You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The "things that make you realise you're getting older" thread

Section_31

Caught sight of myself in the mirror this morning. Pot belly, a stone and a half heavier than I was this time last year and my bird said she saw a grey hair on my head. Thought to myself, fucking hell I’m turning 30 this year.

Still, long way to go until 38.

Cunt.

Repped.

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

Nearly 1am here and the missus just came in and reminded me I have a docs appointment at 8am. Fucking hell, forgot all about that, better knock the drinking on the head. 

Telling the kids that I was calling a certain player of a certain sport 'Steptoe' and them all looking blankly at me until I produced a picture on my phone.

In fact the amount of times I have to follow up references with images one my phone because they just don't get them.

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

I no longer jump out of bed or jump up out of a chair for fear of my back 'going'

Have I said that earlier in the thread or not? I can't remember.

I learnt my lesson last year when I jumped up after a certain team scored and pulled my fucking hamstring. I don't use public transport that much, due to having a car. If I do, there is no fucking way I'm running for a bus/tram, I'll just wait for the next one. 

My missus last day off after Xmas so we decided as we were in the area to have a little walk around Newsham Park. Took my kids there all the time when they were smaller and was really getting nostalgic, tear in the eye stuff.

There are those little square photos with the white edges of me in my pushchair being taken to feed the ducks at Newsham Park. I love those little pictures

There are those little square photos with the white edges of me in my pushchair being taken to feed the ducks at Newsham Park. I love those little pictures

Loads of cheeky Squirrels there today and 100's of Canadian Geese as usual. That Park holds a lot of memories for me with the kids, feeding Ducks, looking for conkers, teaching the kids to ride bikes. Football, Cricket, Kites and the Swings, hours spent there with them. Getting upset here writing this, soft sod.

Loads of cheeky Squirrels there today and 100's of Canadian Geese as usual. That Park holds a lot of memories for me with the kids, feeding Ducks, looking for conkers, teaching the kids to ride bikes. Football, Cricket, Kites and the Swings, hours spent there with them. Getting upset here writing this, soft sod.

Hey, what's to be upset about? They sound like great times

• Upvote 1