You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The "things that make you realise you're getting older" thread

Section_31

Bundesarchiv_Bild_101III-Altstadt-065-05

This reminds me. A lad I used to work with went to a Police awards evening where he got talking with a senior Officer. The subject of family war medals came up and he was told he could proudly display his Grandfather’s medals on one side of his chest during official functions. After two or three times of trying to change the subject and also saying he didn’t think it was a good idea, he had to point out that his Grandfather was in the SS during the Second World War. You’d have thought the most German sounding surname imaginable would have given the Senior Officer a clue.

• Upvote 4

Wife ran a stall at Liverpool's Xmas market & I covered the pitch on a few of the days. Had a bit of a laugh with the young girl on the stall opposite one day & then the next day she said to the Mrs ' Oh your dad had me in stitches yesterday , when's he back on ?'

Put this in here before but my mate came out the gym and these girls about 18 looked at him. He looked back thinking maybe they were into him

As he got in his car he heard " urghh that man was well staring at you"

• Upvote 1

[quote name="Chris" post="

I'm sure everyone has mentioned the being desperate for a piss when you wake up every morning thing, but that.

Im the morning

Lucky bastards,dont think i have not woke up to piss in the night in weeks. I knew turning 35 was the begging of the end

I'd get that stuff checked out lads. There's no need to be getting up in the night for a piss unless you've had an absolute skinful.

I think mine is a learned behaviour to be honest, I got into a habit of forcing myself to have a piss prior to doing things so it wouldn't interrupt me.

• 2 weeks later...