You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

longballs

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest PaddyBerger15

If Hatton is still anywhere near his best, then he should have too much for Malinaggi, although I do think that the Guido has the style to cause Ricky problems.

Hatton to grind out a solid points win for me IF he still has a full tank of petrol.

Watched Paulie a few times and don't really rate him , think he's a bit weak to hold Ricky off for 12 rounds.

Do feel that Ricky is on the slide though & will be found out soon , and talk of a re-match with Mayweather Jr is an absolute joke.

On the old trainer front , I believe there is a legal action being prepared as he thinks Ricky didn't pay him fully for the Maussa ( I think ) fight , and he has strangely turned up in New York although he says he isn't going to the fight.

Guest PaddyBerger15
Watched Paulie a few times and don't really rate him , think he's a bit weak to hold Ricky off for 12 rounds.

Do feel that Ricky is on the slide though & will be found out soon , and talk of a re-match with Mayweather Jr is an absolute joke.

On the old trainer front , I believe there is a legal action being prepared as he thinks Ricky didn't pay him fully for the Maussa ( I think ) fight , and he has strangely turned up in New York although he says he isn't going to the fight.

That's just how I see it Rog. Paulie is a bit flash and style, but not much in the way of substance. I'm not sure he has what it takes when it goes into the trenches, so if Ricky can take him there, he might fold. Ricky should steer well clear of Mayweather and any fight outside of 140.

The split with Billy Graham was painted out to be all amicable when it happened, but it would appear not.

That's just how I see it Rog. Paulie is a bit flash and style, but not much in the way of substance. I'm not sure he has what it takes when it goes into the trenches, so if Ricky can take him there, he might fold. Ricky should steer well clear of Mayweather and any fight outside of 140.

The split with Billy Graham was painted out to be all amicable when it happened, but it would appear not.

Didnt Mayweather retire?

Yes Robbie , but Hatton is talking about offering him enough money to reverse his decision.

I hope he stays retired , but have my doubts.

Ah i see.Didnt know that.Mayweather would have a tough fight against Hatton if the ref allowed Hatton to fight on the inside.

Guest PaddyBerger15
Yes Robbie , but Hatton is talking about offering him enough money to reverse his decision.

I hope he stays retired , but have my doubts.

So do I mate, for 2 reasons. I can't fucking stand Mayweather and I really don't like the idea of a rematch at all.

After the first fight Hatton was starting to sound punchy to me, he is on the slide which is inevitable for an all action, face first fighter like him, and I think Mayweather could hurt him properly if they fought again, either that or it would be a crap fight. Hatton needs to stay well away from that fight.

Ah i see.Didnt know that.Mayweather would have a tough fight against Hatton if the ref allowed Hatton to fight on the inside.

There is an element of that mate, but I can't see any way that Hatton could beat Mayweather, if they fought 10 times, Ricky would be lucky to win one. If Hatton was allowed to get away with dirty tricks and turn it into a real roughhouse brawl then it might take a different turn, but Mayweather is too strong and too skillful for him. He took him apart in the end and it was painful to watch.

So do I mate, for 2 reasons. I can't fucking stand Mayweather and I really don't like the idea of a rematch at all.

After the first fight Hatton was starting to sound punchy to me, he is on the slide which is inevitable for an all action, face first fighter like him, and I think Mayweather could hurt him properly if they fought again, either that or it would be a crap fight. Hatton needs to stay well away from that fight.

There is an element of that mate, but I can't see any way that Hatton could beat Mayweather, if they fought 10 times, Ricky would be lucky to win one. If Hatton was allowed to get away with dirty tricks and turn it into a real roughhouse brawl then it might take a different turn, but Mayweather is too strong and too skillful for him. He took him apart in the end and it was painful to watch.

I would be fearful of that aswell if Hatton fought him again.He could really damage his repuation if got hammered.

Guest PaddyBerger15
I would be fearful of that aswell if Hatton fought him again.He could really damage his repuation if got hammered.

Yeah and his health. Ricky needs to win tonight and then think about packing it in while he is on top. His style of fighting doesn't lend itself to a long career.