You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Portsmouth Away

Malarkey

If Xabi and Torres are injured that team would seem reasonable (in the sense that it might be right rather than its a reasonable team)

I wouldn't be very confident. I'd rather see Kuyt and Babel up front.

I am going to follow Cain's example and get pissed.

I think that's the best thing to do myself.

A couple of pints of Stella before the match probably won't make it seem as bad.

If Torres is injured, then you can obviously understand why he's not playing. But if he's on the bench then you have to wonder why he's resting him when he knows he's going to be playing against England mid week.

We should just pull him out of the squad.

Perhaps BECASUE he is going to play next week come what may.

I agree we should pull him out of the squad but he has to want to do that & that we don't know.

Personally i would spend 3/4 days in Seville's sun whilst thinking about how cold it is in England & pull out on the morning of the match!

Perhaps BECASUE he is going to play next week come what may.

I agree we should pull him out of the squad but he has to want to do that & that we don't know.

Personally i would spend 3/4 days in Seville's sun whilst thinking about how cold it is in England & pull out on the morning of the match!

First and foremost, we pay his wages. We shouldn't be considering next weeks friendly before we play today. If he's too tired and needs a rest after today then he we should pull him out of the squad.

I'd rather have a half fit Torres on the pitch than a fully fit Ngog.

Looking at that you realise how much utter shite is in our squad. There's nothing in reserve at all. How we ever led the premiership is a mystery of fortean proportions.

The most frustrating thing is that we've got Gerrard injured, Alonso a doubt and Lucas suspended and he still can't bring himself to give somebody like Spearing a go. I'd even rather have Plessis in there than Carragher in that position. Moving you're best centre-half out of position doesn't make sense to me.

He's tried this before with Carra in centre mid when we were light and it didn't work if I remember right.

I can't agree with that decision IF this is indeed the team. Should have given Spearing a chance if no first team CMs are fit and available.

As for the attacking players, what has happened to make him put Ngog instead of Riera?

Without Alonso, Gerrard and Torres we become a mid table team in attack - I mean can you seriously see us causing them problems? We lack pace, lack energy but have a little bit of skill on the left with Riera which won't trouble them. Even worse, I think Mascherano and Lucas in the middle will not be creative enough and too defensive. I fear for a defeat so maybe Rafa will take a draw here given the cirumstances.