You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Threatening to cancel sky..

Stouffer

..at the moment will earn you a 25% discount for 6 months.

Biff guide below.

1) Phone sky (Select the options for cancellation).

2) Tell them you want to cancel as in the current financial climate you can't afford the subscription.

3) They'll try to get you to drop some channels or mixes, if there's any you don't want get them taken off your account.

4) Tell them it's still too much and you can't afford it.

5) They'll offer you 25% discount for six months.

6) Make a donation to TLW

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i got rid of sky last february, as sky sports comes off a different satellite the signal kept getting interupting and the channel kept freezing during the matches

enough was enough and after they offered me a engineer for 80 quid, i still told them i was leaving then they offered a free engineer

they still harass me to find out why i left

I cancelled mine and it was due to expire on 13th February, because they were going to charge £65 for an engineer to look at our pisspoor Sky+ box. I fully expected them to call and offer me something. They didn't and I felt the twat when my missus made me ring them again on the 12th and cancel the cancellation because she wanted to make sure she could record Neighbours.

Neighbours aside, the point is they don't always offer you something (although they did when I cancelled 3 years ago...)

Instead, I'm going to look for one of those dudes who flog Sky in the shopping centres. At the moment my missus is the customer but I will sign up in my name this time and get a new box for free, cancelling my missus' account.

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill
Going to ask them to reduce my sly sports when I get in. If they don't there's always the internet

Followed Stouff's instructions and they offered me the 25% off, the girl on the phone was saying it's not a discretionary thing, it's a policy that they've brought in the "Help People" in post credit crunch England.

So don't take no for an answer

Followed Stouff's instructions and they offered me the 25% off, the girl on the phone was saying it's not a discretionary thing, it's a policy that they've brought in the "Help People" in post credit crunch England.

So don't take no for an answer

Well the movies don't get wastched often in our house, and its only really me who watches the sports so If I can get them reduced it'll be brilliant, if I have to say I want it cancelled I'll just hang up the phone before the deed is done.

What options should I press when I ring them up?

Well the movies don't get wastched often in our house, and its only really me who watches the sports so If I can get them reduced it'll be brilliant, if I have to say I want it cancelled I'll just hang up the phone before the deed is done.

Can't remember the exact options but you need to get throught to cancellations, could be options 5, 5 and then 5.

You need to say you want to cancel because you can't afford it tho'.

I cancelled mine and it was due to expire on 13th February, because they were going to charge £65 for an engineer to look at our pisspoor Sky+ box. I fully expected them to call and offer me something. They didn't and I felt the twat when my missus made me ring them again on the 12th and cancel the cancellation because she wanted to make sure she could record Neighbours.

Neighbours aside, the point is they don't always offer you something (although they did when I cancelled 3 years ago...)

Instead, I'm going to look for one of those dudes who flog Sky in the shopping centres. At the moment my missus is the customer but I will sign up in my name this time and get a new box for free, cancelling my missus' account.

You may not get away with it as they will check your post code and work out what you are doing. If you call them and say you have a problem, they will come out for £65 and if needed will give you a new box in that charge. (Its up to you if you argue the £65 fee)

When you call the customer services number, there is an option on the call tree for cancellations, just press that and you should be fine.

As an added bonus, I got through to a call centre in Glasgow and not Bangaldesh, so it was relatively straight forward

What's the number and I'll ring up.

I'll do it in the style of Blakey from "on the buses" and see if I get the discount.

Numbers from SAYNOTO0870.com

0870 2404040 0844 2414141 01506 831741

You do realise you can record neighbours if you get a Freeview+ box for about 60 quid?!