You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sammy Lee

neilmc74

My dad used to work on the ships in liverpool with Blue Funnel during the 1960's till whenever they shut down. Then he was on the Ulster Princess and irish ferries till they closed.

He recalls drinking in pubs round Liverpool and in one pub a butcher would come in and flog meat cheap. He says a couple of times Sammy came in to sell for his uncle.

Can anyone confirm this?

My dad used to work on the ships in liverpool with Blue Funnel during the 1960's till whenever they shut down. Then he was on the Ulster Princess and irish ferries till they closed.

He recalls drinking in pubs round Liverpool and in one pub a butcher would come in and flog meat cheap. He says a couple of times Sammy came in to sell for his uncle.

Can anyone confirm this?

Sammy's dad was a Butcher by trade.

Very good chaps.

Back to Sammy, he was a Scout Leader in the Wavertree posse or whatever they call those collectives. As was a friend of mine at the time, so I do remember his rosy red cheeks blowing hard as he frantically buffed his woggle in the back room.

Very good chaps.

Back to Sammy, he was a Scout Leader in the Wavertree posse or whatever they call those collectives. As was a friend of mine at the time, so I do remember his rosy red cheeks blowing hard as he frantically buffed his woggle in the back room.

Fnaar, Fnaar.

Big Sammy had his shop off London Rd behind the Bull Ring

me mam always got her meat from Sammy (there is a joke in there somewhere) and when i first got married she would always get ours until he retired

Then when i started to work in BT they told me a man brings their meat if you want something for Sunday put your order in

That man was big Sammy he would still get meat for the girls in BT who he had being selling it to for years he is one of the nicest gents you would ever have wished to meet the whole family where/our Top Man

As for your Dad he followed the same career as My Aunty who worked for both lines on the same ships at the same time as your Dad must have