL squad. Up there with Xabi as tru ambassadors of the Liverpool way.

Would deffo keep him on after he retires. His professionalism and knowledge of the game can be nothing but good for the kids.

Heard he is as boring as lawn bowls though!:whistle:

Today was just one of many examples why he's my favourite player of all time.

Words cannot describe my love for the man.

Absolute legend.

My feelings too... he needs a testimonial not for the money - which he will probably donate to one of the numerous charities in the city he donates big money too - but for the recognition he deserves.

An absolute legend. People go on about us not having a decent winger since Stevie McManaman and John Barnes - but in the 90's we needed a Centre Back even more and then Houllier got one for £2.7m - one that will probably rank as one of the best buys this club has ever made... it also sorted out the Centre Back issue for near on 10 years.

Carragher, Henchoz, Agger and Skrtel are good but none are as good or will be as as Sami Hyypia. He has also won the lot, just needs a league winners medal now.

Funny how the two best Finnish players in history are boyhood reds and have played for us... gotta love them.

My feelings too... he needs a testimonial not for the money - which he will probably donate to one of the numerous charities in the city he donates big money too - but for the recognition he deserves.

An absolute legend. People go on about us not having a decent winger since Stevie McManaman and John Barnes - but in the 90's we needed a Centre Back even more and then Houllier got one for £2.7m - one that will probably rank as one of the best buys this club has ever made... it also sorted out the Centre Back issue for near on 10 years.

Carragher, Henchoz, Agger and Skrtel are good but none are as good or will be as as Sami Hyypia. He has also won the lot, just needs a league winners medal now.

Funny how the two best Finnish players in history are boyhood reds and have played for us... gotta love them.

I dunno, I never really rated Daniel Sjolund to be honest. :whistle: