You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The "things that make you realise you're getting older" thread

Section_31

in fairness the 19 year old who works with me brought her mate out. Told her she had the greatest tits in the world and told the girl I work with i liked her pearl necklace and would be happy to add to it.All while pissed.

so despite being oldest i was probably least grown up out.

*nervously awaits sexual harassment call from hr*

• Upvote 1

And you're way older than that.

Love you too Champ.

As I have said before, that's another thing that makes you realise you're getting older, when just being here starts to feel like something of an achievement

I could always go off you, Furmedge

For calling me Scottish. Not that there's anything wrong with being Scottish etc...

Don't be like that. Have a creme egg with bacon buttie and you'll be grand.

My mind was on 'other things' when I read this last night, I just got what you meant. See above

Complaining about my knee pain yesterday walking round the shops. Put it down to years of playing sport and concluding my best years are behind me. I'm 35, my best years were behind me a long time ago.

There's not a soul I know, who's played sport to any level, who's not crocked in some way shoulders, knees, backs, whatever. Much to the delight of our neighbour/friend Jack, who's never intentinally done any physical exercise and has none of these ailments

Complaining about my knee pain yesterday walking round the shops. Put it down to years of playing sport and concluding my best years are behind me. I'm 35, my best years were behind me a long time ago.

There's not a soul I know, who's played sport to any level, who's not crocked in some way shoulders, knees, backs, whatever. Much to the delight of our neighbour/friend Jack, who's never intentinally done any physical exercise and has none of these ailments

Both of my knees are pretty bad, one has been wrecked since I was 15 from playing Rugby. My back is intermittently bad and has been since I was about 25 which they think is because I don't walk or stand properly because of my knees. 

Last year I started getting problems in my shoulders which it would seem it related to doing around 60mph to stop in less than a second courtesy of a Northumberland gate post and wall leaping out in front of the rally car. The doctor seemed most concerned that it took me about 18 months before I actually went to see them because the pain got too bad.

I'm 34, how long do I have until the arthritis starts? And how do I tell it's that and not just the existing damage. 

Gout, fucking gout, 39 and I've got fucking gout.

And yes it hurts, like fucking billio. I've never known pain like it, even a kick in the bollox in Sunday league, or one from the opener bowler in the box on a Saturday afternoon hurts less than this, sweet fucking Jesus....

• Upvote 2

When I offered my sympathies to Furmedge I didnt expect you all to come out bleating about your aches and pains. Get a grip of yourselves before you talk yourself into premature old age. I was 40 before I ran my first marathon

• Upvote 1