You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Threatening to cancel sky..

Stouffer

Called them earlier on the 08702404040 number, option 5 for more option, option 4 for change of package. I just said "Hello, i am ringing to see if there is anything you can do to help me cut down my sky bill". She went through all the packages (Knowledge etc etc.) and i just kept saying "Yes i watch that" then she went "Oh well i have asked you everything i can do to help...so umm...we can bring your bill down from £55 to £48 for the next 6 months. Sorted.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im tempted to try my luck but I have sky broadband which means I have to keep sky tv(basic package) is it worth trying it for sky sports?

How long have you been with them?

If i was doing that, i'd ring up and ask how much it is, and when they say £12, tell them your mate pays £8 so you'd only budgeted for that amount or something

I got rid five years ago, Sky = Murdoch,sun, times etc. However, I am fortunate to be able to:

go to, stream or last resort pub,to watch any of our games home and away. All are better option than giving that lot my moooney. Its a lot easier to go with out the package these days, it just takes a bit of will power.

How long have you been with them?

If i was doing that, i'd ring up and ask how much it is, and when they say £12, tell them your mate pays £8 so you'd only budgeted for that amount or something

about 7 years mate, I have Sky sports but shall i try the "drop it" blag to get it cheaper, do you think it will work.

You do realise you can record neighbours if you get a Freeview+ box for about 60 quid?!

You're right but then I'd have to pay to have an aerial fitted as we don't have one. That I'm certain would be more than the £65 for the engineer.

When I called to cancel the cancellation they said that if we wanted to just use the Sky+ box as a Freeview box (which is what the box does without a card in it) and still be able to use the record facility then we would have to pay £9.65 per month to subscribe to the record facility. We would only get the Freeview channels but would still at least be able to record. Instead I now pay for 4 packs for £19.50 per month and I have got rid of the Sports channel. Thank God for the internet.

Does anyone know any electronic trickery to be able to use the record facility on a Sky+ box without having to pay fot it?

I bloody hate Sky.

You're right but then I'd have to pay to have an aerial fitted as we don't have one. That I'm certain would be more than the £65 for the engineer.

When I called to cancel the cancellation they said that if we wanted to just use the Sky+ box as a Freeview box (which is what the box does without a card in it) and still be able to use the record facility then we would have to pay £9.65 per month to subscribe to the record facility. We would only get the Freeview channels but would still at least be able to record. Instead I now pay for 4 packs for £19.50 per month and I have got rid of the Sports channel. Thank God for the internet.

Does anyone know any electronic trickery to be able to use the record facility on a Sky+ box without having to pay fot it?

I bloody hate Sky.

You could get freesat (not the sky version) which uses your old sky dish I believe, too lazy to look but sure there's a freesat+

I got rid five years ago, Sky = Murdoch,sun, times etc. However, I am fortunate to be able to:

go to, stream or last resort pub,to watch any of our games home and away. All are better option than giving that lot my moooney. Its a lot easier to go with out the package these days, it just takes a bit of will power.

Technically by going to the pub to watch sky you're still lining Murdoch's pocket, albeit indirectly.

You're giving money to the pub and creating a demand which ensures the pub keep renewing their sky subscription.

And the streams still have to come from somewhere but it's probably the best way to rip them off.

Technically by going to the pub to watch sky you're still lining Murdoch's pocket, albeit indirectly.

You're giving money to the pub and creating a demand which ensures the pub keep renewing their sky subscription.

And the streams still have to come from somewhere but it's probably the best way to rip them off.

Spot on that man! Never ceases to amaze me people who think watching sly in a pub somehow means they havent contributed to murdoch's wealth!

Errr, 'last resort' one game in ten. I don't have the choice of buying direct off the club,yet. So It will always until I can be sourced via the company that buys the rights. At least the landlord turns a profit and I can have a cold beer. i could listen to five live of course, which sometimes I do but needs must etc.

I buy the mag at the matches. Not the same, but.

Not entirely the same as the mag doesn't pay for the upkeep of the website. What I was suggesting was that anyone who saved a bit of money give a few quid to the site.

Every little helps.

Word to that website.

0870 numbers do my nut.

OT I know, but our company moved 500 yards down the road in London and BT refused to allow us to keep our number; "different exchange mate", so what should we have done? We offered good money to allow us to move the old 0207 number to the "different" exchange but they were having none of it.

We could have had an 0845 or 0800 number but they cost a fortune and many of our clients are on the phone for a long time. We decided on an 0870 number similar to our previous 0207 one. So now we're 0870 608 3001 and we were 0207 608 3001, so it's easy to remember for our long-standing clients.

As soon as we know they're not time-wasters, they're given the relevant direct dial (0207) number. We've totally no interest in making money from having an 0870 number and nor do we.

I cancelled mine and it was due to expire on 13th February, because they were going to charge £65 for an engineer to look at our pisspoor Sky+ box. I fully expected them to call and offer me something. They didn't and I felt the twat when my missus made me ring them again on the 12th and cancel the cancellation because she wanted to make sure she could record Neighbours.

Neighbours aside, the point is they don't always offer you something (although they did when I cancelled 3 years ago...)

Instead, I'm going to look for one of those dudes who flog Sky in the shopping centres. At the moment my missus is the customer but I will sign up in my name this time and get a new box for free, cancelling my missus' account.

I did this in the summer in order to get sky+ for free - I could have had SkyHD box for £100 but didn't want to pay that much plus the extra £10 a month for only a few channels so stuck with the free sky+ box. All I had to do was use seperate bank account (which I changed back later down the line) - for all they know you could have split up with girlfriend and she could be moving out. Two days after they installed the new box my girlfriend got a letter offering her a HD box for free if she stayed. Doh!

My mate also threatened to cancel (three months ago) and got his billed almost halved and a free hd box. He had multi-room etc so was paying over £60 before.

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill
OT I know, but our company moved 500 yards down the road in London and BT refused to allow us to keep our number; "different exchange mate", so what should we have done? We offered good money to allow us to move the old 0207 number to the "different" exchange but they were having none of it.

We could have had an 0845 or 0800 number but they cost a fortune and many of our clients are on the phone for a long time. We decided on an 0870 number similar to our previous 0207 one. So now we're 0870 608 3001 and we were 0207 608 3001, so it's easy to remember for our long-standing clients.

As soon as we know they're not time-wasters, they're given the relevant direct dial (0207) number. We've totally no interest in making money from having an 0870 number and nor do we.

Want to chat, flirt and date, we've got real guys waiting for your call NOW!