You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bascombe latest effort

PaulMcC

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well they've both got a professional relationship, or did. I think it's the Man City thing that did, I'm pretty sure Reina is no great Rafa fan either.

And I've been told Carra doesn't like Rafa either.

Does any of the players?

We shoudl get Harry Redknapp in. Players love him.

I think that's where it started but is just a small part of the tale.

Xabi's main gripe is being touted all over Europe last summer, even until 31st August, and that Barry was still on the agenda for the coming summer, until City come bungling in with £12m and £125k a week.

I'm afraid the rift between the two is big. I hope they can both be men and settle their differences but I can't see it.

It seems one did almost instantly.

LIVERPOOL FC OFFICIAL STATEMENT

Paul Eaton 14 June 2009

Liverpool Football Club has today released the following statement.

"Despite repeated media speculation on the futures of Xabi Alonso and Javier Mascherano, Liverpool has received no official approach or offer from any club regarding the players.

"Neither are for sale and furthermore Liverpool has no interest in the long list of Spanish based players being linked with a move to Anfield as part of any deal."

the internet has ruined football, sad little bedroom wannabes more interested in gossip and innuendo and creating factions among the fanbase than supporting the club.

how can any self respecting red put more faith in the ramblings of some sell out tabloid hack with a personal vendetta than our top class manager who, despite his flaws, gives everything to the cause and fights our corner.

you don't deserve him.

Paul Eaton 14 June 2009

Liverpool Football Club has today released the following statement.

"Despite repeated media speculation on the futures of Xabi Alonso and Javier Mascherano, Liverpool has received no official approach or offer from any club regarding the players.

"Neither are for sale and furthermore Liverpool has no interest in the long list of Spanish based players being linked with a move to Anfield as part of any deal."

hahah, we're on the ball these days. go get em rafa lad.

the internet has ruined football, sad little bedroom wannabes more interested in gossip and innuendo and creating factions among the fanbase than supporting the club.

how can any self respecting red put more faith in the ramblings of some sell out tabloid hack with a personal vendetta than our top class manager who, despite his flaws, gives everything to the cause and fights our corner.

you don't deserve him.

But who are you? Are you in work now? Or are you at home, spewing out abuse at people? Who is Momo?

As far as Alonso is concerned, I hope he'll end up staying but he and Rafa really do need to sit down and try to iron out their differences.

The issue that Xabi has, is not only being touted around Europe last summer but also at the start of this summer. It's only now that Barry has gone to City that the club suddenly seem hell-bent on keeping him.

Alonso was being offered to clubs just a few weeks back and had been given no assurances from the manager or anyone at the club regarding his future, whereas Mascherano was being pulled into the office to assure him.

It's a bit childish, but that's football. If you see a team-mate in a similar situation, being treated differently then it's going to make you think (added to the fact that you have been told by several clubs that you're being offered around).

Anyway, I want it to become water under the bridge and still hope that it's retreivable.

Edited by Brownie

The sooner September 1st comes along the better. Where the tales end.

I think that's where people can get the wrong end of the stick though. Just because something doesn't happen, doesn't mean it was never a real possibility. When it comes to football, and especially transfers, lots of things go on behind the scenes that we'll never know about.

For instance, I posted in the week about Downing and how there's a possiblity that he may join us on loan for next season but that doesn't mean it will happen. It's just an option and there's lots of different variables involved before deals can go through.