You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

23 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

Mr Raab has summoned the Iranian ambassador to the Foreign Office.

“We are most cross, Mr Baeidinejad, most cross indeed. One may even say we are vexed. Yes, most vexed by your behaviour. You will see that I’ve marked this by serving you tea in the second best china. That should tell you just how vexed we are.”

43 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

I bet everyone who has been arguing that the Iranian regime is trustworthy must be feeling a bit silly now.

People were arguing that we had no business seizing Iranian ships, and that Iran seizing our ships was just tit-for-tat. Hopefully now those people will acknowledge we were completely right to seize it in the first place, given that it's going to fuel Assad's industrial killing machine.

1 hour ago, Sixtimes Dog said:

But the Iranians are such trustworthy people.

I’m afraid... if you objectively look at the history of the bilateral relations between the UK and Iran, you’d have to admit that, it looks worse for you guys than it does for the Iranians.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

I’m afraid if you objectively look at the history of the bilateral relationship between the UK and Iran, you’d have to admit that, it looks worse for you guys than it does for the Iranians.

Mossadegh is ancient history. You might as well label the Germans as bad guys because of the Nazis.

Start totting up from the Iranian revolution, when this regime took power, then tell me that the UK is the bad half in this relationship.

20 minutes ago, Sixtimes Dog said:

People were arguing that we had no business seizing Iranian ships, and that Iran seizing our ships was just tit-for-tat. Hopefully now those people will acknowledge we were completely right to seize it in the first place, given that it's going to fuel Assad's industrial killing machine.

We've already got too many of them haven't we SD? 

6 minutes ago, Sixtimes Dog said:

Mossadegh is ancient history. You might as well label the Germans as bad guys because of the Nazis.

Start totting up from the Iranian revolution, when this regime took power, then tell me that the UK is the bad half in this relationship.

History doesn’t begin only when you want them to SD. Some would argue without the coup d’etat, there wouldn’t have been no revolution. You lot overthrew a secular democratic government purely for their oil, let’s not forget. 

22 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

History doesn’t begin only when you want them to SD. Some would argue without the coup d’etat, there wouldn’t have been no revolution. You lot overthrew a secular democratic government purely for their oil, let’s not forget. 

Nobody said history begins when a person wants it to, but what the fuck does someone being overthrown in the 1950s have to do with the legitimacy of us trying to stop the Ayatollahs from helping Assad to commit mass murder in 2019?

1 minute ago, Sixtimes Dog said:

Nobody said history begins when a person wants it to, but what the fuck does someone being overthrown in the 1950s have to do with the legitimacy of us trying to stop the Ayatollahs from helping Assad to commit mass murder in 2019?

Similar to why you think its ok for Netanyahu to 'annex' Palestinian boroughs because who gives a fuck that its their land eh? 

1 minute ago, Sixtimes Dog said:

It’s just a bad look for you as an Englishman to question the integrity of Iranians, especially taking into account your (collective) past.

1 minute ago, viRdjil said:

It’s just a bad look for you as an Englishman to question the integrity of Iranians, especially taking into account your (collective) past.

I was born in England and served in the forces and I think this country (Britain as an institution) has as much blood on its hands and any other regime. Just ask India. 

You used the words 'industrial killing machine' thereby making Israeli atrocities relevant to this thread. 

"It isn't okay" its fucking abhorrent ! Netanyahu is a fucking cunt and is up there with Assad as a massive murdering cunt. 

Yet you have on this very forum backed Netanyahu. 

Need I go on? 

13 minutes ago, Sixtimes Dog said:

What rot.

It's not really.

Britain and the US have no moral basis in complaining about the actions of the Iranian regime, without at first and fulsomely acknowledging that regime is only in place because Britain overthrew a secular democratically elected government.

It's similar to Israel and Hamas.  Hamas was deliberately supported and promoted by Israel to splinter support from the less religiously nutcase Palestinian groups.  Israel then looks pretty fucking massively hypocritical denouncing Hamas as a terrible bunch of lads.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

You used the words 'industrial killing machine' thereby making Israeli atrocities relevant to this thread. 

"It isn't okay" its fucking abhorrent ! Netanyahu is a fucking cunt and is up there with Assad as a massive murdering cunt. 

Yet you have on this very forum backed Netanyahu. 

Need I go on? 

You clearly have no idea what is going on in Syria if you think that's an appropriate comparison. 

And I have never in my life backed Netanyahu. Stop making things up.

7 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

It's not really.

Britain and the US have no moral basis in complaining about the actions of the Iranian regime, without at first and fulsomely acknowledging that regime is only in place because Britain overthrew a secular democratically elected government.

Again, pure shit. By this metric, nobody can complain about anyone, ever.

Just now, Sixtimes Dog said:

Again, pure shit. By this metric, nobody can complain about anyone, ever.

Bit of a massive leap there - because you have no other legitimate discussion point perhaps?

If you want your words to have any meaning, you need to acknowledge your part in creating the situation.  Otherwise you just look like either stupid or untrustworthy. 

• Upvote 1