You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The "things that make you realise you're getting older" thread

Section_31

Good work Al.  This is the only way to try and mitigate the effortless cool and charm of the dancing male.  Shunned by one and all.

Backs to the wall lads, there's a poof in town.

Anybody else got that pic of Louis and Rico in their heads?

• Upvote 1

There is nothing more heterosexual than a group of men sitting together, trying to outdo each other with homophobic gibes, to mask their own insecurities, towards the man surrounded by gash.

Curses, the fucker's on to us!

Good work Al.  This is the only way to try and mitigate the effortless cool and charm of the dancing male.  Shunned by one and all.

Backs to the wall lads, there's a poof in town.

You'll not play for yarkshire. No offence.

• Upvote 1

Been taking ice skating lessons as a joint activity to keep the missus happy. Teacher does not understand that my knees and ankles simply do not twist and bend in the way that she wants them to. And looking over my shoulder whilst going backwards is a frigging nightmare as well.

Not helped by the class of 6 year olds appearing to do everything naturally on the other side of the ice

Oh fuck no.

tumblr_n10bnyBI3L1sq9gyxo1_500.jpg

There is nothing more heterosexual than a group of men sitting together, trying to outdo each other with homophobic gibes, to mask their own insecurities, towards the man surrounded by gash.

I'll have a short back and sides sweetheart.

Now pass me Razzle.

Oh fuck no.

Posted Image

Actually this is what pisses me off. I can go forwards, I can go backwards to an extent, I can change direction and I can stop. Outside of playing ice hockey, why do I need to learn more? Because I have made it very clear that I will never do any of that dancing shit

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Actually this is what pisses me off. I can go forwards, I can go backwards to an extent, I can change direction and I can stop. Outside of playing ice hockey, why do I need to learn more? Because I have made it very clear that I will never do any of that dancing shit

You doth protest too much PR. I smell a rabbit off.

Are you Torville ?

I will never be Torville. My ankles are clearly too knackered from football for that. And I upset the teacher too much. A couple of weeks ago she asked me who was the boss. I said me because I was paying for the lessons. Her communist brain exploded and now she pretty much leaves me alone

• Upvote 3

I went to salsa classes with an ex for a few weeks.

Hated every second of it. I've two left feet and I'm right footed. There's something seriously dodgy about a bloke if he's a good dancer.

Did salsa with an ex when I was 18. When it became apparent I was a million times better than her at it she saw her arse and stopped us going

I did a tango class in a BA hostel years ago (I could just count steps like Rain Man so my lack of any funk or rythmn caused no impediment) and got paired up with a pensioner with pendulous jugs who looked like Don King, had something sexual written on her chest that escapes me now, and kept shooting me the sort of glances a fox does a chicken.

Her hands got more closely acquainted with my arse than mine ever did the handlebars of my favourite childhood bike, and I count myself very fortunate to be around to tell the tale. Fingered her, obviously.

• Upvote 3

Thats never happened to me yet in 27 years of driving and Im assuming Im close to 20 years older than you Mark.

Premiums never seem to go down.

If he's just building up his NCD I reckon he might save himself a few pounds. I never just renew without doing a comparison search first. The first rule of insurance...loyalty doesnt pay

Car Insurance in UK seems to have gone a bit bonkers. I wonder what I would be paying for insurance on a normal car, in a pretty normal/a bit rural location fully comp for a year. Any ideas, it would be interesting to compare?

I think it very much depends on how old you and possibly how lomg you've been driving. We run 2 cars insured for just the 2 of us to drive and insurance is about £240 on both cars. To add junior, aged 20, to either policy would cost us another 2 grand minimum. Crazy money